Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-04-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
I thought all you MB and Malibu guys would get a kick out of the "god" analogy I really met Shane Stillman at the AWS Supra/Moomba booth today. Shane was the guy that worked at Malibu and then helped get a lot of people stoked on MB. I know a lot of the MB guys on here spoke very highly of him. He was a great guy and seems like a very valuable pick up for Skiers Choice. They also got Amy Mauzy from Malibu and she is awesome too.
I was a bit mixed on what new boat I was going to get this year (if any), but now it is looking like it will be a Supra.. Have not finalized anything, but I see good things for Skiers Choice. Hopefully we will get something finalized but I really wanted to share with the MB guys....
Maybe WakeWorld will now turn into a Supra forum instead of an MB forum. Ha ha.. totally kidding.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-04-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
Shane is a great guy. I got to know him pretty well on my MB build. Very solid pickup for SC.

SC is a much bigger company than MB so it will be interesting to see if he is allowed to have the same impact.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-05-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Wait - they got Amy Mauzy too?
She is awesome actually - like her a lot. When did that happen? She was a big wig at Malibu in PR not very long ago.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 02-05-2012 at 7:52 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-05-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Shane and Amy are both great. I would also be surprised if Shane will be able make the same impact that he had and could have had at MB.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-05-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
She moved over less than a year ago.Seems like it was last spring or summer?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Yeah Amy moved over first while Shane was at MB and then Shane went over. They are both stationed out of Merced, CA area and will work a bunch together.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-05-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
supposedly alot of people left malibu for Tige and SC... maybe someone can verify
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-05-2012, 6:24 PM Reply   
I heard Malibu has been loosing talent since the founder/president stepped down in 2009.

Good or bad, we will likely see effects from these changes in the coming years.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-05-2012, 6:53 PM Reply   
Good lord. Seriously? People move around in every industry for various reasons. How do you know other equally talented people haven't stepped into their shoes. Unless you know (which I do not) exactly what every individuals situation is, how can you process to speculate on why they did what they did and what impact, if any, it will have on the company they are going to or left. Sheesh.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-05-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
I mean "profess". Damn autocorrect.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-05-2012, 7:29 PM Reply   
I talked to Shane both via email and on the phone this summer. I was working as an intern at MasterCraft at the time and I gave him my thoughts on the F21 Tomcat after demoing one in Orlando. He listened to everything I had to say and at least acted like he cared what I thought (can't say the same for the guys at MC) I have even spotted a few of the suggestions I made come out on the production boats. Great guy and I wish him well.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-05-2012, 8:31 PM Reply   
I just think that it means things are changing. Not anything good/bad in particular
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-06-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
Does those two leaving bu have more to do with the CA factory closing and them not wanting to move to TN? That would be my first guess. I don't think too much should be read into this at all.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-06-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
Yeah guys this is kind of a joke if you did not read into the whole "god" thing. When I met him I told him all the wakeworlders thought he was god since there has been a lot of new support for the MB's on here over the last year. He got a chuckle out of it and he seemed to have really enjoyed working with all the guys on here on their MB builds. They did both come from Malibu in California and SC is going to let them work from California it sounds like. Sounds like a great opportunity for them to have that freedom and as discussed I think very valuable for Skiers Choice.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-06-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Good lord. Seriously? People move around in every industry for various reasons. How do you know other equally talented people haven't stepped into their shoes. Unless you know (which I do not) exactly what every individuals situation is, how can you process to speculate on why they did what they did and what impact, if any, it will have on the company they are going to or left. Sheesh.
For 4 years we watched you nutride Natique endlessly.

Now we have to do it with Malibu too? We get it - you pump the boats you buy.

Just stop. It's a good natured thread about the talent acquisition for SC. Don't have to make it about your boat or new allegiance to malibu
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me what Shane and Amy do? Are they product development people? Engineers? Designers? Customer service related?

I see a lot of positive comments, but I have never once seen a description of what these people do. As an engineer that has worked in a number of industries, I am curious.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-06-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Matt
Amy is marketing and that is her roots from Malibu
Shane has historically been a designer I believe and don't quote me on this, but I think he will be doing some of that as well as also supporting west coast dealers. I gathered that he and Amy will work pretty closely together since they are staying in Cali.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-06-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Shane is a product guy, Amy is Marketing.

Malibu still has the same Marketing leadership team in place, so I wouldn't expect a big impact with Amy's departure.

And Adam McCall who started on the Axis side I believe is now VP of Products for both lines. I know that he's influencing more than just the Axis line.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
Some related reading...

http://business.transworld.net/79768...-of-marketing/

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latest...the-team.html/

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1156688358
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-07-2012, 4:48 AM Reply   
CIE, you are correct. Jeff, panties in a wad much? Haha.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-07-2012, 5:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Can anyone tell me what Shane and Amy do? Are they product development people? Engineers? Designers? Customer service related?

I see a lot of positive comments, but I have never once seen a description of what these people do. As an engineer that has worked in a number of industries, I am curious.
Well I can only comment about Amy Mauzy. Amy is just a nice woman. I've dealt with her a few times while covering stories about Malibu - she's just good at her job. She's upbeat, helpful, knowledgeable. Pretty much exactly what someone needs to be like if they're going to succeed at their jobs in PR. She follows through and she's never an annoyance. Some PR people can be very irritating.