Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (XChris1632X)      Join Date: May 2010       05-31-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
Ive been a lurker on this forum for awhile but I just registered. I have about 26k to spend on a boat and I am trying to figure the best one to buy. I have a small family and a lot a friends so what I am looking for is:

-Room for a group of people
-Tower
-Perfect pass
-Tower Speakers
-Ballast
-Less than 500 hours

I would like a v-drive for the room. I have been wakeboarding for about three years and I frequent behind an older 99 mobius with no weight and a 99 response that is weighted 1k and a wedge. These are the only boat I have really wakeboarded behind that matter. I can go wake to wake and thats about it. I want something that I can build my skills with but will be everything I want and need after I am doing inverts. I really wanted an older X-star but they are rather pricey. I am looking at a 02 x-10 that is optioned out for 26k. I have been leaning towards that but I figured I would ask the pros first. I dont ski but I want to use my boat to mainly board, knee board for those who want to, tube like crazy, and cruise the lake with the family. Mostly board though. What do you guys think. Is this x-10 what I should go for? And maybe some of you can tell me a little more about the x-10s.

Last edited by XChris1632X; 05-31-2010 at 6:40 PM.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-31-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/1767418221.html
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-31-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
buy what you want you have to pay for it. not the mastercraft,san,malibu.supra tige.epic,mb,centrion.mobius,axis owners.
Old     (XChris1632X)      Join Date: May 2010       05-31-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Right, but I want help trying to decide what it is that I want and reasons I would want them. If 10 people say that hey this boat has everything you want and why, and it happens to be in your price range then it helps me decide.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-31-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
i have wakeboarded behind correct craft , malibu, tige,mastercraft and cable . i like them all . the pros endorse all of the major boats .any boat can take you to the next level if properly weighted.i would think about a boat that can be worked on by a local marina if you don't do your own maintenence.boats like axis moomba tige and epic give you more bang for the buck. boats like mastercraft ,correct craft supra mb and malibu cost more because they advertise more.but they are all good boats.
Old     (XChris1632X)      Join Date: May 2010       05-31-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
I would buy a mobius in a heart beat if it had everything I wanted and can make the wake comparable to others. But my buddies weighted response kills the wake on our buddies stock mobius. I know they changed the hull in 02 i think it was, but I would just figure a designated wake boat would still be comparable to a ski boat that was weighted. I just want the most for my buck.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-31-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
a guy at my marina has a 06 mobius weighted and it makes a sick wake.i'm not familar with hull difference if any on older mobius.maybe some mobius owners can help.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-31-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
Go to the Classifieds on this site. A 2001 and 2002 X Star (almost your range, maybe a little negotiating to get to your price). One of the all time great wakes.
Old    ausbill32            05-31-2010, 9:23 PM Reply   
I picked up a used 2007 Moomba (Mobius) LSV for 28k back in Feb with only 80 hours. If you're in the 25k-30k range search google and oodle.com for some used 2006-2009 LSV's. They are a great boat. I've put 43 hours on it since March. I use to own a 2006 Supra 21v and I have to say, I like my LSV better.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-01-2010, 12:27 AM Reply   
moomba changed the hull in 2006. Pre 2006 unless you're an utter beginner i would not get a mobius. i was a beginner on got an 04, had only front ballast, no perfect pass. i rode behind that, 2004 Mastercraft X-10 and a 2003 Malibu VLX. after being on their boats i kept saying "i just wanna do everything over and start from scratch.

in 2006 they did a total overhaul of the mobius, longer, wider, deeper, plusher, just everything is better, it went from a "beginners" boat to a "pro wake" boat. now i've riden above, a 2006 X-Star, 2008 X-2, and 2005 Centurion. Besides the X-10 i prefer my wake much better.

now i notice you say "group of people" make sure you look up the width's of the boats (thats what i feel give more room) i know my moomba is very roomie, the XLV is huge, the supra's, malibu's and mastercrafts are all pretty roomie, i know that air nautique and centurion isnt that roomie.....

you cant really go wrong with many boats. Supra, Moomba, Mastercraft, Air Nautique, Malibu, all make great boats, as long as they have the options you want you should be great.
Old     (1niceharley)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-01-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Our Centurion is very roomy. It all depends on the model/series you get. I agree the width seems to make a huge difference on the roomy-ness of a boat. ours is 22ft long 100in beam Centurion Avalanche. Great boat, for the 23 hours we put on it so far this year, it cruises the rough water great and I like the wake for wakeboarding. Ours has a deep-v style hull that cuts throught the chop great. It is what I like, I am making the payments.

Best bet, find one in your price range and test drive it, Don't buy the first one you test, Test several boats. Pick the one YOU like best.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-01-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
I picked up a used '06 Supra 21V in March and got it down to $26k. I think it was a pretty rippin deal. It has 2,400lbs of ballast, upgraded stereo, PP, 200hrs. It was a little dirty, but after a little TLC it looks good. All I have done to it is put in the "wakeboard" prop and had to replace the glass in the center windshield. Also, I would like to replace the swivels for the boardracks. Everything else has been working and running great. I love the wake and all the space it provides.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-01-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
This is like asking someone to Pick you out a wife. Everyone has tried one that is their favorite, and will go to the grave insisting their recommendation is the BEST!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-01-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=mmobius2001;1591514]centurion isnt that roomie...../QUOTE]

For the most part, this is not a very true statement.

Enzo: 23 or 24ft long and 102inches wide
Avalanche: 22ft long and 100 inches wide
Typhoon: 23ft long and 100 inches wide
Falcon: 21ft long and 102 inches wide
Elite: 21.5 ft long and 93 inches wide

as for the original post, I would look at an older SAN 210 or X Star. You could also pick up a newer Surpa, Centurion, Sanger, etc. Reality is that there are a lot of nice boats with great wakes. I would test drive them all and see what you like. I would also decide whether or not you are going to try surfing, ski or any other sports because some of these boats are better and doing one or the other.

Good luck!
Old     (XChris1632X)      Join Date: May 2010       06-01-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
Anyone have any insight on an 02 x10? I would really like an x-star but they always seem to be more expensive with less options than other boats. This X10 i am looking at is full of options and 400 hours. I just want something I know is going to have great wake with plenty of options, not be too old, and hold its value.