Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    mklucas            02-18-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
I'll be moving to San Francisco (the city) in the next few months, and I am wondering where people up there are keeping/storing their boats. I've been thinking someplace on the delta, maybe 30-40 miles outside of the city. Is there a better closer place to keep a boat? I only want to have it in fresh water. Thank you
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-19-2005, 12:03 AM Reply   
I have a place right on the water where you can keep it. (What kind of boat is it?) Just be sure to keep the keys handy....you know, in case I have to move it out of the way or something.
Seriously, many places on the Delta or nearby lakes, or nearby to lakes. A search for boat storage within a specific county should prove productive.
Good luck
Old    walt            02-19-2005, 5:55 AM Reply   
I think Orwood has storage.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-19-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
6 month wait list at Orwood. Bethel Island has a couple storage facilities.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       02-19-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Yep,
I put my name on the list at Orwood back in Nov.
hopefully I will have a spot by June.

Merlin- Where do you plan on riding. If you are sticking to the Delta, then Orwood would be a great spot. If you plan on going to different lakes, then you might want to consider elsewhere.
Old    mklucas            02-20-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
As a general rule, I'll probably be riding the delta for my day trips. However, I also like to go out to Don Pedro, Shasta, Bullards, and others. Those others would be weekend or week long trips though. I know the lakes inland, but where is there to ride in the area? I figured the delta would be the best place to count on, as it is fairly close, and the riding is always great.

It's an '03 WS VLX, I have been living in L.A. for the last five years, but I'll be up there soon. I'll also need to meet some people and get a crew going. Thanks for all your help.