Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2019, 9:45 AM Reply   
Ralph: What the heck? What’s going down in NZ?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-15-2019, 9:59 AM Reply   
If you think this is bad, wait till the mooslums respond
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2019, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Ralph: What the heck? What’s going down in NZ?
Heart breaking bro, deranged looser with nothing to live for and a heart full of hate kills 50 innocent people in a place of worship. Gun man was an Australian who flew here to do the hit but had on the ground support from some local drongo drop kicks. Hopefully they will be all rounded up and justice will be served.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2019, 12:47 PM Reply   
Yes this guys was a total deranged looser:
Guy flys from Oz to shoot and kill people in NZ in hopes a civil War will irrupt in the US?
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-15-2019, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Yes this guys was a total deranged looser:

Guy flys from Oz to shoot and kill people in NZ in hopes a civil War will irrupt in the US?


Exactly. He wants to be the next Gavrilo Princip. *******!!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-15-2019, 1:16 PM Reply   
Terrible news. Sorry to hear Ralph.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-15-2019, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Yes this guys was a total deranged looser:
Guy flys from Oz to shoot and kill people in NZ in hopes a civil War will irrupt in the US?
He was nuts. As all the moron in America that shoot stuff up. It isn't the guns. It's the mental health. I am curious what if any meds this guy was taking? I'm also curious why it's so taboo in the states to own up to the fact that every shooter was under someone's care taking psychoactive meds
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-15-2019, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
He was nuts. As all the moron in America that shoot stuff up. It isn't the guns. It's the mental health. I am curious what if any meds this guy was taking? I'm also curious why it's so taboo in the states to own up to the fact that every shooter was under someone's care taking psychoactive meds


Because it doesn’t suit the left’s narrative.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2019, 6:58 PM Reply   
Does New Zealand have the death penalty.
Here in lovely California our POS governor Gavin Newsom. Decided that the death penalty was racist so he’s using his governor powers to stop all executions and dismantle the death chamber here at San Quintin prison. Our governor Has to be the biggest effing retard. I hope he starts going to masks and praying
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2019, 9:13 PM Reply   
No mate, not for 70 years. Why would you want to execute someone with mental illness?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2019, 6:59 AM Reply   
I watched the full live stream he posted 16 mins long. This guy was a total A hole. If anyone needs the death penalty then here is your guy. I don’t care if he is mental. He is a disease on mankind. Mentally ill people that do stuff like this should be taken out he killed people just as good as any sain person could. I say if the find the guy mental just kill him. If he is not mental they should slowly torture and kill him. This guy is such a rotten human no normal person would want him breathing air
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-16-2019, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
Because it doesn’t suit the left’s narrative.
What "narrative" is that? If the NRA didn't have such strong lobbyists, the topic of guns would never be mentioned by politicians. You are just a pawn in their game. Mass gun control is a chicken-little tactic. It will never happen in the US.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2019, 8:25 AM Reply   
^^^^^ LOL at that Idea wake.
In my opinion, a Democrat run government wants to Nanny & take over all portions of your life. They don’t want law abiding citizens to be able to protect them selfs. They want everyone to depend on the government for their personal protection. Sure in a perfect world we would not need guns, but until then, if Democrats wanted “Gun Controll” they would build more Jails, And lock up and throw away the key on all the street thugs and Anyone black, white,yellow,or red who has or uses a gun in the commission of a crime, you would see gun crime drop. As soon as Roaches figured out carrying a gun when your not supposed to or using a gun in the wrong manner (robbing stealing general hood rattary ) was a one way ticket to a life in prison all the Dumb Asses would be gone, I’m sure you would see a Spike in knife crime like the UK has, but the upside IMO law abiding citizens would be able to carry and Roaches would then be “out gunned” we know what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2019, 8:32 AM Reply   
But I’m Sure stupid ass Liberial Democrats like Gavin Newsome would deem that kind of “gun controll“ RACIST. Hummm let’s think about that? The law doesn’t know or care what color or race you are, it only targets behavior. God forbid that you lock up to many people of a certain race or color because they happen to be committing a crime. The law theirfor must be racist. You Liberial Democrats are A plague on the United States
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-17-2019, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^^^ LOL at that Idea wake.
In my opinion, a Democrat run government wants to Nanny & take over all portions of your life. They don’t want law abiding citizens to be able to protect them selfs. They want everyone to depend on the government for their personal protection. Sure in a perfect world we would not need guns, but until then, if Democrats wanted “Gun Controll” they would build more Jails, And lock up and throw away the key on all the street thugs and Anyone black, white,yellow,or red who has or uses a gun in the commission of a crime, you would see gun crime drop. As soon as Roaches figured out carrying a gun when your not supposed to or using a gun in the wrong manner (robbing stealing general hood rattary ) was a one way ticket to a life in prison all the Dumb Asses would be gone, I’m sure you would see a Spike in knife crime like the UK has, but the upside IMO law abiding citizens would be able to carry and Roaches would then be “out gunned” we know what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight.
You cannot be serious. No party wants to "take over all portions of your life" more than Republicans.

