Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mastertug16)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-15-2013, 10:33 PM Reply   
Just picked up a new to me super air nautique. Today while out on the water while cruising at a speed of around 25 mph water started coming up from the carpet. It was around the driver seat and where your feet are under the dash board. Has anyone encountered this or heard of something like this? I have no idea what could cause this and looking for some insight. Thank you!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2013, 10:43 PM Reply   
Most likey the heater coil has split. Water pumps up there from the motor when it's running. Don't panic is it is a easy fix
Old    kx250frider617            06-15-2013, 10:45 PM Reply   
Check your speedometer gauge. On the back is a rubber hose that may have become disconnected. The hose is connected to the the black water pick up at the back of the boat. Your speedometer reads the amount of water pressure and displays your speed.
Old     (Mastertug16)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-15-2013, 10:52 PM Reply   
Thanks for the fast responses! I tried to trace out the speedometer and I don't have any water pickups on the back of the boat. What is the best way to access the heater core to fix the problem? Thanks for the information. I've been searching online but cant find a lot of information!
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-16-2013, 4:52 AM Reply   
What year is your SAN?

To access the heater core, pull the kick panel in front of the driver's seat, it should be mounted there.

Also, check out Planetnautique.com

good luck
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
Probably the heater core behind the kick panel. Very common . There may be a shutoff valve near the engine block for a temporary fix. As mentioned what year San and what engine?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-16-2013, 9:16 AM Reply   
Heater core- previous owner prob didn't winterized it.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
The same thing happened to mine. You can put a union so the hoses bypass the heater itself for a quick fix until you get a new heater core.
Old     (Mastertug16)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-16-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
The SAN is a 2003. I took the foot panel off and the floor around the heater core is wet. That must be the problem. Thanks for all the help! I also ordered a new paddle wheel rebuild kit. The mph gauge is not working. Any other ideas what it could be besides the paddle wheel? Thank you!
Old     (onesickwake)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-17-2013, 6:26 AM Reply   
Yup same happened to mine. Not winterized.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-17-2013, 6:31 AM Reply   
I had one on my Malibu go .. even WITH winterizing it. When you see what those heater cores look like, it's not surprising. They're like soldered tinfoil.

The suggested fix of just joining the hoses is a good idea, unless you NEED a heater right now.