Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2012, 2:12 AM Reply   
We have over 10000 images and 225GB of video that we are working through, but I got through all of the chase photos which are some of my favorite every year, and give you the best overall picture of the event, I think.

Everyone seemed to have a great time and the wakesurfing community never ceases to amaze me. People just get along and have a great time even though they are crammed in a tight space for many hours at a time.

There were 5 boats sponsored by each manufacturer and weighted by each:
  • 2012 Tige Z3 with Convex VXT prototype
  • 2013 Centurion Enzo 244
  • 2013 SkiSupreme V226
  • 2013 Sanger 237
  • 2013 Pavati AX-V24 Prototype

There were 50+ boards and we had special racks on top of the barge to hold them all and then distribute to all of the riders. We separated the event into 5 separate 2 hour sessions, 5 groups of people with 4-5 members, giving each rider about 20 minutes per session. 3 sessions on Saturday and then 2 on Sunday. 5 meals were provided for everyone and everyone surfed their brains out. There was LOTS of wobbly legs on Sunday.

Before I get to the pictures, I want to thank all of the boat and board manufacturers and all of those that helped make the event work.

I will be posting a highlight video and maybe a few more pictures in various places but for the entire archive of photos and videos you will need to visit in the near future:

http://wake9.com/polar-bear

Here is a great picture where you can see the barge with a few boats tied up to it, and check out the boards on the roof. Also, look at that water, it was like that all weekend. Amazing conditions.

IMG_5220 by wake9, on Flickr

Great shot of the Centurion 244, great wake and you can get a good look at just how big that cockpit is, I think everyone mentioned the size of that cockpit.

IMG_5044 by wake9, on Flickr

Joe Penner was checking out that transom seat, and I think liked it too much. This was Group 2. The Pavait struggled to dial in the first day, but improved a ton on the next day. I have to give Pavati credit for jumping into this group and their willingness to learn and watch and listen. This boat is gonna surf, because they are committed to making sure it does, and getting the feedback from the right people.

IMG_5060 by wake9, on Flickr

The Sanger was slammed, and the wake showed it. It was big with lots of push and great on both sides.

IMG_5106 by wake9, on Flickr

The Pavati looked really great on the water.

IMG_5172 by wake9, on Flickr

Everyone wanted to get a look at the Z3 with the new Convex VXT device. You can see it under the deck here, and how the water is coming off of it.

IMG_5254 by wake9, on Flickr

A good look at the goofy wake on the Z3.

IMG_5283 by wake9, on Flickr

The Supreme 226 didn't fail to show off its great wake, on both sides, at a great value.

IMG_5369 by wake9, on Flickr

Anthony VanDerlinde taking a nose dive behind the Centurion.

IMG_5386 by wake9, on Flickr

This is what Mitch saw as he distributed boards to the groups in the boats as we switched sessions.

IMGP9189 by wake9, on Flickr

A good look at that huge cockpit in the 244 and classic styling in that boat. It was PURRDY.

IMGP9202 by wake9, on Flickr

So where the 244 has the big cockpit, check out the bow in this 22 foot supreme.

IMGP9210 by wake9, on Flickr

Who needs a bimini top? The weather was SO nice.

IMG_5488 by wake9, on Flickr