Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Hey So I was wondering if riding with full as aposed to half should it make it more rampy or curl the top of the wake, My buddies own a 2006 moomba LSV and always say that half is better but I look at our pics and the wake looks small and not rampy enough, help me out with some fact's please I wanna go big.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
50% or higher is going to cause the rear of the boat to ride higher, generally giving you a less steep slightly firmer wake.

Play around with the weight distribution and the wake plate from 0 to 25% you should be able to find something that works.

I find the wake best at 25% / 01 LS DD with about 1k of ballast.

(Message edited by eustace on June 15, 2007)
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
I second the 25% with ballast a few riders & sacs.

Going big= stay on your edge all the way through the top of the wake.
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys I understand the whole sit down all the way up the wake, but just was wanting more of a quater pipe style wake as aposed to a cheese wedge.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-15-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
I too like the wakeplate set at 25% away from all the way up. I always called that 3/4 up or 75%...but I think Eustace, Jerm and I are all saying the same thing. Most of my crew likes 50% though...they don't like getting 'bucked' at the lip.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
That hull is going to put out a more rampy wake then vert. Like Jerm said “work on your edging” if you don’t have buy it! Its ‘The Book’ it’s the best $100 bucks you’ll spend.
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-15-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
Man Im landing into the Flat's but Im not getting the air I want, and Yes I have the book, thanks for your concern. When I was watching the pro Tour though there so rampy, it looks dope I guess we gotta just get a nautique.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-15-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
well the pro tour is pulled by the mighty x...
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-16-2007, 4:34 AM Reply   
If you want a wake like a Nautique put the wakeplate at 0% and load the back of the boat, very vertical and hard lip. If you want a long ramp load the front of the boat and put the wakeplate at about 25%. Weight in the front of a LSV helps the wake get big and hard.