Jails cost money. Think of that next time you are clamoring for another tax break.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-17-2019, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
You cannot be serious. No party wants to "take over all portions of your life" more than Republicans.



Jails cost money. Think of that next time you are clamoring for another tax break.


OMG, that has to be the most ridiculous comment I have ever read.

I guess you’re not paying attention to how your beloved Democratic Party is springing further and further left towards totalitarian government control of everything, starting with this ridiculous pile of excrement called the “Green New Deal”. You truly are either ignorant or just trolling with the statement you made.

Republicans have always been about less government.

wow....I can’t believe you even typed that pile of nonsense.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-17-2019, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
OMG, that has to be the most ridiculous comment I have ever read.

I guess you’re not paying attention to how your beloved Democratic Party is springing further and further left towards totalitarian government control of everything, starting with this ridiculous pile of excrement called the “Green New Deal”. You truly are either ignorant or just trolling with the statement you made.

Republicans have always been about less government.

wow....I can’t believe you even typed that pile of nonsense.
Maybe at one time, the "Republicans were about less government". Now, they want to tell women they cannot have a legal, medical procedure. They want to discriminate against Americans based on their sexuality. They want to designate Christianity as the national religion. They want to discriminate based on religious beliefs. I can keep going if I need to.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-21-2019, 11:27 PM Reply   
First of all these attacks are a terrible tragedy. Second its crazy that , peaceful, liberal new Zealand is the target of a terrorist attack. It really can happen anywhere. Next up the case study of what happens when good guys are kept from owning "bad guns". Not sure if nz is anything like the US but its illegal for felons to own guns here, and yet plenty are arrested with them and they didn't buy them at Dicks sporting goods....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2019, 12:54 AM Reply   
Yes it will be interesting, personally I think the gun laws here are about right without taking away semis and i don't think it will make us significantly safer but we don't have the second amendment here and no gun culture so it's easy for the government to do something and be seen to do something if you know what i mean.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-22-2019, 9:11 AM Reply   
Ok it’s time to Laugh at New Zelands PM

Dont worry folks New Zealand prime Minister to the rescue. They have NOW banned all guns that can hold more then 5 bulllets at one time. Ok now that this new law is in place, everything is fine No worry’s I’m sure this law will make sure somthing like this never happens again. Sorry but NZ is just as STUPID as california now.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2019, 11:01 AM Reply   
Well it appears that only 5 rounds would make it more difficult to kill 50 people.

I thought that shotguns were only allowed 3 rounds in the USA, but that may just be a hunting rule.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-22-2019, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What "narrative" is that? If the NRA didn't have such strong lobbyists, the topic of guns would never be mentioned by politicians. You are just a pawn in their game. Mass gun control is a chicken-little tactic. It will never happen in the US.
Happening in California
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-22-2019, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
No mate, not for 70 years. Why would you want to execute someone with mental illness?
The left wants to execute children with defects.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-22-2019, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Well it appears that only 5 rounds would make it more difficult to kill 50 people.

I thought that shotguns were only allowed 3 rounds in the USA, but that may just be a hunting rule.
Not really. You can replace a mag in 1 second. Look up the firing rate of British Soldiers with their 303 Infield rifles. Single shot rifles.

I think the point that you are missing, you can modify a gun to hold more rounds. The government trying to make it illegal only stops the people who are going to legally go shoot up a bunch of people. The people who want to illegally shoot up a group of people will not care about the bullet limit.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-22-2019, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Happening in California
Which one of CA's gun laws adversely affects your personal ownership of firearms?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-22-2019, 10:06 PM Reply   
^^^ Not sure if I wanna go down this rat hole with a compleate idiot. But since you asked.
Here is a example in california, you can buy a gun go threw all the legal means to own a firearm. And our law makers over night make laws
That make it so that,the very gun you bought 1 year ago is now deemed evil and you have to re register it and or modify it and make it lame or face fine or go to jail, because some total idiot that has zero clue about guns and how they work says so. They can turn legal gun owners into criminals with They laws they come up with.

