Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (guitartguy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
We are going to San Antonio and Nacimiento this weekend through Tuesday. What kind of conditions can we expect?
Old     (guitartguy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
anybody?
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       09-23-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
I'll be at Naci this w/end also. Weather reports say high 80's/ low 90's , high 40's at nite. Lakes are low, but still plenty of water. I've gone around this same time the last few years and water conditions are generally pretty nice, as the summer crowds are gone.
Old    sl4ppy            09-23-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Up here in Dallas (well north of SA), it hasn't gotten anywhere CLOSE to 40's at night.

Just yesterday, the WATER temp was 83, and the nighttime low was over 65.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-23-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
sl4ppy ~ San Antonio is a like in Cali. Not the city in Texas.
Old    grampawakerider            10-03-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
This is probably a bit late, but I was at Lake SA a couple weeks ago. Water was warm and flat until around 3:00. During the week it should be better than that cuz around 3:00 is when all the tubers started showing up.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-03-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
Mark, is there any water left at SA? I was there for a week in june- the water dropped at least 5' while we were there. btw I think I drove by you on the 101 around goleta a few weeks ago, you had your old boat behind you.
Old    grampawakerider            10-04-2004, 5:35 PM Reply   
I haven't taken any boats south from Santa Maria. My old boat is my Bayliner? Still have it dammit. I stayed out of the coves and was fine. I didn't need to go in cuz the water was so flat. I made some video of it too, but the riding is just w2w's and carving so I keep it at home for "film study". From what I understand, June and July were ruthless to SA. You can barely fit two boats end to end on the docks now. (I launched at South Shore.) Basically we are now going to just stay close to home and go to Lopez teh rest of the year. Last year winter on Lopez was FUN. Nobody else around!!

(Message edited by grampawakerider on October 04, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-04-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
Mark, I'll see you at Lopez. We are out there throughout the Fall/Winter. We'll be on my friends Centurion V-Drive. If you ever see a CWB on the racks then I'm there, stop by & say hello.