Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    supraboarder            05-18-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what you paid for your tower speaker boxes. I am looking for a box that holds 4 6X9's preferably fiberglass. I've seen some at www.wetbox.com holla.pimpdomain.com/index.html www.loudliquid.com and www.proflighttowers.com and www.tytebox.com but the only ones that show prices are the tyteboxes and I don't want to wait 6 weeks for them to be made. Anyone got any prices? or know anyone else that makes a box that holds 4 6X9's?
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-19-2004, 1:21 AM Reply   
I built my own box to hold 4 x 6x9s. took about a week of evenings to finish. Front and rear panels MDF with a glassfibre jacket around the whole lot (about 1/2" thick)
Its very strong and sounds sweet, best of all only cost about $200 all in with the speakers.

Shame I'm n the UK as I'd build you one!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2004, 2:10 AM Reply   
check out www.80feetout.com all fiberglass 4 6x9's and light. I love mine its the blue one on there website
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-19-2004, 5:38 AM Reply   
holla.pimpdomain.com/indes.html is now www.80feetout.com and there box ranges from 300 primed to 420 depending on how custom of a color you want to go. As Jeff said all fiberglass, light as can be, and still very strong. There finish is being done by a profesional body and paint man and is the best that I have seen bar none. The "CEO" is a random poster on here I'll see if I can't get him to answer the thread.

(Message edited by forwaken on May 19, 2004)
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-19-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
Check out www.80feetout.com as the others have said. Chad is right on with the prices. Price is right and I promise you that you won't be sorry with the quality of the box or the paint job. If you looking for a deal, there is an ebay auction running all the time that might help you pick one up at a discount. You can also pick up a set of clamps, made by Raul, that everyone is talking about.

Paul - www.80feetout.com
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-19-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
Oh and I forgot to mention one thing. Lead time is only a week so you won't have to wait too long. In fact I could even promise you a box by Memorial Day Weekend depending on where you live.

Paul - www.80feetout.com
Old    supraboarder            05-19-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
It would be shipped to Atlanta, what's the absolute earliest you could have it there?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-19-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
i think out of the places your looking, loudliquid would be the least expensive and could ship it out immediatly... The box is made out of plastics which work well. It sounds amazing and its lightweight for the tower, very durable. Call loudliquid and he can work you a deal.
Old    whitevlx            05-19-2004, 10:44 PM Reply   
Shawn,
I'm one of the owners of TyteBox, I can understand your frustration with a 6 week lead time. We put that note up to slow the orders down a bit. We're trying to get some inventory but we just can't keep up. It's just my buddy and I and we both have full time jobs, and I'm currently away on business. Anyway I'm pretty sure we can't make a box in time for Memorial but if we can be of any other assistance we would be glad to help you out.
Best regards,
Steve Autry
TyteBox Wake Products
Old    riderzedge04            06-14-2004, 11:23 PM Reply   
hey man if you did not get the box. E-mail me at richard@ yachts2k.com. I sell loudliquid I can see what I can do to help you out. I live about 20 min from there shop. And I am friend with the ower
Old    aircox            06-14-2004, 11:31 PM Reply   
What is a ower?