Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       07-09-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
I usually hate when people post these but now it applies to me so I feel bad. Anyway I ride all cable and am 6'3 225. I rode a witness grind 144 and the size is fine I just wasn't really a fan of the witness. What other grind base boards are out there from a 142 to a 144 that aernt too expensive, will last and aernt as locked in as the witness. Looked into the ps3 but it only goes to a 141. Maybe a bit too small but still a possibility. Thanks
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-12-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
You could do CWB Vibe 147. They also make a 142. I'm about 175lbs and ride the 142 though
Old     (aBoMoFo)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-12-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
+1 for the vibe. I'm barely into my second year on a wakeboard and even newer to cable/obstacles but I'm a fan of the 2010 vibe 142 that I picked up a few months back. The base of the board is in good shape after hitting rails and ramps and it's also good times behind a boat too!
Old    deetz9            07-13-2011, 12:59 AM Reply   
I love my Ronix Pheonix Project. It is an awesome obstacle board with just the right amount of flex.(it doesn't feel like you fall into a hole when you get booted off a kicker). If you are going for air tricks this is probably not your best choice, but a great board for sliders and kickers. Hope that helps
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       07-13-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
Alright I never tried the vibe before. I rode slingshot and when I switched to the witness I found i really liked the stiff boards more. I think im gonna look into the harley or the viva. Im looking for a stiff board with a slider base thats not as locked in as the witness. Does the vibe flex alot? Thanks
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-13-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy1173 View Post
Alright I never tried the vibe before. I rode slingshot and when I switched to the witness I found i really liked the stiff boards more. I think im gonna look into the harley or the viva. Im looking for a stiff board with a slider base thats not as locked in as the witness. Does the vibe flex alot? Thanks
I've only ridden the Vibe behind a boat. As far as flex goes, I'd say for a "flex" board, it's pretty stiff. Not as stiff as Slingshot but still not like a noodle. I found that with the vibe behind boat is provides a bit softer landings.

The 2011 is stiffer than the 2010.
Old    deetz9            07-13-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
I have both the 2011 viva and the harley. I love the viva for soft landings and it really boosts you up there. I had trouble doing big spins with the viva so i bought the harley and i think that is my favorite ride so far.
Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-14-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
I ride the Wakeology Stoke 142. Love it. Rode the 137 before, but turned it in for the 142 (6'1 190lbs). I love how aggressive, stiff, and fun the board is. The other boards listed are great too, but I went with Wakeology because I like the independents, I could buy 2 of the stokes for the price of the boards listed above, and I got a sweet deal (in my opinion). Either way, I don't think you will be unhappy with your board.
If you have questions about getting a Wakeology board let me know. I can hook you up with the guy that helped me get mine and he will likely give you a discount off of the retail price they have listed on their site.

Good luck!
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-14-2011, 10:44 PM Reply   
I too only ride cable and I am also on a Witness.. I have ridden slingshots and the vibe. This past weekend I got to ride a LF Deluxe Hybrid.. Made rails sooooo much more fun for me. I also got to demo a CTRL Blueprint... I now feel torn from my Witness that I have loved since the first time I rode it. If you can demo. Try a Blueprint. I rode it finless and with the bottom contours it tracked very well and the base was suuuper slick. It also has a really nice flex in the tip and tail which allowed me to press but still be able to get a really good load on the line(not as good as my Witness, but it was also finless). If you arent doing many air tricks. Try the LF Deluxe. Once you get that board to flex, it holds, and riding it finless was still very rider friendly because of its bottom contours also. Hope this helps.
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-21-2011, 8:26 AM Reply   
what did you decide?
i'm thinking about getting an RX right now. The Tex looks sick but i can get an RX for almost half the price
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       11-21-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
im still riding the witness. I like it alot more now. I was looking at some of the ctrl stuff and I liked the RX because I rode the lidberg board once and liked it and heard the RX was very similar. However it only goes to a 140 and I need at least a 142, I ride the witness 144. If I do switch from the witness Ill probably get the harley 143 grind. I saw the 2012 watson classic, and wish they had a grind version. Those graphics are sweet!
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-21-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
Oh me too, its basically broken though. Its been a good board
Now i realize i can't find a 140 RX anywhere online
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-29-2011, 6:51 AM Reply   
i can give you a deal on my 2011 Watson Hybrid 139 if you are interested