Imagine this. You like wake boarding you buy a wake boat. Some idiot who should not even own a boat uses his wake boat to kill a bunch of people. How would you like the state to tell you you have to convert your wakeboard boat and how it works into a row boat. And if you don’t you will face fines or jail. And then say we didn’t take away your right to own a boat.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-23-2019, 4:37 AM Reply   
I see the lack of fact-driven discussion has migrated over to this thread lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Well it appears that only 5 rounds would make it more difficult to kill 50 people.

I thought that shotguns were only allowed 3 rounds in the USA, but that may just be a hunting rule.
It’s a hunting rule. And the guys will just change mags faster or carry multiple weapons (like the Columbine shooters). Why is it that everyone assumes someone who’s about to commit mass murder will bother to consult and abide by local gun laws? “Let me get the proper lower-capacity magazines before I go smokecheck everyone in this building.” I mean, come on.

I still remember Joe Biden’s advice on the shotgun. Hilarious. It’s actually one of the most dangerous defensive weapons there is. Buckshot carries more energy through drywall (is more lethal after it passes through it) than the “high powered” 5.56 and you have zero shot discrimination with the shotgun. It’s one of the most difficult firearms to use properly.

99% of legislators are completely ignorant on the topic. And yet we want them to make meaningful change for us. Buena suerte!

ETA: lol “fire 2 blasts” indiscriminately. A crime. Yep, Washington will save us.
https://youtu.be/wIuk3G9Xixc

Last edited by Matt0520; 03-23-2019 at 4:43 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2019, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^ Not sure if I wanna go down this rat hole with a compleate idiot. But since you asked.
Here is a example in california, you can buy a gun go threw all the legal means to own a firearm. And our law makers over night make laws
That make it so that,the very gun you bought 1 year ago is now deemed evil and you have to re register it and or modify it and make it lame or face fine or go to jail, because some total idiot that has zero clue about guns and how they work says so. They can turn legal gun owners into criminals with They laws they come up with.

Imagine this. You like wake boarding you buy a wake boat. Some idiot who should not even own a boat uses his wake boat to kill a bunch of people. How would you like the state to tell you you have to convert your wakeboard boat and how it works into a row boat. And if you don’t you will face fines or jail. And then say we didn’t take away your right to own a boat.
Looking at some of the laws that went into effect this year in CA, it seems like they are addressing your wakeboard boat analogy. I just don't understand why any sort of sensible legislation is viewed as government seizure of firearms.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-23-2019, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Looking at some of the laws that went into effect this year in CA, it seems like they are addressing your wakeboard boat analogy. I just don't understand why any sort of sensible legislation is viewed as government seizure of firearms.
Bc the majority of the legislation is not sensible. It’s to make the uneducated public feel nice, but it doesn’t make an impact because it’s misguided and doesn’t work towards addressing the core problem.

Last edited by Matt0520; 03-23-2019 at 4:48 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2019, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
I see the lack of fact-driven discussion has migrated over to this thread lol.



It’s a hunting rule. And the guys will just change mags faster or carry multiple weapons (like the Columbine shooters). Why is it that everyone assumes someone who’s about to commit mass murder will bother to consult and abide by local gun laws? “Let me get the proper lower-capacity magazines before I go smokecheck everyone in this building.” I mean, come on.

I still remember Joe Biden’s advice on the shotgun. Hilarious. It’s actually one of the most dangerous defensive weapons there is. Buckshot carries more energy through drywall (is more lethal after it passes through it) than the “high powered” 5.56 and you have zero shot discrimination with the shotgun. It’s one of the most difficult firearms to use properly.

99% of legislators are completely ignorant on the topic. And yet we want them to make meaningful change for us. Buena suerte!

ETA: lol “fire 2 blasts” indiscriminately. A crime. Yep, Washington will save us.
https://youtu.be/wIuk3G9Xixc
What "facts" are you trying to use to bolster your argument? That laws don't work? So let's just eliminate speed limits since people will speed anyway. Why have DUI laws since people are just going to drive drunk anyway? Why spend billions on a wall that we know people will find a way to go under/over/around it?

And while a mass shooter is likely to ignore any "local gun laws", is your advice that we should make it as easy as possible for the shooter to get their hands on a firearm? Because that seems to be the only "fact" you are bringing to the argument.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-23-2019, 4:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What "facts" are you trying to use to bolster your argument? That laws don't work? So let's just eliminate speed limits since people will speed anyway. Why have DUI laws since people are just going to drive drunk anyway? Why spend billions on a wall that we know people will find a way to go under/over/around it?



