Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-20-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
I was hopeing that by now people would have the soundtrack for transgression, and Updog, I have the one for Push Process, and pehaps for DRIVE [unlikely]?

I'm trying to decide which movie to buy, and most of this depends on the music and the rest on the riders. I went into the Push Process Hype thread and everyone said buy that one, and I liked it because the teaser was insanely awesomely insane ... but then I watched Lyman's Section [It's on LF's Myspace] and it was a little disapointing. I went into the DRIVE hype thread and everyone said DRIVE, [duh...].

So here's the other question. Which movie should I buy, I've been itching to buy one. I usually just look at the teaser but they can be decieving. The last movie I bought was the Butter Effect so I'm prettty anxious. It's between Updog, Transgression, Push Process, DRIVE. But other suggestions are welcome.

Favorite Riders:
1. Chad Sharpe
2. Danny Harf
3. Randall Harris
4. Keith Lyman
5. Jimmy LaRiche

Favorite Music:
1. Sweatshop Union
2. Swollen Members
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-20-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
I like all those movies...tough decision...I would say Drive if you are looking for a hip hop soundtrack.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-20-2008, 11:40 PM Reply   
well, if that is your favorite music, just get Updog, because there have to be like 5 Swollen tracks in that movie.

However, I thought the music was better in PP. Its all personal taste though.
Old     (wakerider_dlt)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-21-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
I have PP and I really like it if you go on ebay you could get it cheap and new. I also like Updog and Transgression but if I had to pick one I would say Updog.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-21-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
If those are your favorite riders, get Drive. 4 out of 5 are in it. The 2nd most (Updog) only has 2.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-21-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
who has a compilation of all the movies you have?

I have BOOMBOX constantly playing in the boat. As well as many other video tracks. Start listing the movies and the tracks and we can possibly create something to pass around by mp3 by mail.

One person creates one then passes it to the next guy he adds his track listings, next guy and so on. Any interest?
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-21-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Updog has a great soundtrack - swolloen members, sweatshop union, slightly stoopid, ect. and i think that movie has the best riding out of the ones youre choosing from(but i havent seen drive) - i also like the small details in the editing(stuff goes with the music good)
- push process is also awesome, i didnt like keith lymans part as much as his part in updog, ummm, good music but i like updog's better
push process is more movie less riding than updog

- transgression is alittle to slow for me, but becasue of it i love randall, ("you ever bled black blood cause you were cut so deep")
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-21-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Does anyone know the track listing for updog? Can't find it anywhere...thanks
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
transgression is amazing... well worth to money.
Old     (toemas)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-21-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
how can you say lymans section was disappointing, it was so sick, his transfer onto that rail off the wake...absolutely insane and totally innovative, the more you watch it the more you appreciate it, he kills it in all his sections
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-21-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
push process is sooo sick good music and sick riding.. is drive even out
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
best video updog
all three have good music
best section Vandal; Transgretion absolutly the best video secion ever
never seen drive
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
thomas, because I expected more things just like it, I'm usually very impressed by kieth lyman, but It just seemed like there was a shortage of riding in the movie.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
push process was insane, the riding in transgression was good, but i didnt like the music at all, updog has like 3 swollen member songs, lymans section is pretty good in that
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
andrew adkinson, adam fields, chad sharpe. swollen members
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-21-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
i felt that there was a lack of good tricks in lyman's PP section. thats why i was alittle disappointed. just alot of big 180s and not alot of his cool ole tricks or sweet mobes. dont get me wrong, i like a big backside, poked out 180, but there werent many tricks that make you say "DAMN, that was sick!". just my opinion.
- but yeah, the wake to rail part was awesome. (idk if anyone watched through the credits, but it shows him trying to 360 onto that rail off the wake, but he never made it) big balls
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-21-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
and i love keith lyman.....
i know someone would get on here and say man y u hatin, but im not
just expressing my opinion of how that section doesnt show how good of a rider keith is
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-21-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
transgression and updog are both sick, i havent seen push process but lyman looks sick (i dont know how that dissapointed you) and i saw rathy's section and it was unreal.
updog has lots of swollen memebers and 1 sweatshop i think.
if your into hip hop, and music is a big deal dont buy transgression.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
Transgression. Love it.
I agree with Slipknot, Boombox is great..The best from Justin Stevens.
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
lyman in push process is way sick what are you talking about. that big held stalefish late bs 3? not sick? go watch it again
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 7:46 AM Reply   
Chill, doesnt float my boat, its called my opinion
we ve seen way better stuff from him, go watch updog
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-22-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
If you want a movie with good music, definitely go with Updog. That soundtrack is freakin awesome, and I loved the sections for Shapiro, Watson, Lyman, and Alberts. They were just all out awesome on that movie. Push Process is a pretty insane movie as well, and I love the riders in it, but I didn't think that much of the soundtrack. I've got all of those movies' soundtracks on my computer, and out of them all, Updog's is the best. If you really want to chill out while watching wakeboarding at some beautiful locations, pick up Transgression.

I agree about Boombox, it is awesome, and it's the first movie I had, and the first time that I watched Watson ride. The custom soundtrack by MyG is great, minus Space Age 2000... Can't stand that song...
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
id say Updog pumps me up the most to go ride! and i watch PP when im just chillin
Old     (paus21)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-22-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Beat Ronnie to it.
Updog track list........

Intro: Autobahn by Darin Shapiro

Lyman: Grind by Swollen Members

Alberts: Everything Automatic by First Wave Hello

Hansen: Don't Wait by Vaux

Watson: Try by Sweatshop Union

Shapiro: Healthy Amount of Self Loathing by First Wave Hello

Rattray: Massacre by Swollen Members

Malinoski/Sharpe: Free Ride by Catalonia

Ruck: Closer to the Sun by Slightly Stoopid

Weatherall: Are You With Me? by Vaux

Credits: Lay Down by First Wave Hello
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
swollen and sweatshop are getting kidna overused it seems like now
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
No no I'm not saying I don't like Lyman, even If I didn't I wouldn't say that on here! Im a huge fan of Lyman, but it seemed that in PP his section lacked substance. it seemed to be all filler.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-22-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
Even if Sweatshop is getting overused, Try is easily their best song, IMO... I love it. Updog has my favorite Watson section.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
Try is a great song, but I don't like the chorus. I like Close To Home or God Bless. I'd say the very best is Union Dues if it didn't say you probobly think im gay or whatever at the end.

I have 47 out of all 55 songs by sweatshop.

the thing about swolle members is they have a lot of stupid lyrics. a lot a lot.
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-23-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Who does the song that is in Randall's part(last part) in Transgression? Also, Hampson's part in PP? thanks in advance...
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Randalls song is by manchester orchestra
Old     (yorwakebordfrend)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
hampsons song is sleep now by ming&ping
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
I thought the song in Randall's Section was Temporary by Rogue Wave ?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-23-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
He has two sections, one at the beginning of his first ride back, and another at the end.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
His second section actually uses three songs. The second song is only a 30 second clip.

Dumb I Sound - Sufjan Stevens
Death is the Road to Awe - Clint Mansell
Where Have You Been? - Manchester Orchestra

His section was really long.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Daily Dose...I used to love that movie. Especially the part with Keith Kipp and Darin Rayzor.