Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-19-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
I'm in the market for a wakesurf but don't know what to get. My boat is a 2005 Moomba Outback. For ballast I will be running a 700lb sack under the rear seat, a 300lb sack on the left side, and 450lbs in the bow. So I'll have just under 1500lbs of ballast in the boat. It should make a decent wake to surf on. I'm 200lbs and have never been on a wakesurf. I was looking at the trick boardz and liked them because it's a local company and I like to support the locals. I talked to a guy that has ridden them several times and said he would try something else because the trick boardz have a problem with the nose of the board digging into the water. Anyone have any experience with these? Also, all the other boards I looked at were way more expensive and I don't really care to drop $400 on a board. I would say $300 to 325 max. I have way too many things I need to buy for my boat to drop that much money on a board. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good board that will fit my needs and budget? I'll even buy a used board if the price is right.
Thanks