Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    pilot_tallboy            04-14-2005, 3:07 AM Reply   
Hi i have been out of water sports for 3 years now and i am looking to get back in to it. I want to wakeboard and ski and so my problem is - I have been looking at 2 boats which one should i go for ? bayliner 175 xt 3litre 130 hp or bayliner 195 4.3 litre 210 hp efi ? your comments will be greatly appreciated . Oh yes i cant afford a proper ski boat i live in the uk and they are mega bucks here so is the fuel hence why 4.3 litre boat is a bit scary !!!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-14-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
Are they both outboards? Or i/o's?

You could get away with the 130, but chances are you would enjoy the 210 much more.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-14-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
I would look around for a different brand. Bayliners are not known for their craftmanship. If these are your only options, I would highly recommend the 210hp over the 130.
Old    utskier            04-14-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
Definitly the 210hp. A 130 hp bayliner wouldn't pull a greazy string out of a pigs butt. Like psudy said, bayliner is not one of the better brands out there. Search for JD Power and Accos. boat reviews for a good list of nice boats. Go older in a different brand instead of bayliner. My dad owned 5 Sea Rays and had good luck with all of them. If bayliner is the only option, definitly the 210 hp. It will run alot better not being under such a load the entire time. You will have a 130 hp full throttle, which will hurt on gas. Just my opinion.
Old    utskier            04-14-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Oh yea, looking at I/O boats, Mercruiser and Volvo Penta are the way to go as apposed to OMC Cobra. They are much more reliable in the lower unit.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey Gary, I live & ride in the UK and I guarantee there are a million better boats for boarding and skiing than those two bayliners. Are you on the coast or inland? Whereabouts will you ride?
Old    pilot_tallboy            04-14-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Hi live in glasagow ride lochlomond , a proper tournment boat is a bit out of my price range i just thought these 2 boats might of been ideal the 175 xt has a wake tower on it brand new boat and the 195 no wake tower is a 2002 model
Old    260searay            04-14-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
Check out some sea rays also. I have been around nothing but sea rays my entire life and they deffinately have really good quality.