And while a mass shooter is likely to ignore any "local gun laws", is your advice that we should make it as easy as possible for the shooter to get their hands on a firearm? Because that seems to be the only "fact" you are bringing to the argument.

Good morning, great ‘straw man’ response. See the facts and questions I posted in the other thread that you didn’t bother responding to. Believe I posted my solutions to the problem there too. Even posted a study from UPenn’s Jerry Lee Center of Criminology on these these BS laws that I bet you didn’t read.

Since you’re not picking up something this simple let me draw it for you in crayon:

The laws we currently have are bull****

I’m all for laws that will actually change things in a measurable way

That won’t happen until we stop relying on mouth-breathing, uneducated politicians to put laws together that do nothing but make stupid people feel better
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2019, 4:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
Bc the majority of the legislation is not sensible. It’s to make the uneducated public feel nice, but it doesn’t make an impact because it’s misguided and doesn’t work towards addressing the core problem.
What legislation is 100% infallible?

Look, I own two firearms, I was raised in a home where firearm safety was emphasized. I believe in an American's right to own a firearm, but I believe we can exist as a country where citizens can own firearms and there can be sensible gun laws. The two are not mutually exclusive. I don't see the harm in civility.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-23-2019, 5:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What legislation is 100% infallible?
Lol that’s no excuse for having stupid puppets wasting time and dollars for zero impact.

Your Senator Feinstein is a perfect example.

What other “sensible” gun laws should be on the books?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2019, 5:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
Good morning, great ‘straw man’ response. See the facts and questions I posted in the other thread that you didn’t bother responding to. Believe I posted my solutions to the problem there too. Even posted a study from UPenn’s Jerry Lee Center of Criminology on these these BS laws that I bet you didn’t read.

Since you’re not picking up something this simple let me draw it for you in crayon:

The laws we currently have are bull****

I’m all for laws that will actually change things in a measurable way

That won’t happen until we stop relying on mouth-breathing, uneducated politicians to put laws together that do nothing but make stupid people feel better
No you aren't. You are only "all for" the laws that you view as nonrestrictive towards you personally.

There is no "straw man" in my response. Your argument was, why have any laws since a mass shooter is going to ignore those laws to begin with. I just applied your argument to countless other laws we have on the books.

CA just initiated a ban for anyone that has ever been committed to a mental institute against their will. What's your problem with that? CA just initiated a ban for people convicted of domestic abuse. What's your problem with that? Maybe you can respond in crayon.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2019, 5:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
Lol that’s no excuse for having stupid puppets wasting time and dollars for zero impact.

Your Senator Feinstein is a perfect example.

What other “sensible” gun laws should be on the books?
Like countless others pieces of legislation? Why are gun laws your only concern?
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-23-2019, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
No you aren't. You are only "all for" the laws that you view as nonrestrictive towards you personally.



There is no "straw man" in my response. Your argument was, why have any laws since a mass shooter is going to ignore those laws to begin with. I just applied your argument to countless other laws we have on the books.



CA just initiated a ban for anyone that has ever been committed to a mental institute against their will. What's your problem with that? CA just initiated a ban for people convicted of domestic abuse. What's your problem with that? Maybe you can respond in crayon.

Whatever you say! I’ve spent time plugging holes, trying to stabilize GS victims, being yelled at and spit on because we lost someone on-scene in front of their family. All because of these guns. Oh and lost friends too. But sure, I only care about keeping all my guns.

No my argument was, 100% of the “assault weapons” laws and most other gun laws are pointless. As supported by the ban analysis I posted in the other thread. And yes meaningless magazine capacities are going to be violated by everyone that illegally carries a gun and uses it in the commission of a crime. Wasn’t really a point, more just a common sense observation. So you were refuting a point I wasn’t making...hm sure sounds straw man-ish.

That’s fantastic. Thank them for their service. Maybe they’re finally done with the decades-old practice of drawing circles around scary-looking parts on weapons and passing toothless legislation based on their doodling.

Meaningful change only comes about when what I posted in the other thread happens. Urban environments are empowered from within, jobs are made more readily available, community policing is embraced and supported by both fronts, AND (most importantly) the handgun problem in urban areas is dealt with.

Last edited by Matt0520; 03-23-2019 at 5:19 AM.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-23-2019, 5:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Like countless others pieces of legislation? Why are gun laws your only concern?

