Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Cleaned the seats yesterday with magic eraser and ivy soap. It worked great for the dirt and overall cleaning, but I have two spots that just wouldn't come up. I have read some threads about bleach and water but am timid to try that on the seats. Has anyone tried fingernail polish remover? Does anyone know of anything to get out stubborn stains? They are driving me nuts!
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
I would try the bleach/water combo first. Nail Polish remover is more harsh. I had a stain on a kitchen counter and put NP Remover on it. After letting it sit about 2 minutes and wiping it up, it ate through my counter top. Granted it was an apartment and was cheap material, but still would scare me. It might be a good idea to test both out on the under side of your seat, where it won't be seen first.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
I have used it before. It seemed to do okay and immediately after using it, I used another cleaner to neutralize it. Then again, I was removing nail polish...
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-08-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Do not use fingernail polish remover!!! It will destroy your seats. A better option is scrub free with bleach as you can apply it just to the stain and let it sit and then wipe off. Only use as last resort.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
I agree with Brandon. Go easy on that bleach though.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-08-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
try a little gas.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-08-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Nail polish remover is mostly Acetone, and is not really good for stains, but for cleaning up adhesive, paints, grease, etc. I would not recommend to use on a seat unless you had something like this on it.

Gas, well gas is, just gas, dont use it.

Bleach/water would be my next try.
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
SO no nail polish remover!! Sounds like I should try the bleach, would I just apply it with a Q-Tip and let it set for a few minutes, then wipe off? Would gas hurt the seats?
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       05-08-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
I used bleach on a stain that was created by leaving a wet ski glove on the seat under a hot boat cover. I about started crying when I saw it. The bleach took it out and didn't cause any damage. This was on white, if it's colored vinyl, I would try it on a hidden portion of the seat first.

YMMV,
JT
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       05-08-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
Yes, I used a Q-tip...

JT
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! I love this site. You can get help with anything. Wakeworld is awesome!!!
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
Thanks JT!!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-08-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
where do you get magic erasers? I need them for a stain...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Any grocery store.
Old     (sims)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-09-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
I've seen a few posts on Magic Erasers, but don't know what it is. Is it a spray bottle type cleaner? Or like the stain pens from Tide and other laundry detergents?

Thanks!