Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-31-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
Who is riding this weekend? Lets get a list of riders with boats here - I will try from memory:

D.C. (John Deacy) MC X2 SS Sacked the f out!
Ridin Dirty (Duffy) Malibu VLX - Pimped the f out!
Jay MC SS X-Star - Big Blue Big Ass Battleship
Skubz - Ol Skool 2001 Nauti
Kevin - The Tige'!

I dont remember the rest, but I respect 'em all - post em up - represent!!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Me - Going to Key largo for the weekend. Ted I know you went down for lobstering, so if you wanna go down again I am leaving tonight around 6.

Duff - Getting his boat back this week.

Jay - Out of town for the weekend.

Skubs - ?????????

Kevin - ??????????
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-31-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
WHAT?? Man I just got back last night - why didnt you tell me you were going down, I would have just stayed down there! It should be a good time this weekend, but next weekend is the opening of regular lobster season and the Keys throw some good parties that weekend. Make sure you stop in at mile marker 100.5 at my parents place. Key Largo Conch House (across the street from the waffle house). My brothers will take care of you - they are going out tonight, give Jon a call - you met him when he was in Tampa
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
Yeah, sorry Ted. It has been up in the air all week and we just decided a minute before I made the post to actually take the trip. I will def stop at your parents place. What we are really doing since we missed the lobstering is just going to go down and gps a few spots and get some riding done hopefully. I am planning to launch from Pennekamp Park as it looks like the nicest launch. Any suggestions?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, need your brothers number as well. Either call or PM me with it.
Old     (futched84)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-31-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Hey all, Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm Michael, I'm 25 in Sep and in the USAF. I'm outta Orlando but stationed in Shreveport, LA. I come home 1-2x's a year and always looking for boarders to ride/chill with. I head to Tampa EVERYTIME as my boy is there with a yellow x-9 usually out at Tarpon... Just seeing if anyone has ppl up my way who rides and wouldn't mind having another in their crew. I ride an '08 Transend Plat with Vapor bind. I'm decent, since deployments ruin my MoJo quite frequently! Hit me up either her, by txt at 407-733-2668, or even email at michaelgfutch@yahoo.com. If anyone wants an intro to my boy with the x-9 also, hit me up! Refer any peeps my way to the "NW Louisiana" thread...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
Are you the one I ran into in the Gas Station last week. I was the one who was with the guy with the red/black X2. I have a saltwater X2 and ride in Tampa due to getting fed up with having to drive an hour to Tarpon. You are welcome to come out with us. I am heading down to the keys so will be out of town for the weekend but generally ride once or twice during the week as well as the weekends.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-31-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
I'm so stoked! we have so many riders in da hood! I can't even keep up anymore...

I'm thinking we all need to get together this fall for like a meet and greet and a good ole grass roots throw down. Take turns ridin behind different boats all that shiat!

Maybe late September or mid October, that should give people time to plan, plus that dude JB will be here with his Gravity Games XLV. We can all go to Clermont, Ocala or Winter haven. I'm good for any date except for the last weekend in September, and the first week of October. Let's all figure something out! My boat should also be done by then! LOL! Just kidding Fortes, I prefer quality over quanity anyday...
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-31-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
Ive seen that Yellow X2 at Tarpon - John and I saw it when we went out on Bay Area's blue and yellow X2...
Old     (futched84)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-31-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
Hey, you ran into our boy Jeremy at the "HESS" i believe... he told us he talked to you. The guy with the yellow X-9 is Jarod, who is in the Air Force as well. Jarod is my buddy who told me about this site and the one that I make the trip to Tampa to see. We were out last Sat. from about 11am-6pm. I am back at station in Louisiana until the end of Oct or Nov. But I'll ride anytime i'm in town for sure! I leave in Dec for Turkey for 15months, thought this site might help me find someone there that rides as well! Thanks for the invite... if you wanna hit me up by pm, and shoot me your digi's i'll save you in the phone and hit you up when i'm in town. I might have a honey that would wanna occupy a seat as well, would that be straight?

