Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    robert_c            02-03-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone has had difficulty with using a wakeboard cruise (with paddle wheel)on boats with added ballast? I know the pro has an adjustment for this and the cruise does not. Does it make much of a difference?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
Have had the cruise on two boats, never had an issue.. even with almost 3k in weight.

B-
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-03-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
Does the water depth change much throughout your run? If so, try finding a more consistent depth. The shallower the water the faster your boat will run, the deaper the slower. As the depth changes your boat will change speeds and sometimes the cruise doesn't correct quickly enough.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-04-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
CDM:

Any effects the depth of the water will have will be limited to very shallow water. If the water is more than twice the depth as the wake is tall then any effects of depth changes will be negligible.

Old    robert_c            02-04-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
The water is generally between 5-10 feet but I was concerned about the cruise's ability to hold the speed or quickly react to it with a loaded boat. I'm not sure if it's worth going to the pro for this feature...?
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-04-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
Yes shallow water.. In my experience, quickly changing depths, 10+ feet to 3-5 feet you will experience a increase in speed even with PPDP. And it will not always accurately correct for this quick change in depth as quickly as you want. This has been my experience with my 03' X-Star with 2800 lbs water ballast. Rob, obviously PPDP is a better cruise and I do recommend it. I have experimented with both the rpm and speed based modes and have found each mode has its advantages.