Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-19-2009, 12:12 AM Reply   
Let me know what you guys think.I have a playlist that plays on random. Unfortunately I haven't got it so you can browse around and listen. It's more so for checking out what i'm listening to in case your interested. Also, made the whole site look a ton more professional and a lot cleaner.

http://nate-o.net

As far as the photos section goes, I decided that I'm just going to cycle really good shots I take and have 5 per page and have the newest always come first and cycling the photos back through sub pages. I didn't chop the photos up so for the most part your getting what I shot. At the very most I tweaked the photos in ADR by either giving them a vignette or linear exposure gradient or maybe softening or crispening up a shot. On the bawls energy drink one, I added the text, took some of the blue highlights off the table and that was it. Can you believe that shot was shot at ISO 1600. No noise filter applied or anything. Of course that was for my lighting class and we were in groups of four. So we got the lighting right on the money with a mixture of Kino and Tungsten lights.

If you want to check it out, there is a hilarious post I have in my blog with all three ad slogans and pictures we did as the campaign for our choice of product lighting....It's actually quite funny, and the pictures really came out well. That post can be found here:http://nate-o.net/?p=129

As far as videos, I'm working on some shorts right now, scripts are being written. I will post a short that I'm in and helped light as soon as the group who's making it releases it. I'm just getting through all these preliminary classes and things start to get juicy here at full sail starting next month. Of course I have really been enjoying lighting. I am so stoked for story telling which forces me to write scripts and Sound for film should be fun too. Anyways, keep an eye out for updates. Feel free to follow me on twitter or facebook.
-Nate

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on March 19, 2009)
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
rad site-i really dig the tag section. nice job man.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-20-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Thanks Ray!
I'm actually quite shocked that there aren't any more comments regardless of positive or negative.
-Nate
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-20-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
ya- i figured it'd be swamped with tags. sweet layout. the pics rock too. one of my co-workers who does some web design was sayin the layout rocks, and we were both diggin the pics. 1600 never looked so good.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-20-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
I like the tags as well. Looking good. Are the tags done with js?
How you liking classes so far? I have 3 months left and maybe less.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
looks good nate! the tags section's sweet.

i was considering going to full sail...but the family doesn't (at this point) want to move to orlando.