P.S. For those beef'n over Tarpon, i would have to say each is 50% correct. It's madd sweet early and late on weekends... (never ridden there during the day)... but from about 12-5 on weekends you have the gaybo's and their jetski's choppin it up like like they worked at Kobe's Steak House! That's pretty annoyin! I like to respect peoples lanes ya kno!

Who had the x-2 or x-star on tarpon Sat with the all black boat that had white accents kinda in a diamond pattern? there was a dude flimin and 2 younger kats ridin...
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-31-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
I'm totally up for a get together to meet every one. I'll be there Labor Day weekend w/ the Supra 24' Gravity Games :-)Keep me posted for sure!
Old     (futched84)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-31-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
If something gets organized, I'll catch a flight to Tampa for a special occasion! I'm not local but if there is anything I can do hit me up...

On a diff note. I'm fairly beginner/intermediate, I didn't take the time to learn switch and toeside right off the bat so, but I'm having issues passing the hadle on 360's and bs 180's... any help?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-01-2009, 4:51 AM Reply   
What's up Michael?, I believe we rode together about 3 years ago with Jarod on Tarpon. Thanks for the reminder, I need to give Jarod a call.

As far as riding. Scotty, Tony Prevatt and I hit up Lake Tarpon last night. We had awesome conditions. I'm headed out in a couple of minutes to ride with Steve R on his 96 Super Sport.

For the boats I know of in this area:

Steve R - 96 Super Sport
Bryan - Mastercraft X2
Tim - Wakesetter
Jarod - Mastercraft X9
Ryan - I'm not sure what boat he's rockin now, but I'm pretty sure you could hire he's dad for heli footage if you want.
Brian - 86 Ski Nauti 2001

It's all good John. It was cool to see you guys out there last Saturday, that is one sweet looking boat.

(Message edited by bflat53212 on August 01, 2009)
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       08-01-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
just getting looped in on tampa5.

Skubz - thx again for the pulls last night!
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-01-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
+1

Thanks Skubz, had fun with you and Scotty.

I will deff stomp the 3 next time.
Old     (themike)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-02-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
Hello all, I just moved down to Tampa from Jacksonville. I'm looking for a pull on the weekends, I work too much during the week, but sometimes I get get off around 4pm.

There is a cable park right near my house in Brandon, but I just don't see a cable being near as fun as a boat. You guys keep me posted, let me know when you are getting out, I've got gas money :-)
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-02-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Mike,

Welcome to Tampa! You should of posted yesterday... We went out all day yesterday.PM me with your number and I will get you hooked up with myself and possibly others. We are planning to go out Wednesday, you could meet us after work! I live in Lithia just outside of Brandon.
Old     (futched84)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-02-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
Skubz,

Scubba Steve is it? I think I remember slightly riding with you. I had just gotten back from Korea right?
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Where u riding at wednesday duffy? Got room for 1 more?
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
Question, unrelated to Thirds, but thanks to Duffy for making a scary post that is making me ask:

I work near Carillon in St Pete, and you all know how it was/kinda still is preserve. There is still a lot of wildlife there. I see otters, rabbits, softshell, snappers, and especially gators. There's been these two gators hanging 'round our pond lately, about 4ft long, and one of them is getting very ornery, for such a young guy. There are signs posted to not feed the gators, but everyone does it. People go out there to eat lunch and throw their food to the gators, fish, and turtles, so this guy is eating people food everyday. Not only that, but I think that people are tricking him, too. Giving him things that aren't food, throwing crap, poking him with sticks...regardless, he's becoming an as*hole. It doesn't seem to occur to anyone that he won't live in that tiny pond forever.

