Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-25-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
its my first time on the cable, so if you see me id enjoy a few pointers on how it works.... ive got a red helmet and a blue oneill guru vest
Old    benj_t            12-25-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
ahhh dang man im gonna be there on thursday. haha its my first time on the cable too. cant wait man.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-25-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
swim fast when you crash
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-26-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nice Andy idk not to much harder than riding behind a boat just stay in between the corner markers and u'll be fine. Idk I’m staying away from there for I awhile bet its swamped with northerners lol no offence.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-26-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
hey man, we gotta get out fix somehow
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-26-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
I love it when people say "no offense" like it pardons them from making pretentious comments.

You know, no offense...
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-27-2007, 5:30 AM Reply   
Whats up Garret, you comin down again this winter?
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-27-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
cable is really no different than boat... but like andy said... swim fast when you crash cuz the next person is coming right after you haha....
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-27-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
Just to add to the "swim fast" thing... You need to take a quick but good look back before you move. Is anyone coming at you? Have they seen you? Are you just about to swim into their path? Is an empty handle just about to crack you on the head? Then quickly get your feet out of the bindings and swim away with your board.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-27-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
Don't run anyone over. The cable operators will answer all your questions if you tell them it's your first time. The big cable runs slower than the small one so you can try riding it first just to get your feet wet. You might want to bring a shorty with you as it's been a little cool lately. Not sure what the Friday forecast is yet.
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-27-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
oh and stay between the cones on the corners... to keep tention on the rope!
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-27-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
that was tension with an s...
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-27-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
Tension between the cones is the true difference between boat and cable. There is no wake "track" to follow, so you have to pay attention when the turn comes and where you need to be. I got worked on those turns! I'd ride boat over cable any day, but the sliders and kickers are fun and a nice change.
Maggie - did I meet you on Kats boat at Lake Weir? If so, how ya been? If not - how ya been...
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-27-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
it's not as bad as they're making it sound...you don't have to set an olympic speed record swimming out of the water. Just watch out for others...especially 8 year olds on kneeboards that have absolutely no control.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-27-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
Hey Ted!

Not sure if we are coming down or not this year. I am going on two snowboard trips over this break, so I'm not sure if the money will be there or not :-(

Anyway, if we do get down there, I will definitely give you a call. You still riding with Jenny and that insanely good kid?
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-28-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
Gerry Nunn will be going today with our neighbor. My brothers are in town, so if they want to shred the cabe, we might run out there.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-28-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
Take your cameras and camcorders please. Then post some pics and vids.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-28-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
Shaun, didn't you do a triple s-bend at the cable before? I vaguely remember seeing a video of you doing that a long time ago.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-28-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
just had my firts cable experience and it was amazing.... except i can barly move, and i need to go hop in the hot tub..... i didnt take the advice about staying between the bouys too seriously and ate it on my firts turn. other than that, it was awsome, and im definatly gonna come back.

my family is taking me to wet and wild water park tommarow, and they say they have a cable there..... has anyone rode it? does it have sliders?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-02-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Yep, but Ryan has been out of commision with a shoulder or knee injury