Uh, because that’s the topic at hand sir. Again, awfully presumptive of you that this is my only concern because I’m...staying on topic?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2019, 5:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
Uh, because that’s the topic at hand sir. Again, awfully presumptive of you that this is my only concern because I’m...staying on topic?
I thought the "topic at hand" was that you are somehow a firearms expert because you own a few and you are an EMT?
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-23-2019, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I thought the "topic at hand" was that you are somehow a firearms expert because you own a few and you are an EMT?

As I said in the other thread, ownership doesn’t mean crap. Armorer certs are a whole different layer of experience with the hardware we’re talking about. That, experience with trauma, ballistics research, etc. I thought was an applicable background here.

Sorry if you feel my experience isn’t relevant or up to standards. I should’ve just lead with hysterics and emotion.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       03-23-2019, 6:08 PM Reply   
DID THE SHOOTING EVEN HAPPEN,,,MUST WATCH...
https://www.bitchute.com/video/VRRZI...ttplG3HY0IGsqM
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-24-2019, 5:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
As I said in the other thread, ownership doesn’t mean crap. Armorer certs are a whole different layer of experience with the hardware we’re talking about. That, experience with trauma, ballistics research, etc. I thought was an applicable background here.

Sorry if you feel my experience isn’t relevant or up to standards. I should’ve just lead with hysterics and emotion.
Where exactly does "ballistics research" fit into this conversation?

When have I used "hysterics and emotion" in any of my posts?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2019, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Ok it’s time to Laugh at New Zelands PM

Dont worry folks New Zealand prime Minister to the rescue. They have NOW banned all guns that can hold more then 5 bulllets at one time. Ok now that this new law is in place, everything is fine No worry’s I’m sure this law will make sure somthing like this never happens again. Sorry but NZ is just as STUPID as california now.
Actually the opposition party supported the new legislation too so it's almost every elected official you need to laugh at, and if you believe the polls 95% of people also, so probably a bit unfair to put it all on Arden's shoulders. FYI, I didn't vote for her and normally vote right (the opposition party)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-24-2019, 6:59 PM Reply   
Ralph: your countrymen are living in a fantasy world if they THINK a ban of 5 round guns are gonna fix anything. A law that takes away guns from Domestic abusers or violent criminals, or Mentaly I’ll or any one named Wake 77 or Fly 135 would do WAY more then any 5 Round ban. I’m just happy to know that even on the other side of the world you have stupid politicians that are as dumb as the ones we have here in Ca
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2019, 10:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Ralph: your countrymen are living in a fantasy world if they THINK a ban of 5 round guns are gonna fix anything. A law that takes away guns from Domestic abusers or violent criminals, or Mentaly I’ll or any one named Wake 77 or Fly 135 would do WAY more then any 5 Round ban. I’m just happy to know that even on the other side of the world you have stupid politicians that are as dumb as the ones we have here in Ca
We already have the law which prevents the mentally ill like W2W from owning guns. This is a step above that. Yes I agree I doubt it will make anyone safer but at the end of the day the overwhelming population want it and that's how democracy works.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-25-2019, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Where exactly does "ballistics research" fit into this conversation?
The fact you ask is concerning.

Obviously, the effects of bullets on targets and tissue (which is 'ballistics') should be a large component of the fact-based discussion on firearms and gun control, especially since GC diehards through around phrases like "high-powered" with reckless abandon.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-25-2019, 9:41 AM Reply   
Somebody got the moron Grunt going today.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-25-2019, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Somebody got the moron Grunt going today.
Yes, I see it's your first post in a few days. How are you, Moron Grunt? Spend your weekend staring at yourself in the mirror saying "you're not small, she has just has a big vagina"!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-25-2019, 11:38 AM Reply   
LOL @ Dumbat. Posts on here how he relates to my ex after I made him my b*tch.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-25-2019, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
If Democrats wanted “Gun Controll” they would build more Jails, And lock up and throw away the key on all the street thugs and Anyone black, white,yellow,or red who has or uses a gun in the commission of a crime, you would see gun crime drop. As soon as Roaches figured out carrying a gun when your not supposed to or using a gun in the wrong manner (robbing stealing general hood rattary ) was a one way ticket to a life in prison all the Dumb Asses would be gone, I’m sure you would see a Spike in knife crime like the UK has, but the upside IMO law abiding citizens would be able to carry and Roaches would then be “out gunned” we know what happens when you bring a knife to a gun fight.
I am pretty sure that criminals are Not allowed to have guns, laws already on the books, I have no problem with taking guns away from criminals or locking them up for life! I remember a documentary in Chicago, where the police could Not apprehend a criminal because they were out-gunned!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-25-2019, 2:29 PM Reply   
Here in California: if your Caught carrying a Gun, Even if it’s a Stolen Gun. And your caught carrying it, with no CCW lice, it’s a Cite & Releace crime. That’s right they take your stolen gun off you & hand you a ticket and you go home. I am not sure if it’s the same for Felons. I’m not sure if they get a ticket and get to go home. But where california stands, as long as the gun is NOT being used in the commission of a crime it’s considerd a NON Violent crime. And to keep the jails from not over flowing they don’t put criminals in jail that are caught doing Non Violent crime. In my opinion if your a felon and you should not have a gun on you, and if you do YOUR DONE! By by. No more 2-3-4 chance’s gone baby! You would see these idiots put down the guns.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-25-2019, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
LOL @ Dumbat. Posts on here how he relates to my ex after I made him my b*tch.
I know you're old, I know you're not the sharpest of tools, but if you think you made me your bitch you're senile as well.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2019, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Which one of CA's gun laws adversely affects your personal ownership of firearms?
Assault weapon. You have to basically modify the weapon to top load only by physical block. If you don't do this, it has to be registered as an assault weapon and I can not ever move it to anyone else.

