Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
I recently broke an older pair of Hyperlite Murray Bindings [2006] I caught a Back Edge and the Boa System Broke, the band came off, and it messed up my riding. They were my favorite bindings I've ever been in, perfect for pokin' out my grabs just the way I like, with some awesome heel toe response. when they broke I wasn't sure I wanted to bring them back or not, but eventually did because I hear Hyperlite is awesome with thier warranties, and they are. I brought them back to my local shop, showed them the damage, and they gave me new ones, it was awesome, and I'm very appreciative of the people that work at that shop. The first time I rode the Murray Bindings, my friend told me that I would hate them the first ride, which I expected and did. I gave them a few more rides, and tehy did get to be a little more comfortable, but I'm more concerned with how stiff they are meant to be. The 2008 Murray bindings changed in style completely to accomodate murrays ACL recovery which is cool because a lot of riders mess up thier knees etc., however I loved the old ones, and these, not so much. They are very comfortable, easy to get into, I can tell they put a lot of work into these bindings, but they just aren't for me, it feels like my riding changed. after a frustrating set, I switched over to my brother's setup to relax a bit, it's my old ONE with CELL bindings that are too small, I really really like the bindings other than the fact that my toes were curled over the entire ride.

Sorry for the long back story, but heres my question, would it be wrong to try to sell the new murray bindings to someone that would enjoy them for what they are, so I could buy the bindings that I want? I'm thinking about it in my head and it seems kinda wrong, but I don't know what I should do...

Thanks,
Trevor.
Old     (gdouble)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-28-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
no, it'd be fine, because you received your current bindings as a result of breaking a binding that fit well and that you preferred. If the original murray hadn't been what you wanted, and hadn't broken you could have pulled off the transaction you are considering now, so the only thing holding you back is that you feel you got hooked up w/ a better more valuable (price-wise) binding...I wouldn't sweat it. I think that the companies would prefer people to ride their bindings and enjoy them, instead of forcing you to ride them through guilt, then hate them, then tell your friends you don't like them...

Just one opinion.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
No
- unless you're the kinda "chick" that continues to wear shoes that kill your feet and can't let go because of the styling & detail, then it would be wrong.

I know you're not a chick, but most people will know what I mean.

(Message edited by phantom5815 on July 28, 2008)
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
Phantom, The New Murrays are Pretty.

I feel better about it now, I just need to figure out if I need to sell them trough eBay/Craigslist/W.W. or take them back to the store, or take them back to a different store that has the bindings I want in stock or whatever will be the best way to do this. If I sell them to a fellow rider instead of giving them back to the store, I can use the cash leftover from the transaction to pay for my next contest, would that be wrong? I just don't want to be an ***hole to the company or shop that was so nice to me.
Old     (gdouble)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-28-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
If you're truly concerned about not burning bridges then just go to the shop and ask them what they think...
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2008, 11:17 PM Reply   
Good Point Garen.