Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Blindside_137)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-25-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
hey,

does anyone know if 08 Ronix ones would fit on a 2009 LF watson? Just concerned about the changing of base plate and hole patterns. I've had my 08 ones on a 2006 LF PS3
Old    HunterHudd            04-25-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
It should fit fine just not as many options,I have the 08 ones and a 2009 Ronix viva
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-25-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
Someone posted a link to a chart on evogear.com about a month ago that had compatability specs for all major companie's boards and boots over the past few years, hopefully they see this and throw up the link again, otherwise you can search evogear.
Old     (Blindside_137)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-25-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
alright thanks, sounds like i'll be ok.. i'll go check evogear and see if i can find the chart
Old     (Blindside_137)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-25-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
so i found the link..

http://www.evogear.com/info/helpcenter/555.aspx

and for 8" binding on 6" board it says... "One stance option Liquid Force or two stance options on CWB" But it doesn't say what stance option that will be!!
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
Excuse the sloppiness, just wanted to make something quick in paint to give a visual.

As you can see, the outside of your binding will use the outermost hole, but the inside of your binding will have to move 2 inches towards the inside, decreasing your stance width one from what it would be with a 6 inch plate.
Attached Images

Old     (Blindside_137)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-25-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
hmm that makes sense now.. not too excited that I'll be forced to ride a 25in stance.. but I rode all the way out on my one board (23in) and my PS3 (24in). I guess an extra inch or so won't be noticeable.

I've just always wanted to ride the watson and found an 09 limited for a steal. with my knee issue i really want a softer landing board than my ronix one, so i think the sacrifice in stance will hurt less than the landings will. haha

thanks everyone