They banned lead in many shooting areas.

They can not sell a new style pistol in California without several new features. Have to be able to show a round is chambered and other items.

Can not buy parts for AR platform from certain manufacturers.

They now require background checks for ammunition purchases. Ammo sellers also have a large amount of additional paperwork.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2019, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
We already have the law which prevents the mentally ill like W2W from owning guns. This is a step above that. Yes I agree I doubt it will make anyone safer but at the end of the day the overwhelming population want it and that's how democracy works.
We have what we call rights. That way mob rule does not take away your freedoms.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-26-2019, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
We have what we call rights. That way mob rule does not take away your freedoms.
If NZ had no problem with the new censorship laws in addition to the guns, they're hopeless.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-26-2019, 3:27 PM Reply   
They are being governed by a ex-mental patient with emotional issues. They are ****ed.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2019, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
We have what we call rights. That way mob rule does not take away your freedoms.
Oh, we have rights too, they just don't include owning automatic weapons. You should really be upset your rights are being infringed by the prevention of you owning tactical nukes and nerve gas, that mob has it out for you.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2019, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
They are being governed by a ex-mental patient with emotional issues. They are ****ed.
Arden's doesn't has any history of mental illness?
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-27-2019, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Oh, we have rights too, they just don't include owning automatic weapons. You should really be upset your rights are being infringed by the prevention of you owning tactical nukes and nerve gas, that mob has it out for you.
None of those are legal or easily accessible here. Really swinging for the fence with those extreme ‘examples’ lol.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2019, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
None of those are legal or easily accessible here. Really swinging for the fence with those extreme ‘examples’ lol.
I'm glad you got the joke. The point is what you can and can't own is arbitrary in both countries, it's just in NZ we are more conservative in this regard that the US, this is as much due to the cultural differences between us, we just don't have a gun culture here.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-27-2019, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Oh, we have rights too, they just don't include owning automatic weapons. You should really be upset your rights are being infringed by the prevention of you owning tactical nukes and nerve gas, that mob has it out for you.
This just shows me how ignorant you are on this topic. That guy did not use a single automatic weapon.

Actually with the proper licenses you can own nuclear material and nerve gas. You can also own automatic weapons if you have the proper license and money to buy. I have a feeling you guys do not have the right to free speech either.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-27-2019, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I'm glad you got the joke. The point is what you can and can't own is arbitrary in both countries, it's just in NZ we are more conservative in this regard that the US, this is as much due to the cultural differences between us, we just don't have a gun culture here.

True story, completely different countries with different missions when founded.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2019, 2:13 PM Reply   
Here in Ca. Gun laws are NOT meant ever take away anyone’s gun. Here in Ca the gun laws are constantly changing. So I’m totally 100% Serious when I say. The laws are meant to trip you up. I think they want to catch you with a Firearm that’s NOT Ca compliant so you become a Fellon and the y you have to give up your right to ever own a gun. See they didn’t take away your gun.