So what do I do? Can I call Animal Control? I wouldn't know who to talk to at work, the place is 4500 employees strong, and even if they did take him, there will always be another gator. I'm only posting this here because this could potentially affect all of us, so maybe it'll get read, and I'll get some suggestions from actual Floridians, not people who don't understand gators.

Or just blame Duffy.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I have met some of you through my working at Fortes.Only ridden with Skubz.Thing is I am really just learning to ride.I bought my boat late last season .She was abused by her previous owner and I have been slowly getting her back to snuff.I would be glad to have any of you guys out at any time i can use some coaching for sure. I love to get out and do what I can and enjoy watching people of all skill levels ride.Its all about being out on the water to me.My boat is located near lake seminole.Not the greatest lake but its easy to get to after work for a couple of hrs. of water time.So look forward to meeting the rest of you and getting out on the water.So if you got room for a newb Im great ballast and fun to watch crash!!

(Message edited by kko13 on August 02, 2009)
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
We're probably gonna be on the Hillsborough again Tony... Duffy killed it yesterday, stomped (sorta) his third ever attempt at a scarecrow:

Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
Rachel-
It is very illegal to feed Alligators in Florida, you can call the cops out and they can write fairly hefty tickets for it ($1500?). The gator is mostly likely already too accustomed to humans to be saved. There is a no relocation law in Florida, so when the trappers come out they will kill it, not relocated it.

The number to call to get it removed is 1-866-FWC-GATOR.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
How deep is the river where you ride? What ramp do you use?
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
I think it was about 13 feet... Not sure what the name of the ramp is, it's in the Temple Terrace area close to 40th street.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-02-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Wow small world! I sold scotty my DHV1 and talk to tony about mccormicks, didn't know you guys ride together!

I live in lakeland and head out to mccormicks about once a week. Don't get the chance to ride boat much anymore, last time was over a month ago

Let me know where you guys ride at and if you got room for another sometime
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
Haha Tom, I just met Scotty last week and I was like... I almost bought that same board off of wakeworld, and it turns out it was the EXACT board. Now that I saw it in person I wish I bought it lol
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2009, 6:10 AM Reply   
Lets get some boat pics / ride pics up here - local owners / riders represent man!
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-03-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Anyone planning on riding this week? I have tried to hook up with a few of you but no such luck. I would love to get back out.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
Rob- thanks for posting the Vid, although it does no justice for the size of my wake-LOL!

Rachel- the gators that are being fed may not be a problem now, but it's only a matter of time before they become a problem-

Kevin and Tony- I will call you guys before Wednesday to ride. The only problem, which is a good problem,I may not have enough room.

(Message edited by duffy on August 03, 2009)
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       08-03-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
Upload
Langston throwing a huge raley behind duffys boat.. crappy iphone pic.
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-03-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
As lame as it sounds, definately learned my lesson to wear a helmet even if I'm not going to ride rails. One foot came loose and when I landed and the board cracked me in the head pretty good. It knocked me out for a few seconds and I finished the last 15 minutes of my set. I guess it was worse that I thought and left a nice 3-4 inch gash with at least a 1/4 inch spead...ouch. Looks like I won't be riding for a couple weeks. Ordered a new helmet this morning...better late than never I guess.
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       08-03-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
Upload
Pic from Saturday, had to bring the tower down to cross under the bridge to get to the 'secret spot'...
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
Skudz

Upload
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-03-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-03-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Wow I missed a lot.

Michael - feel free to Pm me when your in town and I will gladly take you out.

Steve - You missed a couple There is another Brian on Tarpon now with a red/white X-star. There is also that guy who bought Tim's (wetsounds) boat.

Duffy - I am in for Wednesday. if we get enough people I can bring my boat too if necessary.

