Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-27-2014, 11:02 AM Reply   
Ok so I have a 1995 SS that is converted to a SAN. I have 750s in the rear, guessing 400-600 in locker ( going to replace it), and the triangle bow sac up front. I have more ballast bags to use and move around but we are just not having any luck on a nice wave.

With one 750, a 440 behind driver, center full, and the triangle sac the wave is tall and big but not long at all. Does anyone have a long wave setup for the 210s or are we stuck close to the platform?

Thanks
Old     (Livesound)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-28-2014, 9:51 PM Reply   
I have a similar set up in a mc x-10 o1. I can get a huge wake but can't make it long. Of course the guy in his 2012 x25 has a mile
Long wake. And I can't afford a 125k boat. Any way interested in what you find out, how many hours on your SS?
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-29-2014, 5:00 AM Reply   
http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...h-a-06-San-210

I found this yesterday and I am going to give this a try this weekend if time permits. I am around 560-580 hours on my SS. Dont remember exactly. I sold my SN2001 and bought it last year. Havent surfed it alot due to not getting it dialed in and I am guessing I have a crappy board as well. The wakeboard wake is amazing though!
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2014, 6:12 AM Reply   
I have a 99 SAN (same hull as yours) and we usually run one 750 full, weight on that same side (bag or people), some of the belly full, and a smaller sac in the bow on the surf side. I think maybe you have to much weight. I would just try a bunch of different configurations and keep searching planet nautique.

Also, do you fill everything when wakeboarding? If so, any trouble getting on plane with both 750s full?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-29-2014, 6:43 AM Reply   
Connor I have a 99 as well and I run 750's in the rear, belly full, and anywhere from 400-1000 in the nose depending on people. No issues getting on plane. When I surf I run 750 full on the surf side, 400 on the floor directly in front of that (half the bad is on the seat, half on the floor), belly sac around 400/500lbs, usually put 1 or 2 people in the bow on the surf side, and 11mph. I like to keep the wheel slightly tilted to the side were surfing and that typically gives me a long nice wave. Just things to consider, my lake varies from 18-7ft and you can definitely tell when we hit the shallow spots becuase the wave washes out or gets really small. Keep a conscience eye on your depths that you're running in when surfing and very weighted.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-29-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
I run the 750s full, center full, and the triangle sac about half full for wakeboarding. Sometimes I do get a little stutter from 12-20 mph like the motor is hesitating but I think that is because I have a factory prop. I need to upgrade that next. We run 23 mph for most of us when wakeboarding. If I keep the 750s around 3/4 full I dont seem to have the hesitation.

Connor how much weight on the floor in front? What prop do you have?

Dave what prop are you running?
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
I pretty much run exactly what Dave said in regards to surfing. When boarding I run what you stated above but fill the triangle all the way up. Depending on how many peep I have in the boat I will not always fill the back 750s all the way. I am running the ACME 1578 now. I had the original OJ (I believe), dinged it up and switch to the ACME 644. Since switching to the 1578 it gets on plane much better than the 644 but I lost some top end (I never go over 30 mph anyway)...

Not trying to hijack the thread here but have a random question. Have y'all figured out a way to isolate each rear sac (ball valve or something like that) other than using the stock ball cock deals beside the drivers seat? I have one thru hull in the rear and want a way to fill up each sac and close them off completely (I use aerator pumps btw)... I feel like i am always losing water or gaining as I drive even if the stock ball cocks are closed
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2014, 7:55 AM Reply   
Also, Dave is right about lake depth. It seems like the deeper the lake, the better the wave... not sure where you ride but some food for thought
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-29-2014, 10:10 AM Reply   
maybe I am using to much weight then, I will have to play around with it more. I may look into that prop as well as I need one. I do not ever go over 30 either. I did not plumb mine as it was already done but I have one thru hull and a manifold like set up with the two rear areators coming off of it. The center sac is plumbed through a thru hull in the ski locker and I am going to do it similar to the rear. 2 pumps coming off of one thru hull. I do not have anything near my drivers seat. I do have a ball valve at each thru hull. The only way I lose water is if I over fill them and I have never noticed gaining any water as my hose runs up a couple of feet then comes down to the bag.

As far as depth I am almost always in 20+ feet of water.