Yes it would help if we were having this discussion with people who A. Were for Gun Control and B. Knew about guns. More then 1/2 the time you end up Having a debate about guns with someone who says somthing so stupid like “It should be illegal to buy a automatic AR-15 at Walmart”
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-28-2019, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Here in Ca. Gun laws are NOT meant ever take away anyone’s gun. Here in Ca the gun laws are constantly changing. So I’m totally 100% Serious when I say. The laws are meant to trip you up. I think they want to catch you with a Firearm that’s NOT Ca compliant so you become a Fellon and the y you have to give up your right to ever own a gun. See they didn’t take away your gun.

Yes it would help if we were having this discussion with people who A. Were for Gun Control and B. Knew about guns. More then 1/2 the time you end up Having a debate about guns with someone who says somthing so stupid like “It should be illegal to buy a automatic AR-15 at Walmart”
You nailed it. The state has turned almost every AR series owner into a felon with this last law change. They think that after you buy a rifle that you are simply laying around looking to see what the state has passed behind their backs. What was legal before Dec 31 is now illegal. Vast majority have no idea the laws changed. That is why democrats are dirty and dangerous.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2019, 10:47 AM Reply   
^^^ Your 100% right^^^
What delta is talking about is this. And this is just 1 example. Here in Ca if you bought a AR last year (2018) and beyond from a store, and did all the back ground checks and filled out all the paper work to buy the gun 100% legal threw all the correct channels. If you bought this gun. Placed it in your gun safe, Never took it out or fired it. The gun that you bought legal & legit last year is now Illegal. And your NOW in possession of a illegal assault rifle. The time for you to Register it and give up more information and make it legal is OVER. You have 1 option. Convert the gun to a Fixed mag gun, and or Remove & Modify the gun to somthing complety different OR your a Criminal in possession of a Assault rifle.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-28-2019, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^ Your 100% right^^^
What delta is talking about is this. And this is just 1 example. Here in Ca if you bought a AR last year (2018) and beyond from a store, and did all the back ground checks and filled out all the paper work to buy the gun 100% legal threw all the correct channels. If you bought this gun. Placed it in your gun safe, Never took it out or fired it. The gun that you bought legal & legit last year is now Illegal. And your NOW in possession of a illegal assault rifle. The time for you to Register it and give up more information and make it legal is OVER. You have 1 option. Convert the gun to a Fixed mag gun, and or Remove & Modify the gun to somthing complety different OR your a Criminal in possession of a Assault rifle.
More importantly, this law is different than the federal guidelines.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-30-2019, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^ Your 100% right^^^
What delta is talking about is this. And this is just 1 example. Here in Ca if you bought a AR last year (2018) and beyond from a store, and did all the back ground checks and filled out all the paper work to buy the gun 100% legal threw all the correct channels. If you bought this gun. Placed it in your gun safe, Never took it out or fired it. The gun that you bought legal & legit last year is now Illegal. And your NOW in possession of a illegal assault rifle. The time for you to Register it and give up more information and make it legal is OVER. You have 1 option. Convert the gun to a Fixed mag gun, and or Remove & Modify the gun to somthing complety different OR your a Criminal in possession of a Assault rifle.
Since you are so passionate about the laws on AR-15's, why haven't you or Delta lashed out towards Trump and the DOJ about their ban on bump stocks?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2019, 9:25 AM Reply   
BumpStocks! Serously? BumpStocks are a Circus toy for retards. Taking them away or making them illegal has Zero effect on the 2nd & most importantly. It’s not taking away the guns original design. Example we bought our ARs for exactley how they work off the shelf. Single Shot, Detatachable Mag, ect. The bump stock is a “Add on” that makes the gun shoot faster. Most people are perfictly happy with how a standard AR works so taking somthing away that most people don’t care about and in my opinion makes the gun word AND could help deture what happens in LV most if not all gun owners are behind in my opinion.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-30-2019, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
BumpStocks! Serously? BumpStocks are a Circus toy for retards. Taking them away or making them illegal has Zero effect on the 2nd & most importantly. It’s not taking away the guns original design. Example we bought our ARs for exactley how they work off the shelf. Single Shot, Detatachable Mag, ect. The bump stock is a “Add on” that makes the gun shoot faster. Most people are perfictly happy with how a standard AR works so taking somthing away that most people don’t care about and in my opinion makes the gun word AND could help deture what happens in LV most if not all gun owners are behind in my opinion.

Yep.

Full auto is only a force multiplier when something like suppressive fire is needed.

Anyone that wants to implement any kind of target discrimination is fine with semi auto. This goes for everyone from a hobbyist up to soldiers overseas.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-30-2019, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Since you are so passionate about the laws on AR-15's, why haven't you or Delta lashed out towards Trump and the DOJ about their ban on bump stocks?
Why do I care about bump stocks? Even swat teams don't go in automatic. Better accuracy using single shot. Automatic fire is about suppression or masses of troops charging you. You really don't know much about weapons or the people who use them do you?

