Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-25-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/T1I/T1IA.HTM
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-25-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
20fps at 1080 though... that is such a weird thing to me.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-25-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
what do you care? you probably have the 5dmk2....or red.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-25-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
HAHA! Well, being a nikon guy I don't have the 5d but it is a fun camera to shoot with!

But I do care about the 1080 20p because at its price point a bunch of people are going to hop on that bandwagon and now I will have to sit through a ton of videos at 20p because people think 1080 20p is better than 720 30p. They should really just get it right with 24p. Well, maybe they won't and Nikon will. Crossing my fingers for that one!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-25-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
You can't expect that an entry level SLR (or even a mid-range one) will have the same breadth of features or quality that a pro body will have.

Canon seems to have done things right with their 5Dmk2 but the D90? Limitations here, drawbacks there...blah. Lots of terrible/boring videos (in HD!!!) on vimeo. Of course, considering the economy I'm sure Nikon and Canon are just throwing whatever tech they currently have into their new bodies hoping that a gimmicky (read: not very usable) video mode will steal a few sales from the other guy. In any other climate I think we would have seen Nikon and Canon both tweak with things in their pro bodies before releasing water-down versions to the entry/mid range models.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
The Pany GH1 will do 720p at 60fps and 1080p at 24fps and it also will autofocus!

As far as video in a "DSLR" I'd say it has the best features.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-25-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
24p is bad enough capturing high motion sports etc, 20p would have to be jerky as heck.

Canon and Nikon have run out of things to throw on these consumer level DSLRs without biting into their higher level body sales. Video is one thing that most pros and high end photographers could care less about so this is a way to add features to these new bodies without cannibalizing the high end sales.