Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-13-2013, 6:38 AM Reply   
I haven't seen a thread on this in a while, and I'm in the market. And, begin.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-13-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
well since you haven't seen a thread on this in a while, and there was one 3 weeks ago ill use the search bar for you.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791198
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796961
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789126
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-13-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Easy there Simple J. I used the search bar, everything I found was from 2011 or before. I see your recent one. Thanks for the help, but the sarcasm isn't needed. I'm just trying to get hooked up with the nicest vest possible.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-13-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
sick of replying the same with the same comments every 5 weeks. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797574
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-13-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
I'm trying the new Hyperlite Team Royal vest today. I'll let you know what I think.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-13-2013, 3:21 PM Reply   
hey simplej, here's an idea....DON"T FREAKIN REPLY! Its not rocket science...just sayin....If your tired of replying to the same ol sh##, Don't reply.......
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-13-2013, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
hey simplej, here's an idea....DON"T FREAKIN REPLY! Its not rocket science...just sayin....If your tired of replying to the same ol sh##, Don't reply.......
gee, maybe id like to help out but don't feel like typing out the same exact recommendation in every single life vest thread. which i have, for the past several threads, everyone recommends both capella or murray, i explain the difference between the two because i see them every day and why my crew upgraded from their hyperlite side entries, some threads still fresh enough to revive.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-13-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
gee, maybe id like to help out but don't feel like typing out the same exact recommendation in every single life vest thread. which i have, for the past several threads, everyone recommends both capella or murray, i explain the difference between the two because i see them every day and why my crew upgraded from their hyperlite side entries, some threads still fresh enough to revive.
What are the differences?

Copy paste much, why you so mad bro?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-13-2013, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
why you so mad bro?
Monotony makes me ANGRY!

And the difference is in the size of the holes
Old     (livesideways)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-14-2013, 2:27 AM Reply   
Kind of a bit off topic but do all the cable parks require you to wear a CGA vest? I'm coming to the US in August (from Australia) and will be getting a board and jacket and hitting the cable parks and hopefully hitching a ride with some locals so just wondering if I will need to have an approved vest? There seem to be a lot more comp vests than approved ones on the stores websites
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       05-13-2013, 4:06 PM Reply   
I agree with Anthony. Sometimes people like to nerd out on wake gear. Reading old threads isn't quite the same as a semi live conversation.

As for CGAs. I tried on the LF Watson CGA and din't like it that much. Ended up going with the basic Hyperlite Indy. It fits well and does what it is supposed to do. I normally ride last years LF watson comp vest, but wanted a CGA for the days it is required (cable etc)
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-13-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
I'm a fan of the Phalanx Vertex CGA -> http://www.alliancewake.com/gear-gui...ts/?aw_pid=625
Got it halfway through last season and compared to my last neoprene vest (which was Seadoo brand) I found it to be a much better fit around my ribcage, with larger armholes and even a tad floatier....The only thing is that the straps seem to get twisted underneath their neoprene sheath/covering but that's just aesthetically annoying more than anything else.
Phalanx was having a sale on their site so I picked it up for 70 which was just under half of retail price before shipping.
Hope this helps ^_^
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-15-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
Capella is much more snug. Murray is loose with big arm holes. If you're a wider dude get the Murray, narrow shoulders get the Capella.
Old     (jkclay83)      Join Date: May 2011       05-17-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Guys,

I have a huge chest and I am trying to decide between these two vests.... I can't make up my mind and I am unable to try them on. Any insight?

http://www.amazon.com/ONeill-Revenge...ll+Revenge+CGA

http://www.amazon.com/JetPilot-Neopr.../dp/B004E0F7WI
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-17-2013, 8:38 AM Reply   
Not sure what "huge chest" entails, but I have a 46" chest and the Revenge CGA is awesome.
Old     (jkclay83)      Join Date: May 2011       05-17-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
Not sure what "huge chest" entails, but I have a 46" chest and the Revenge CGA is awesome.
46 is my chest size... So I may lean towards the revenge as I have always like my O'neill comp vest. The Jet Pilot would be a good bit cheaper so that is something to consider.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-17-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
Hyperlite Special Agent - great for wakeboarding, skiing - whatever. I ride cable and boat and it has been very comfortable.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-17-2013, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkclay83 View Post
46 is my chest size... So I may lean towards the revenge as I have always like my O'neill comp vest. The Jet Pilot would be a good bit cheaper so that is something to consider.
I think you'll be happy with the Revenge. It's my favorite out of everything I've ever had.
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-20-2013, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have the O'Neill Assault and love it. I bought it for days when I thought the cops might be out, but then I got used to the lumbar support and totally stopped using my other vests. I've tried several vests including the "Law" and own an O'Neill Vapor plus a few others.