Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2011, 2:11 PM Reply   
I hope that this is a good fight. I have been a fan of both guys most of their pro careers. If I were to bet, I'd say the Pac Man will destroy Sugar Shane. I'd like to see a last round knock out and no controversy.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-07-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
shane has looked pretty average his last two fights. if he was coming off that destruction of Margarito that I had the pleasure of seeing, then I would say it would be a good fight. based on his last two fights though, I say Manny has him by a unanimous decision.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-07-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
i think pacquiao will win by unanimous decision. it will probably end up being a boring fight, like the pac-clottey fight. other than mayweather, i thought pacquiao's best challenge would've been andre berto, though berto had a crappy showing and getting his ass beat by victor ortiz.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-07-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Looking forward to this fight. I just don't see Pac losing.

Joe, cool to see you mention Victor Ortiz. That fight against Berto was pretty epic and lifts him up after that Maidana fight. Vic is a pretty cool guy, all wakeboarders should root for him. I had the privilege to meet him two years ago at Lake Naci and he was cool as heck. He's even a rider!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-07-2011, 8:17 PM Reply   
stephan, the ortiz-berto fight WAS epic! both fighters going down in 1 round??? nuts!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-08-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Ortiz is a hometown boy here. That was a good fight.
Last nights fight sounded like it sucked. Moseley sounded like he wanted to keep his rep of never getting stopped. It's too that Floyd is still ducking manny. Every month that goes by without them fighting, leads boxing fans to another Tyson vs. Holyfield disaster. Floyd will be in prison before he fights manny.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-08-2011, 11:33 AM Reply   
The pacman mayweather fight will probably happen, both out of there primes leading to a boring fight. You put them both in there prime Floyd comes out the winner imo. Can you imagine how good he could be if he didnt spend all his time being a clown.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Yawn.. Man boxing is boring. I totally appreciate the strategy and the quality of this level of a fight, but man is 12 rounds of this boring.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-09-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
12 rounds of a fight like this, is boring. I will take 6 to 12 rounds of a gatti v. Ward anyday over UFC.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-09-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Yawn.. Man boxing is boring. I totally appreciate the strategy and the quality of this level of a fight, but man is 12 rounds of this boring.
if you think boxing is boring, why did you click on a thread that you knew was about boxing?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
I like boxing and I really like the technical skills it takes, but I also like to see fights finished, even if it is 10 rounds in. I can same the same with MMA. 5 Rounds of a "safe" mma fight is boring. That's all. I want to see paq. go back to finishing fights. That's all. Not trying to start a boxing/mma war.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-10-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
I like boxing, been a huge fan for years. I just want to see fights finished, even if it takes 10 rounds. The same can be said for a 5 round "safe" mma fight. I am not trying to start a mma/boxing argument. I just want to see paquio go back to finishing fights is all. Same can be said for GSP in mma.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
yeah, i hear you buffalow, but it's not pacquiao's fault that fights are going the distance; his opponents keep running! btw, here's an interesting article on pacman; http://yhoo.it/iAQYSu