Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
Any wakeworlders board here. I'm here now on business looking at the lake from my room at the Gayloard Resort. Not one boat on the lake and all I see is Glass. Makes me sick to see good water like go to waste. Any tips on where to Eat and what to see?
Thanks
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-11-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Must be an optical illusion, because G'vine is normally an ocean. On the rare occasion that there is glass you can be sure to find at least 3 fishermen camped out in the middle of the line.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
www.dallaswakeboarding.com
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-11-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
"Any tips on where to eat and what to see?"

If you're stuck at the Gaylord without a car, there are a couple of bars on Main St. in Grapevine. You can take the hotel shuttle there for free, it's only a few blocks away. There is the Tap In, Wilhoittes (SP?), and I think a new sports bar on E. Worth st, off of main St. Esparza's (also on E. Worth st.) has mediocre Mexican food, but their margaritas are pretty damn good (and strong).

There's always the Great Wolf Lodge across from the Gaylord if you're up for an indoor water park. If you want one of the best steaks in town you need not go any further than Old Hickory located inside the Gaylord. There's also Bob's Steak and Chop House located in Grapevine on Main St. as well as the Silver Fox on William D. Tate. All three are prime steak houses and you can expect to drop $100 per person. However, IMO Old Hickory is the better of the three.

For chain restaurants head into Grapevine around William D. Tate ave. and hwy 114/121. There is a Hooter, Outback, Bone daddy's (BBQ version of Hooters), Uncle Julio's (great mexican food), and many others.

If you have transportation then I suggest you head into Dallas for a bit better nightlife options. In that case I would post up on Dallas Wakeboarding to find out where to go. I'm old and married, so it's been a long time since I've been bar hopping in Dallas.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
Depending on how long you are in town there will be people riding on Thursday night on grapevine. There is normally a crew with http://www.wakeboardchurch.com
that ride every thursday. You may also be able to get a pull another day during the week if anyone else is getting out.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-11-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
I have a Car and looking to check out Dallas also. I will be here until Thursday. I just came back from the Texan Station and that place is nice with the HUGE Projection Screen and Lazyboy Chairs.