Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-31-2013, 11:15 AM Reply   
So I bought my first ski boat, its a 97 ski brendella that I use for wakeboarding. It has two speakers in the back, two up front under the windshield and a sub. The only problem is I can't hear it when I am wakeboarding. Do you have to have a tower with speakers pointed back to be able to hear it? Will my inboard speaker system not cut it?
Old    rullery            05-31-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
Sounds like you found your answer in your own question!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
Tower speaker are awesome, but a significant investment. Car audio divers are attractive for the price, but usually end up disappointing. Price out a Wetsounds unit. Not cheap, but the best way to do it.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-04-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
Well it has some good speakers in it currently and I just ordered a new deck. Not sure how big the amp is. I just really dont want to put a tower on the boat, it has an extended pylon. But it sounds like a tower with speakers is the only way to hear it...
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       06-04-2013, 1:58 PM Reply   
You need tower speakers if you want tunes while you wakeboard. Try to go for a set of HLCD...compression horns..they send a laser beam of sound right to you... definitely the way to go! If/when you sell your boat..you can move them.. If your worried about connections..then get a set of Neutrik Speakon connectors.. http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/

Oh yeah..your going to need an amp for sure!

I used to have the MB sport 1997 boss 190..solid boat...you may need a touch of weight beside the engine for a bigger wake...its kinda small!
good luck!
Old     (waketowerpro)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-05-2013, 7:54 PM Reply   
Another option is to surface mount some speakers on the top gunnel of your boat and point them to the back. We have some Exile HLCD speakers that can be mounted that way. They are pricey as others have mentioned, but worth the money if you want crystal clear sound to the rider and beyond.

If you are serious about wakeboarding, you will want to consider a tower anyways. It is much more enjoyable boarding behind a tower, less fatigue and quicker ups and more tricks.

Come take a browse at your options when you get a moment on our website. Need some advice, give me a shout.

Good luck,

Chuck McGuire
Waketower Pro
http://www.waketowerpro.com
Old     (PatVA)      Join Date: May 2013       06-05-2013, 9:17 PM Reply   
also dude, angle your speakers so they're not pointed Straight back (so you can better hear them while you destroy the wake itself and play in the flats)
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-07-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatVA View Post
also dude, angle your speakers so they're not pointed Straight back (so you can better hear them while you destroy the wake itself and play in the flats)
is the extended pylon not as high as a tower?