Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
I have been wakesurfing so much this summer and it is so much fun. I keep trying new things, learning new tricks, and having a lot of fun with it.

yesterday I decided to ride my wood ocean/flatland skim board behind the boat. It is a Victoria Woody 38". It was soooo much fun! I was able to do a 360 on it. It was actually really fast. I'm 155lbs and normally ride a 51", but after riding the 38" board I think it would be fun to ride something like a 48". The small boards spin so much easier.

What have you guys been up to this summer? talk about what you have been doing to keep things exciting
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-29-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
well i forsure have not been out near as much i desire to (work). its been great riding the new IS flyboy. its amazing how much more confident of a rider i feel and i feel like my skill set is improving so much with it. it was also eye openig to see how much my other boards seemed to be holding me back. i cant wait to get a full season on it, especially since i just landed an original. what what.

me and my wife have really wanted to get a more diverse group out on the boat this year and just share with others how fun surfing is. im proud to say that ive taught 11 people how to surf and helped dial in 4 waves. its been a lot of fun. also i helped my wife perfect her driving.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-29-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
This had been a great year except I have not been able to be on the water as much as I would like, which is weird because I work for a tower accessory manufacturer... But on the other hand started to surf with my 3 yr old and he loves it, so much so he wanted to try to wakeboard.. First pull and he popped up now he says he needs a little board with little shoes..lol.. All in all been a great year but looking forward to next because it will be the winter to upgrade to a new boat and do everything that I wanted to do just not to my current boat
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-29-2011, 11:22 PM Reply   
Angie and I have had a great summer wakesurfing behind our MC X45. We feel like we have a great wake dialed in and we are having so much fun. We both ride brand new Soulcraft boards and this has made such a difference in our experience behind the boat. We have met many great people in the wakesurf community this year and we are encouraging everyone to come out to the events and join the fun.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2011, 2:32 AM Reply   
Having Jesse ride like the rest of the kids, just throw her the rope and she gets up, has been amazing for me. This is my favorite part of the season, we are done with all the major events and stuff for us and now we just go out and surf as a family. 2 afternoons a week we close the lake down and have a blast. Doesn't get old.
Old     (Jbort)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-30-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
We've had a blast this summer wake surfing and plan to keep going into Sept. Both Sue and I went wireless. Showed about dozen others folks how to wake surf. Our ten yr old now surfing like crazy after reluctance and he drives mom to get better wave w Dad in "big guy" seat. also Messed with the Gopro HD with more to come. Lots of fun.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-01-2011, 12:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
This is my favorite part of the season, we are done with all the major events and stuff for us and now we just go out and surf as a family.
You are planning on coming out to Worlds, right?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-01-2011, 8:17 AM Reply   
If I do come, it will be just as a spectator. Not sure, 50/50. I checked the weather a couple days ago, I think on Tuesday and it was like 115 and then I saw this:

http://www.parkerstrip.net/

It said outside temps was in the 120s. Last time we were in heat like that Amy almost died, wasn't pleasant. She was airlifted from Temple Bar Marina on Lake Mead to Las Vegas hospital. She and none of my kids do well in that heat. If the forecast a few days before is low 100s or less, then we will probably drive down, me and the "crew" sans Amy.
Old     (92Maristar)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-01-2011, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
Having Jesse ride like the rest of the kids, just throw her the rope and she gets up, has been amazing for me. This is my favorite part of the season, we are done with all the major events and stuff for us and now we just go out and surf as a family. 2 afternoons a week we close the lake down and have a blast. Doesn't get old.
Family, that's what it's all about!