Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-31-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
I used this product for the first time recently, and I've noticed some bad browning spots on the moonbeam gray colored areas of my vinyl. Has anybody else experienced this? It's strange because I used it all over the boat but only see spots on the gray areas on the sunpad. Maybe some of these where there before and I couldn't see them as well because the vinyl was dirty, but I just don't understand how that could be the case. There are some spots on the white part as well, but not as bad...also on the sunpad. I havne't changed the oil or anything like that so I know it isn't anything that has spilled on it.

I'll try to get some pictures posted up soon and maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I'm a little bit concerned now.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-31-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
Does it go away after the sun hits it. On my sunpad were I have moonbean also, I get some brown spots when my cover is on but they go away after the sun hits it for a little while. It's only on that part of the boat.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Pics?
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-31-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
I had this issue before Exquisite. I think its where the cover touches the sundeck. Sure its not actually mildew?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-31-2009, 10:44 PM Reply   
Is you cover vented? We used to get them real bad on our Malibu. It got to the point it would look like leopard print when we first took off the cover. After being in the sun they would go away. Only happened where the cover touched the vinyl.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-31-2009, 11:27 PM Reply   
Its not the Exquisite.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-01-2009, 1:36 AM Reply   
I have that discoloration also from the cover. It goes away when the sun hits hit for a while.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-01-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Well, good to know! I hope you guys are right about the cover. I've used this same cover for years though and didn't get any spots until I tried the Equisite. Maybe it's just coincidence??

I'll monitor it and try to get it in the sun. Thank you all!
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-01-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   
Those brown spots are mold spots. I get them in my Malibu too. few hours in heavy sun will make them go away....
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Malibu cover for you.....I just recently replaced my cover with a new sunbrella one so hopefully that will alleviate the issue for me.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-01-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
My cover is actually a Rankin. That's what I don't get. I've used this same cover for 5 years on my boat with no spots at all. Then right after I used this new product I now have spots.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
My boat had a problem with the glue they used bleeding through the vinyl. It only did it on the grey due to it was more porus. It was a warranty issue and new covers were installed.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Jarret - that is strange then....no idea.
Old     (vlx4me)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-01-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Same thing here, we have had the back sunpad vinyl replaced under warranty. They said that it was a problem with pigment used in the grey vinyl. It always went away but always came back. We had adhesive issues as well but that was in the carpet.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-01-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
As my brother said earlier we have the exact same browning issue on the moonbeam section of the engine cover.

We also have small pin head sized blue dots showing up all over the white vinyl. First thought was mold, but we store the boat in a garage un covered and it is totally dry every time we return for the next outing. The garage is vented and gets hot, so I am assuming this is not mold especially since it will not go away with sun or cleaners. There were no dots at the beginning of the summer which further pushed the point of it not being a mold problem. The stitching is clean, most of the boats I have seen mold in tend to get the mold in the stitching and not on the vinyl itself.

We use Babes Products only and have a Malibu cover from the factory. I'll get pics this weekend and post since I have to send them to the dealer for them to review with Bu’s warranty department.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
^^^^ Spiders. It's spider crap! I get it all over mine.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-01-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
^^^^Blue spider crap?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
^^^ yep, lol...blue...dark blue.