Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (wickie)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
i know its been done lots but i need to know a final answer. ive got a four day weekend and im planning on comitting the whole time to landing one or the other. i can spin the ration pretty close on both. wich one should i go for?
thanks
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
I am assuming you are meaning a heelside back roll or a toeside front roll for a "front flip" and a tantrum for a "back flip"

speaking in wakeboarding terms a front flip is a much harder trick to do, because the board is going end over end vs side to side. a front flip definitely should be saved for later.

I would try either a tantrum or a heelside backroll first. i personally did a heelside backroll first. though i listed the backroll as what you call a "front flip" it is not so much a front flip really. the quickest and most accurate way to describe a back roll (IN MY OPINION) is that you keep edging up the wake on a heelised jump... as if the wake was a giant tube or loop. it is not a trick you have to huck or generate a ton of speed for.

AGAIN, you will be going for either a TANTRUM or a BACK ROLL.

P.S. the tantrum is a laid out "back flip" on a heelside jump.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-14-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
what do you mean by backflip. there is no trick called a backflip in wakeboarding. also what do you mean by frontflip. there is such a trick but it would help if we knew what you were thinking about when you say backflip or frontflip. some help might include whether your hitting the wake heelside or toeside. what your rotation is similar to.
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-14-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
look at this..
http://www.wakeboarder.com/tricks/inverts.phtml
Old     (wickie)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
oh sorry bout that everyone ill definately try and be more clear. i was thinking of a heelside back roll as the nose of the board goes around like a cartwheel or a heelside frontflip like a raleigh that got pulled over. I hope that clears things up
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-14-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
Back Roll by those definitions... MUCH easier.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
^^^another vote for trying the Back roll first^^^

(Message edited by wakerider111 on August 14, 2008)
Old     (kyle_neumann)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-14-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
i say go for the tantrum first.. landings dont hurt when u commit. and it is really easy to spot. but thats just cuz i dislike backrolls since i ate crap for a while when learning them back then..
Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-15-2008, 12:12 AM Reply   
whow a raley pulled over????

Im thinking a tantrum to revert would best describe that.

(Message edited by dnannen on August 15, 2008)
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-15-2008, 4:42 AM Reply   
backroll
Old     (wickie)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-15-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
alright hope i can land at least one this weekend