Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-01-2011, 7:31 AM Reply   
Got a very small wake to wake on my third attempt. May not be spectacular but I was delighted with it anyway. Can't wait to get back out now

Any pointers would be appreciated.

P.S. This only about my 7th time riding. Ever

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
congrats! thats a great feeling for all of us. have your driver trim the boat up (higher nose) and/or move everyone to the rear. the wake is very flat. allitle more lip would give you some more vertical pop.

btw amazing scenery and water. but it looks cold there!
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-01-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Thanks. The scenery is breathtaking at Loch Lomond . It doesn't actually look it in that video but it was pretty warm yesterday (For Scottishs standards anyway)

Last edited by Frozenwhite; 10-01-2011 at 7:58 AM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-01-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
No tips, but big props man! I remember how that felt
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-01-2011, 4:27 PM Reply   
Agree to trim up, or lengthen the line more... looks to be a bit short.
I recommend " The Book " series, or signing up for learn to wake even just for a month.
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-01-2011, 4:49 PM Reply   
Thanks guys
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-04-2011, 9:29 PM Reply   
your rope is too short. let the handle out while going wakespeed and measure it to where the clean wake meets the wash, and load that baby up with some people or ballast. If you think that was a thrill wait till you get a few feet of air and land wake to wake 15ft span. keep pushing yourself...your hooked now!
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-05-2011, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
your rope is too short. let the handle out while going wakespeed and measure it to where the clean wake meets the wash, and load that baby up with some people or ballast. If you think that was a thrill wait till you get a few feet of air and land wake to wake 15ft span. keep pushing yourself...your hooked now!
Thanks. I certainly am. I have been watching loads of tutorials and I am now just desperate to get out and work on it. unfortunately I live in Scotland and the weather has been terrible since the weekend so not had a chance. I go to Spain a week on Saturday so going to get some riding in. Looking forward to trying it without the need for a wetsuit
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-05-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
Sad I know but I had to GIF my first jump

Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-05-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
slow the boat down...
Old     (h2oben)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-05-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
Nice, work on standing tall at the top of the wake, and It'll improve! good job
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-07-2011, 4:26 PM Reply   
keep the handle low to your waist, and stand tall through the wake. You should get some pop doing these two things
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-08-2011, 4:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice guys. Desperate to get back out and try and get some pop