However if you want to go down the road of like for like. Back in 1776, one trigger pull killed as much of the population back then as killing 300 people with one trigger pull today. Maybe you are right. We should advocate for the same killing power per trigger pull as when the constitution was written. Full belt fed machine gun in every house!!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2019, 10:27 AM Reply   
Taking Bump Stocks away is like taking away “Fart Can” exhaust pipes for Ricer Cars. Normal people don’t care, Normal people don’t put that crap on their car or gun. Anyways have any of you heard of “binary trigger” they have 2 versions. Electronic or Manuall. Traditional trigger 1 pull of the Trigger= 1 Round. Binary Trigger = 1 trigger pull 1 Round. Let the trigger out = 1 more round so essentially it’s 2x as fast as a singer trigger pull and it’s 100% Legal.
https://youtu.be/kgxTiMp0P5I
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-01-2019, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Why do I care about bump stocks? Even swat teams don't go in automatic. Better accuracy using single shot. Automatic fire is about suppression or masses of troops charging you. You really don't know much about weapons or the people who use them do you?
The final report on the Pulse shooting in Orlando revealed the police fired over 180 shots. The perp was only shot 8 times. Seems like the people that use them know as much as an Empire Stormtrooper.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       04-01-2019, 9:27 AM Reply   
The sheep watched a wolf attack a sheep & kill it. The sheep realized it was the wolfs teeth that killed the sheep. The next day all the sheep got together to remove their own teeth.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-01-2019, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Why do I care about bump stocks? Even swat teams don't go in automatic. Better accuracy using single shot. Automatic fire is about suppression or masses of troops charging you. You really don't know much about weapons or the people who use them do you?

However if you want to go down the road of like for like. Back in 1776, one trigger pull killed as much of the population back then as killing 300 people with one trigger pull today. Maybe you are right. We should advocate for the same killing power per trigger pull as when the constitution was written. Full belt fed machine gun in every house!!!
Only that Trump has passed more anti-gun legislation than Obama.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-01-2019, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
BumpStocks! Serously? BumpStocks are a Circus toy for retards. Taking them away or making them illegal has Zero effect on the 2nd & most importantly. It’s not taking away the guns original design. Example we bought our ARs for exactley how they work off the shelf. Single Shot, Detatachable Mag, ect. The bump stock is a “Add on” that makes the gun shoot faster. Most people are perfictly happy with how a standard AR works so taking somthing away that most people don’t care about and in my opinion makes the gun word AND could help deture what happens in LV most if not all gun owners are behind in my opinion.
That's not true. The NRA lobbied hard against Trump's ban.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-02-2019, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
That's not true. The NRA lobbied hard against Trump's ban.
False
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-05-2019, 4:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
No mate, not for 70 years. Why would you want to execute someone with mental illness?
This is a very compelling argument against the death penalty if you believe the mentally ill are not responsible for their actions. I feel as though most all murderers are mentally ill, people with a healthy mental status do no commit murder so the mentally ill or insanity plea can be used for pretty much all murder cases. Now IMO this does not discount the person from the consequences of their actions. Murder is murder and I am a strong supporter of capital punishment. So much so that is they are guilty without a doubt (video evidence, ect) they should be taken out of the court room after the trial and have their sentence carried out immediately.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-05-2019, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
This is a very compelling argument against the death penalty if you believe the mentally ill are not responsible for their actions. I feel as though most all murderers are mentally ill, people with a healthy mental status do no commit murder so the mentally ill or insanity plea can be used for pretty much all murder cases. Now IMO this does not discount the person from the consequences of their actions. Murder is murder and I am a strong supporter of capital punishment. So much so that is they are guilty without a doubt (video evidence, ect) they should be taken out of the court room after the trial and have their sentence carried out immediately.


Seconded. A 22LR to the dome would save a lot of money and time.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-07-2019, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
False
False.

Proof:

https://www.apnews.com/c502e176975e4089bcfab98174936e53
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-11-2019, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
FALSE TO YOUR FALSE. DIRECT STATEMENT FROM THE NRA:

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-11-2019, 12:11 PM Reply   
The bumpstock ban is a farce as it defies the definition of a machine gun, yet they banned them calling them “machine guns” when their function does not fit the definition. Total BS and a slippery slope threatening the 2A.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us