Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-22-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
We've got Saturday's results with some surprises. Shapiro didn't make the finals (can't remember the last time that happened) along with Ruck and Josh Sanders. Lyman missed the cut too, but he got third in his heat and he's coming back from knee surgery, so that's a pretty strong placing.

Not making the cut in wakeskating was Brian Grubb. That's never happened before. He's been on the podium of every wakeskate event so far I believe. George Daniels didn't make it either after coming in second in Orlando. I was stoked to see Chase Gregory make the final. We'll have an interview with Chase up soon. He's a good guy!

Kevin Henshaw won his heat in Jr. Men's despite blowing his knew out while skateboarding on the Trip Across America. What a stud. :-) Also, cool to see Jimmy Wolf get into a final. I hope he makes it there on time this time! :-)

See it all at http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/wsm10.asp
Old    txwkbrdr06            05-22-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
I was also very surprised, especially about Grubb and Byerly. Happy to see Adkison and Santori doing well, and, of course, my fav always, Harf. :-)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-23-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
I was stoked to see Gerry Nunn! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!! Tom Conway called me yesterday and told me that Derek lost to Jimmy wolf by less than a point and that was because his hair got in his face (He has long flowing locks) Tom then informed me that Derek was getting a haircut RIGHT away!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-23-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
Is Danny Harf not freakin' amazing?

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=183&ImageID=162

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=183&ImageID=163
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2004, 8:36 PM Reply   
Yes.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-23-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
Brian Grubb is hurt - he has a herniated disk that's pressing against a nerve. He rode really well considering how much pain he was in. Keith Lyman rode really well in his first comp since knee surgery last fall.

Overall it was another great tournament but the wind did cause some problems. Conditions weren't terrible but it was anywhere from breezy to windy both days.
Old    warlock00            05-24-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
How bout Savannah Barber tearing it up in the wakeskate division Sat.??? Only rider in skate to slide the whole flatbar...to bad she didn't make it to the finals, cause only one person hit it Sunday.

Also Jeff Weatherall was ON sunday. If he would have landed the double up, he probably would have takin the tourney. Atleast in my mind.

Great weekend, and great event!!! Too bad the wind was blowing like 20mph all weekend. Although it did help keep the spectators cool.
Old    warlock00            05-24-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
Oh yeah and how bout Soven, and Eisenhauer's new tricks. Just sick to see in person...
Old    wakejunkeygirl            05-24-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
Congrats to Scott Hopkins..Jr. mens.
this kid is amazing!
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       05-24-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
What were the new tricks from Soven and Ike?
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-24-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
uh yeah...how about my boy Rhett Whatley taking second in junior mens, the kid is just charging it, and he just turned 16.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Here are some pics and a bonus pic of a celebrity photographer

http://www.wakepics.com/media.php?searchstr=user:3124&trick=Any&type=Any&t ime=1085426633&search=search&limit=10

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-24-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
"Froggy" Soven threw not one but 2 Whirly 7's....basically a Whirly 5 w/ a late handle pass making it a 7. Neither counted in his run though as they were both out of course.

Parks also tried a Whirly 7 with 2 overhead rotations but couldn't pull it out.

I was a little disappointed that nobody tried a 1080 but I guess winning the competition is a little more important.
Old    vance            05-24-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
Big congrats to Chase! Guess all my work driving the jetski for him is paying off! lol.
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-24-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
yeah froggys whirlydick is awesome!
Old    jdpritch89            05-26-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   
Rhett Whatley and Brett Lee representing Georgia!!