Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-01-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
Some times I get them perfect, and other times, I straight up die. Like I feel soo much tention on the rope when I try to pass, and I go off axis and die. Got any tips on making the pass easier. Heres a pic of when I do it perfect, but even when I did this one, it was extremely hard to make the pass.
http://www.wakeboardnc.homestead.com/files/pictures/dane360seq.jpg

(Message edited by daneskates on May 01, 2003)
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-10-2003, 10:51 PM Reply   
Well, i find that it is best to need all the speed you need tward the wake and then turn it tward the boat pretending to jump into the seat backwards and look at yourself wakeboarding, this will allow some slack in the rope and start your spin, as far as grabbing the handel, HOLD ON! i have no idea, just grab it man, also passing it behind your back really helps if it does tighten up again.
Old     (hotlanta)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-16-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
Your pic looks good. The one recommendation I would make on the handle pass is to be sure you're initiating your rotation by turning your head AND pulling the handle towards your back with BOTH hands hard!! By pulling with both hands you can get that slack in the rope allowing you time to make the pass and also lets you get the handle closer in.

I'm just gettting them down too so take the advice for what it's worth.
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
Your leaning away quite alot so it will be harder to get the handle. Wait till your at the top before you spin. Hope this helps.
Old                07-01-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
Like Dan said, your line's too tight.

You gotta bring your arms in and yourself towards the boat as you're coming off the wake.
It looks like you're letting go of the handle while it's out and pulling it in with one hand. You want to get it to your hips with both hands then go for the pass.

Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-01-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
Jump first, then pull the handle to spin yourself. If your line gets too tight, it usually means you are trying to huck the spin and catch the handle as you go around. Instead, jump normally, then pull the handle to the small of your back and just look in the direction of your spin. That should get you consistent.
Old                07-03-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'd say bring your handle closer to your hip during take-off and even initiating the pass. It should be much easier to pass the handle around the small of your back if it is already at your hip level.
Old                07-03-2003, 11:58 AM Reply   
I'd say bring your handle closer to your hip during take-off and even initiating the pass. It should be much easier to pass the handle around the small of your back if it is already at your hip level. From looking at your picture, it seems like you are more "swiming" your arm around once you leave the wake as opposed to pulling it down to your left hip.
Old                07-03-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
Line tension is usually from too much cut...try to edge a little less on the wake. In other words, start a little harder and flatten out some. When I do 3's I completely flatten out. Now I have a question for you...how did you make that picture. I would love to make some of those of myself, but I have absolutely no idea how.