Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
Here are some pic's from our trip this weekend to Cherry Lake. What a beautiful place. Around 60 miles from our home Lake Tulloch. We were 1 of only 3 other boats we saw all weekend. All the other boats were fishing boats. The place was so awesome.
Very prestine. Clear clean water. No trash on the shore line or empty beer cans sunk in the water.
It was so nice to go some where so close to home that had the feel that it was still very clean and some what untouched. It's getting towards the end of the season and you could tell by the mountain air the place can get cold at night. We got the place pretty much to our self and the weather was perfit. I have never seen so many stars at night. The moon was gone and it seemed as if the stars were some sort of night light. We ended up camping on a Island in the middle of the lake. Dubbed "Fantsy Island". We had made our way around the lake during the day we had seen Bear tracks and other Critter tracks down by the waters edge, After seeing them we all were like
"Hey let's camp on the Island". LOL
Attached Images

Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-13-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
We were there Tues Wed and Thur after labor day and we were the ONLY boat on the whole lake....not even fishing boats....we were also only one of 3 in the campgrounds...we live local so it was a perfect trip...nothing like having an entire lake to yourself for three days! I just hope it stays a nice little secret!
Looks like you guys had a great time like we did!
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-13-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
What State is that in?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Lake

Looks like an awesome, secluded place. That would be a heck of a drive for me from Louisiana though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-13-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Looks absolutely awesome.
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-13-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
I have some aweseome pics from last week...it is truly breathtaking views....and pretty ridiculous to have an entire lake to ourselves for three days.....but I hope it stays that way!!....
for anyone who hasn't been ...the road is terrible never go! hahaha.....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
This is up river @ the inlet. There is some cool pool's to just chill in. No joke the Road into cherry lake is the crazy'st up and down twisty remote road I have ever been on. No cell service at all make sure your trailer is 100% and you have everything you could even need to get yourself out. I guess thats why no one go's as nice as it was the drive is the reason it stay's quite. You only have to go somewhere like this to see how much one person can impact the entire lake.
It was so quite you could hear people and voices from clear across the lake. I could only imagine what it would be like with a wake boat full of stereo and weight would do to the lake. We took the Pontoon boat and when a small fishing boat came by you could hear it for what seemed like forever and the small wakes would rock the boat and make quite a bit of noise against the shore. It realy made me think about how far sound go's in a quite place like this. I didn't want to spoil someones secrete spot. If anything I wanted to share what we came across and let people know to tread lightly. Try not to impact and spoil sutch a awesome place like this. Pack out every scrap of garbage you bring and if you see somthing don't be shy pick it up. Places like this are few and far between. Get out and see them and enjoy them we live in sutch a awesome place.
Attached Images

Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-13-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
grant......it is a perfect example of untouched beauty.....we went up river a bit one day and anchored the boat and hiked in....man it was awesome...One afternoon while boarding I was waiting for the boat to come back and get me and I looked onshore and saw a mountain lion just lapping up water from the shore...it was soooo cool!.
We are planning to do some boat in camping on the east shore soon. It is only an hour from our house so any okay day trip and nice break from our usual spot at Melones.
Camping was a bit chilly at night...got down into the low 40s high 30 s one night....we hiked down to the lake one night to watch the stars....and couldn't hear another soul.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by megsswm View Post
grant......it is a perfect example of untouched beauty.
From Wikipedia:
Cherry Lake is a artificial lake in the Stanislaus National Forest of Tuolumne County, California....and is formed by Cherry Valley Dam on Cherry Creek.

Ha!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
Jeff: Yea I guess that was a bad choice of words for a man made lake. What I ment to say is this place sucks. Stay away from Cherry lake. Im used to graffiti on rock's and beer can's in the lake, this place had none of that. I was bummed LOL
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-13-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Awesome spot. Thanks for sharing Grant. I'd love to get a trip together to that place for next year.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-13-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
Great photo's.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-13-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
I will Def. be taking a trip up there, it's about 5-6 hours from me, thanks for sharing.
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-13-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
I haven't been to Cherry Lake in over 12 years. If your up there check out Jaw bone falls, it's an amazing place. You can camp at the falls if you want too. Also if you hear of any meteor showers, go up there and watch. It's like the meteors are land around you. If I remember right there is a 4wd trail that starts right near the lake. Remember the whole area is old logging roads that will test your rig though.

http://www.brainygeography.com/featu...bonefalls.html

http://www.placenames.com/us/p261904/

Cheers,
DC