Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (nils_lars)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-04-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
I have seen threads where people said they have used a snowboard in the water for kicks but has anyone tried the opposite?

I was thinking about how it would be with a wakeboard or a snowboard being towed behind a snowmobile maybe with some kind of wedge on the front to plow the powder and make a nice little snow wake to jump back and forth I dunno probobly crazy dangerous my mind wanders sometimes :-)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-04-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
LOL.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-04-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Is it a full moon tonight? Between you and Chris wakeworld is going crazy!
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-04-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
When I worked at Sierra, we use to have a rope and a wakeboard handle attached to our work snomobile. When the Mt was closed we'd get towed behind the sled and ride the parks going uphill. We'd hit the rails and some of the small jumps hanging on to the rope.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-04-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
^haha thats awesome.

Ive seen some homemade kickers with a snowmobile pulling a snowboard with a rope, but his whole idea of "wedge on the front to plow the powder and make a nice little snow wake to jump" thing is a little nutty.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-04-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
I have taken the fin's off my old O'Brien skurfer and have used it for a sled...pretty fast
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-04-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
i know this is the opposite of what you're talking about, but thought you might enjoy it. this is a pic of the "lake" that forms every spring mid-mountain at Arapahoe Basin. Then people stage at the top of the hill and ski/ride through it. sorry for the poor quality - i used my camera phone to take a pic of a picture! Upload
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-04-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
P.S. Erik - i think that sounds like a blast - i would definitely give it a shot!
Old     (rippleeffect)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
It may be a full moon but it ain't that far-fetched, I've done it!

When I lived in the Twin Lakes area of southern Wisconsin (as an aside it is the same little town where Erick Ruck, Danny "Danno" Amir, and Anthony Monaco, all come from) we took our snowmobile out of the boathouse and had to pull all the water toys out of the way. We started by towing each other on snow skis over our kicker that got frozen into the lake (it was there we had to do it, right?). Then we progressed to a kneeboard (no steering whatsoever on snow) then to an old pair of trick skis, more fun, but no directional ability either, then to a wakeboard
( marginal steering without our feet attached properly- no bindings- similar to wakeskating) It was mostly funny for the stupidity of it all, but as our speed progressed (it always does right?) up to around 30MPH suddenly on a wide cutout to the side the horizontal pull of the rope on the sled (AKA snowmobile) caused the snowmobile, driver, and passenger all to flip very suddenly and smash the windshield (oops, it was a borrowed snowmobile) and the rider went careening off the frozen lake into some branches and bushes on the shore (one good move amidst the stupidity,we all had a helmets on, no injuries)

we were laughing 'til our sides hurt, right up until we found out the total damage to the borrowed snowmobile, $360.00. Great story but a little pricey at the time.

Like most stupid stunts, Sooner or later it had to be done!

TM
Old     (nils_lars)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-05-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
Haha ok thats sweet although im glad you guys all had safety gear on.

Im just glad to hear my idea wasnt too crazy although im sure its the kinda thing id get hurt trying.

I was just trying to envision some kinda snow equivelant to wakeboarding but its just a dream.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-05-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
tell ya what - every time i start a new job, i get a major injury w/in 3 mos. my current job it was the longboarding accident, the job before that it was my broken foot. i start my next new job on monday, which gives me thru the end of the year. i've never gotten to actually CHOOSE how i get injured ahead of time, so if i get a chance to try a wakeboard out on snow, i'll give it a shot and post my hospital pics for ya!!
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-02-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
Ya me and my friends have used everyting u can think on
Snowboard,skimboard, skateboards, even plywood lol
anyways ya stick with the wakeboard
Old     (redhawks123rd)      Join Date: May 2006       11-02-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old    fluffy            11-03-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
PuT Snowboard bindings on a roam and take it down a HILL!!! it works pretty good!