Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bcoppinger)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-03-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Please explain why someone like Senator Boxer was reelected? Being from another part of the country I simply can not grasp the logic or thought behind this vote.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-03-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
Who knows. Florida just elected a guy for gov that was the CEO of Cigna healthcare when it commited massive medicare fraud and fined $1.7B. Claims he didn't know what was going on and wants to run Florida like the did Cigna.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
I was wondering the same thing.
California re-elected Pelosi and Boxer. While Nevada re-elected Reid. They have to be the three biggest idiots in politics.

It must be something in the water
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-03-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
The vast majority of californians are idiots.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-03-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
we are governed by the Terminator so u shouldn't be surprised!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-03-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Sometimes you have to chose between the lesser of two evils. It really sucks when you have to pick between two idiots and decide who is going to F&^# up less, even though we know no matter who we pick they are going to F#$% things up!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-03-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
Uh ya, what Robert said. If the Republicans had put anyone but that clinically insane nutjob Sharron Angle up Reid would be gone. Kinda like if McCain had picked a different running mate the presidency might look very different right now.

Boxer won because Fiorina was anti-abortion and pro-offshore drilling. Not real popular viewpoints here. And California didn't re-elect Pelosi, her district in SF did. I would have voted against her.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-03-2010, 9:01 AM Reply   
A better question is how in the world Massachusetts keeps electing that criminal piece of garbage known as Barney Frank???
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
You'd think there would be some correlation between the re-election of Boxer and Prop 19. It would have made sense to me if 19 passed.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-03-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
Lol 19 failed for the same reason Prop 8 passed. 19 would have passed if 18-25 year olds ever actually went out and voted.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-03-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Harry Reid, Barney Frank -- wow, I am going to puke just writing their names.
Old     (bcoppinger)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-03-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Wakeworld - I wondered the same thing, garbage is a nice thing to say about him.

Diamondad- I could not agree more.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       11-03-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
There are two Americans: the nuts on the west and east coats, and all the normal people between them. Harry Reid being the vermin exception due to corrupt labor unions and other Nevada nonsense.

Did prop 24 pass in Cali? When I was there last week it was pathetic listening to the adds supporting it.

Last edited by skull; 11-03-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-03-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
too many people talk, and then are too lazy to vote. I am not even sure what the voter turnout was. I am guessing under 40% of all registered voters?
the crappy thing is, people refuse to look at third party candidates. they treat them as a joke. people continually vote along party lines which is emabarrasing considering the far left and the far right keep sending people up to bat. moderates dont want either one, but most people treat a third party vote like a wasted vote and go with the lesser of two evils. if more people did some freaking research, they might actually find someone in the green, libertarian or other party that might actually be perfect for the job. sadly, Poizner would have been a better option for gov than whitman.
Old    SamIngram            11-03-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
If you want to "Change" things become a Precinct Committeeman. It's easy and can be fun too.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-03-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Yes Poizner>Whitman, no doubt. If he had gotten the nomination it might have been a different race. I voted for a couple 3rd party options this time around (didn't want to give my vote to Newsom).
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-03-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
I do believe that J. Brown was better then Whitman for Calif. , so i voted against party lines there.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-03-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Train if the election between Brown and Whitman wasn't so close I would definitely consider a third party canidate. Like Chelene Nightingale but who did we have to chose from?

Carlos Alvarez ...A gay 24 year old kid who thinks everybody should get everything for free and open boarders.

Jerry Brown....Not the best but atleast he has experiance in the position and understands how government works.

Dale Ogden... A guy who wants to fire every state employee, open all international borders and legalize Heroin!

Laura Wells... A green party canidate who thinks water is for fish not for wakeboarders. Wants to green the whole state. And wants the state to control all banking when they can't control there own finances.

Meg Whitman... Who spent a national record 174 million dollars to try buying the election and get a job that pays 174k a year so she could push her green energy agenda which she has invested in heavily and would stand to make billions if she can push it through.

Chelene Nightingale... Seems normal enough, while I don't agree with all her views she's probably the best of the bunch but with no support or name reconition there was no way she could ever win.

On election day i did chose to vote for Jerry Brown because i felt my vote would have more impact then if I voted for a third party canidate. I never vote party lines. I always vote based on who has the best ideas and ability to fullfill there ideas. Poizner would have been better then whitman but he wasn't on the ballot, you can blame the republican party for that who didn't support him in the republican primary.

Train I'd like to know who you voted for in the general election and why you chose to support them?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-03-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
not that it is any of your business, but I voted for nightingale. I agreed with her the most on key issues. I would have voted for Poizner though.
and I have zero issues with Meg Whitman using her own money to help fund her campaign. it beats being a whore to every union out there, right? that is what politicians do now. the rich get the votes. either by their own money, or by whoring out their votes for special interest groups.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-03-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
Train it looks like we had basically the same thoughts of who the best canidate for the job was out of the available choices I just chose to make my vote count and insure whitman didn't win. I know you'll take issue with me saying I chose to make my vote count instead of throwing it away on a canidate that had no chance of winning and we'll just have to respectfully disagree on whether I threw my vote away or if you did.

I would have given Poizner serious consideration and in all honesty I probably would have voted for him based on what I've read about him but he wasn't one of the choices in the General Election.

I appluad you for voting for the canidate you felt most strongly about even though you knew she had no chance of winning. This is one of the reasons I feel thankfull to live here. We can vote for whoever we want for whatever reason we want.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-04-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Train or Maliblue - Did either of you live through Jerry Brown's first 2 elections? He presided over the office at the beginning of when California began to take the steps towards their predicament today. When he became governor, the state was considered the gem of upcoming economies. California was considered the 5th largest economy in the world, and had a budget surplus.

Jerry Brown presided over the beginning of CARB, Tax increases that brought about Prop 13, Business regulations that have run manufacturing out of the state, and budget deficit spending. He wasn't alone to blame, but he did align himself with a legislature that has increasingly become a road block to fixing the issues facing the state. He and the legislature repeatedly cut the budgets for CalTrans and road repairs.

Until the Governor's office and the legislature are fixed in California, there will be re-districting and gerrymandering to keep the crooks in office. Brown II isn't a candidate I could have supported if I had stayed in California. Pat Brown did a good job, but the son has strayed from the father’s course.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-04-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
There are 2 million more dems voting in the state from what I am hearing
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-04-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
flack - I lived through it, but just as a youngster. my parents told me all about Brown though, and after reading his record, that was enough for me to not cast a vote his way.
I can appreciate your honesty robert, but if more people actually voted with their heart, changes could be made. how many people do you know who voted for the "lesser of two evils" in the past couple of elections? I know of at least a dozen friends who went that route.imagine the changes that could be made if everyone voting knew of at least 5-10 people who would vote third party if they thought it would make a difference?