Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-28-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I have an MB Quart NRA450 cd player with wired remotes to the dash and stern. Last summer, they started acting funny and quit all together. Both still have power but I can't work any of the buttons. I check all connections...

So do I replace with a new deck and if so, can it be another brand?

Thanks!
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-28-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
You should have a reset button on the deck. Try that before you buy a new one. I had a similar problem last year, and that was the solution. Hope this helps.........
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-28-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
I had that same deck. Had to send it back to the factory twice before I just gave up and bought an Alpine. I'm sorry to hear that you are having the same problem I did. If I remember right, it would illumiate some of the buttons but the screen would not turn on, and was not able to get any of the buttons to function. Mine quit the final time because of moisture under the cover (yes, you read that right -- and it is marketed as a marine-quality deck).
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-28-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
That's good to know. Where is the reset button?
I would go to Alpine if that doesn't work. If so, will I need to switch out the remotes? (could be a dumb question)
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       11-28-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Hey Mike if your gonna go Alpine w/ Ipod I would suggest Pioneer w/ Ipod, much better setup IMO.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-28-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Shawn,
Any pioneer head unit suggestions? Which one did you use and like? I was going to go with the Alpine 9883, but your comment made me look at the Pioneer Premier DEH-P590IB, and now I better go and try both before I buy one.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       11-28-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
Hey Darin- The Alpine 9883 is a intermediate line head unit. I would suggest the DEH-P6900, it's about 10$ more but twice the deck. One thing you really want to look for also is pre-out voltage. The 9883 is only 2volts where the 6900 is 4 volts. Much cleaner, louder signal!
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18326
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-29-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
I looked for the reset button last night but couldn't find it. Anyone?

Shawn - My problem is I have an MB remote to the dash and stern. If I were to switch to pioneer, which remote would you suggest?
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       11-29-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Mike, use the pioneer CD-MR80D. About 125$.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-29-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Depending on how long you want to wait. Alpine is coming out with 2 marine head units with transom remotes. They will be shown at CES. http://www.mblast.com/files/companies/74170/Logo/Illustrator-EPS-CMYK/marine%20photo%20092707.jpeg

One is a cd deck and one is the Ipod only deck. Not sure when they will ship

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-29-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Shawn,
Do I need to run a 4V output if I am running straight into the new WS420 EQ? Is the 4V output the only advantage between those two?
DO you say the 9883 is intermediate only because of the line voltage, or some other spec?
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       11-29-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
I say the 9883 is intermediate cause of lack of options in the Alpine line. There are 4-5 more decks higher than that one. Whatever deck you choose get at least 4volts. I run 5volt head unit right now.Remember everything starts at the head unit and goes from there, I always tell people not to skimp on head units.