Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-19-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
I had heard a rumor that a buddy of mine had started building his own wakesurf board out of wood...and yesterday I received an out-of-the-blue text message from him saying he was in town with 4 boards and wanted to know if I'd like to test them out? I couldn't say no!

These are really fun boards and he's still playing around with traction pads and fin configuration, but they are super nice to look at and fun to ride! They range from 6-7 lbs (hollow to help reduce weight), and have a layer of thin glass over the top. He said they made up of about 24 individual pieces sandwiched together, and they're made in New England (shaped in VT, glassed in MA).

I recommended he go with Agenda traction pads, so we'll be seeing that change coming soon. The boards ride surprising well, although they do have a tendency to pearl a little easier due to the difference in buoyancy. With that said, I'm a bit more of an aggressive rider (mainly ride my Inland Surfer Flyboy and KF Surf models), but would be great for beginner to intermediate riders!

I'll get some videos posted up but if you're looking for a custom, hand-crafted board that makes for a great discussion piece as well, I'd be happy to put you in touch with the guys! They are going to start custom-building for the public next Spring, according to my buddy.

Anyway, thought they were worthy enough for sharing here!
Attached Images