Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
ive been hittin the trampoline alot lately and trying raley's on it. i cant even come close so i was wondering if doing it on the tramp is anything like off the wake. any opinion would be awesome
thanks
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-02-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
boat is harder. Your moving forward with wind hitting you and have a board on your feet that weighs 20-25lbs
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-02-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
id think itd be easier behind the boat would be easier because you load the rope on behind the boat and how you pop lets you go back, on the trampoline you have to work your way up and back down.
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
ya thats what i would think. i was watching a video earlyer too and they edge all the way threw the wake and them some and get the line really loaded, and with the boat pulling you it mite be easier to pull back to land. but sam might be totaly right and he has very good logic behind his reasoning so thanks for the input guys.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
i think the tramp is easier, i have tried a couple raleys behind the boat and i couldnt stop my upward motion as easy (ended up doing a flip a couple times) but its probably just me
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
crap. well i guess i wont be pulling a raley anytime soon lol.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
Greg, did you look down or tuck your chin into your chest when you extended? I haven't done a raley behind a boat yet, but it seems that you might stop yourself from front flipping by looking up at the boat. Just a guess.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-02-2005, 9:42 PM Reply   
I think the Raley is one of the coolest looking tricks. I would love to have the balls to try one. Maybe if I got a bunch of hot chicks in the boat screaming Dano Dano Dano I would do it but until that happens I dont think so
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
j-rod - i dont know what i did, lol, it was one of those "ill do this if you do that" type of thing
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-02-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
I've tried a few times in the last couple weeks and I think I'm getting closer. The toe picks suck though!! J-Rod I've heard the same thing about looking at the boat. I think I'm gonna save that trick for summer when the water doesn't slap so hard. Dan P. did you ever make it to the Seattle area aound the 16/17th of Nov ? Never got a call from ya.
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
dan- lol ya that would be nice to have some hot women chanting your name. but if you ate shiat it would look pretty bad.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
Chris, if you have a edge to get about 10 to 15 in the flats you can do it. Its not a hard trick mostly you need to sack up and do it. Looks like your located in the bay area and you go to mclure. When your ready hit me up and I will spend a day with you. I have taught that trick to alot of friends.

Greg, the reason your doing the front flip is that your hanging out to long.

The main trick to the trick is count 1 , 2 when you get to two you want to break the handle over your knee. As you leave the wake you start the count. It happens so fast the when you count to 2 and you pull the handle down your still going up and once you pull the handle you stop the roataion and you come back down. The reason people get hurt and fall forward is that they hang out to long.

Another way to know when to pull it back in is as soon as you feel the rope snap or feel a hard tug is when you pull the handle back in.

Good luck its a fun trick and a (.)(.)shot trick.

Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2005, 10:15 PM Reply   
thanks alot squid. i cant get that far out yet but maybe soon. i will most defanently hit you up if you have no problem that im only 15 but i drop as much money on gas as i can and help out cleaning the boat and all that good stuff.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-03-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Chris, check the post "Raley Advice" dated 11-18-05. This thread may help a bit!

(Message edited by zuka666 on December 03, 2005)