Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2011, 4:33 PM Reply   
I'm headed to Lake Oroville & Bullards Bar in two weeks, and am wondering how the conditions are. I'm mostly concerned about debris. Anybody with info? Thanks
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-30-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
Hoping to go to Bullards one day this weekend also. Says it's 100% full of water on the marina website.
Old    sperbet            06-30-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
I'd expect it to be cleared out by then. We were at bullards 2-3 weeks ago and there was a good amount of driftwood. It was manageable though, I've seen much worse.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-30-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
Was at bullards last weekend and it wasn't bad. As someone else told me, keep your head on a swivel and realize you will hit stuff (mostly small sticks and bark and leaves and junk like that). Gotta pay attention but you wouldn't cancel your trip over it. We actually got some really good water too.

Old     (02Suprassv)      Join Date: May 2010       06-30-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
Was out at oroville a week ago and the debris was horrible but they were suppose to be sweeping it again. I called today and the lady had no idea when it was swept last but said the debris was a lot better than last week. They did raise oroville over the weekend and then dropped it back down a foot so far to try and catch some if the debris on the shore. We are headed out there tomorrow so I will give you an update later this weekend. We have been launching out of lime saddle on the west branch so I have no clue how it is on the oroville side.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-01-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
I was there with Scott a couple weeks back. Just pre-run your ride area and keep an eye out. There is some big stuff, but it's definitely clearing. I'd bring a back-up prop if you've got one. Nothing worse than going to the lake and being stuck with a disabled boat. Perfect excuse to check out that new 5 blade OJ. Hehehehehe.

Have fun.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-01-2011, 9:13 PM Reply   
I was at Oroville today, The debris was a lot better, better than last friday but still worse than Bullards. Had an amazing butter run last friday up the river out of lime saddle, today... not so much, rollers everywhere. Went up to Featherfalls though it was pretty sick.

Bullards was awesome last week, not much debris at all, not compared to oroville. It was at tree level last season so all the bad debris was already dealt with last season. I'll be camping at Dark Day in two weeks as well, well be there with the yellow Malibu Vride and red/black/white supreme.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-07-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
I was just up there this past weekend. There is still some debri which is more of a nuisance than anything. I would say 10% of the remaining debri could actually do some damage to a boat.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2011, 2:39 PM Reply   
Spend the 4th of July weekend camping at Oroville and the debris was pretty bad when you got into the forks (where the only good water was). We chose to ride in the chop and save the boat. Lots of little stuff but there was still a bunch of 4-5 ft logs floating around.
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-07-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
I'll be up at Bullards July 15-19 always down to meet new people...

Leo
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'll be in the boat in my profile picture....
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-23-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Houseboating on Bullards July 25th - Aug 1st (Mon-Mon). Really looking forwad to this one. Usually at Shasta for this trip each year but after that well documented CIE trip last year and the highly recomended houseboat service / amenities we gotta try it.

Evan - Billy - we got xtra beer in case you can make it for a few.

Clete