Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-20-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
So my first year boarding was last year, maybe boarded for 2 months last fall. After my first time i ran out and found a deal on a set-up, didnt wanna spend a bunch of money. I picked up a 2006 gator militant and bindings brand new on the cheap. Now that i've read numerous posts on here and other sites, it seems gator boards is either not very main stream (not that thats important to me) or are they just not very good quality boards?? I just never see them get brought up in discussion very often, if at all. Thinking about getting something newer, not that i really need it. But wanted some feedback as i was thinking about going with a newer gator.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-20-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
yeah man they're pretty good i think. They had class riders like Ricky Gonzales and Vandall but they just seemed to drift into the background i guess. Still if you're only starting out, the board doesn't really matter that much. When you start looking for a new board then do background checks on boards
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-20-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
i'm riding an 08 Legend 145 right now (with LF Watson bindings), pretty good board... that is until i get the Slingshot Response 145 w/ D2 bindings i recently ordered. i'm thinking of keeping my gator legend as a 2nd board though.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-20-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
I ride a gator board and have nothing bad to say about them.
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-22-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
Gator boards are fine! When you've got loads of brands, convincing stores to stock your gear is real easy- which is why you see Liquid Force etc everywhere as they, O'Brien & a few others are part of the same group.

Gator, like a lot of the smaller co's, just doesn't have the leverage over the stores, so there are fewer of them out there. Still great gear!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-22-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
Ridden GB since '04. Never had any issues. Nor have any of my numerous friends/contacts that I have turned on to GB.....
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Gator is the Bomb he and Byerly destroid riders in the mid 90's. I bought 08 Gator/Gator bindings best bindings I ever owned. I have never heard anything bad about them.

They are main stream just tucked away like a good bottle of wine.
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
i heard they will be back with new products come 2011, not sure though could be just a rumor.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-22-2010, 10:42 PM Reply   
it just seemed like a unheard of brand in any forum talk and never seen anyone from my area runnin their stuff. Sounds like their legit... thanks for the input, thoughts, and info...
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2010, 10:51 PM Reply   
it's true that the number of Gator users aren't as much as the other mainstream brands, even here in our local cable park, you can just count us using Gator, but they are what those who go big here prefer to use (other than SS).