Ted - Maaaaaaaaan. I think I am going to make the keys a monthly trip although it is quite an expensive trip between gas and drinking alone although we did a bunch of dumb touristy stuff so thats why the drinking cost so much. We had a great time hanging with your brother as well and the food at your families restaurant was great. I am def up for going down for Labor day so lets start planing.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Sounds good to me! Im glad you had fun - did you get any riding in down there? It can be done cheaper - believe that, or I would never go! Did you meet Chester and get to see him ride - dude is SIC!

Im in for Wednesday too.

Pics are looking good man - keep em coming!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-03-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
lol...hey Jerrod, thanks for the post. I really need to get that trick back. It used to be solid.

Yeah, John there is a bunch of guys out there now. There is the guy with the wetsounds boat, a couple different new Tige's, a guy with an X-45 and the guy and girl in the Blue X2.

Michael, yep that was me. I remember watching video of you riding in Korea at Jerods place one day.

Don't feel bad JB, lots of guys are rockin the helmets fulltime these days. You do what you got to do to keep riding.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Change in Plans!

I had something come up for Wednesday, so we can ride tomorrow and/or Thursday. So Let me know!

DEE CEE I'm going to check that other ramp on the Hills next time out.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Im in for tomorrow Duff. What time are you heading out there?
We can check that ramp and either way we can most likely ride my boat on thurs.

Ted, Chester is a sick rider. Only problem is we did not get out till way later than I wanted too so we rode in some heavy chop but Chester still killed it. I will show you the pics next time I see you.
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       08-03-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
I can't go tomorrow Duffy, but I'd be down for Thursday. I've got a couple of contractors coming out to give me some estimates tomorrow.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Jon should have been able to show you some places that stay glass - even in the crappiest weather. My guess would be he had to work...

"Change of Plans" - Ha of course, Duff only bailed because I could actually make it wednesday. Douche.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
Couple of pics. Me:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Chester:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
Jon: He got the worst of the water so was not able to throw anything. Just going w2w was a nightmare by the time he rode.

Upload
Upload
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
Steve
Upload
me
Upload
Upload
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
Jerrod - What boat are you guys riding behind? That wake look huge.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
Wow! Those are great pics - I know exactly where you guys rode. Very cool!!
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
Jay,
Those are mostly behind Steve's '96 super sport. He has the ballast pretty dailed in.

The middle picture of the doubleup is behind a friend's VLX.

(Message edited by hypedrider7 on August 03, 2009)
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
Ah. Shoulda known. His wake is monstrous.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2009, 5:41 PM Reply   
We are riding at 2ish tomorrow on the Hillsborough River.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
Cool. Just call me and I will come meet you.
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       08-03-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
Steve - I am down to ride Wednesday if you want.

Duffy - If you have room Thursday let me know what time and lake.
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       08-04-2009, 12:47 AM Reply   
Tony, I remember when you txtd me after you wiped out at McCormick's. You should be proud of "Biggest Wipeout In McCormick's History" I still wish someone had gotten a pic of that. :-)
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       08-04-2009, 12:48 AM Reply   
I don't have any pics!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-04-2009, 4:19 AM Reply   
I can make it Thursday...
(wait for it....)
Old     (mtnsmith)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
My Tige 22v at Three Rooker with my friend's 20' Chris Craft. We mostly ride out in the ICW, but occasionally hit up Tarpon or Harris Chain. Sorry for the crappy quality.Upload
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-04-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
Where is Three Rooker?
Old     (mtnsmith)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
The gulf, between Honeymoon Island and Anclote Key. It is technically a sand bar, as you can see in the pic not much there. There is a north half and south halfm the party place to back in and anchor is the north end of the south half. We were there till sunset in the shot above, everybody tends to clear out about an hour before sunset, just a few boats stay till dark, we almost always do.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-04-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Sounds like my kinda place!
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-04-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Skudz
Upload

Upload
Surfin
Upload
Upload
Old     (taitrt)      Join Date: May 2009       08-04-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
I've never tried to do this before, but it turned out pretty cool... this is Duffy trying a backroll to revert.

It's just my cell phone video so it's kinda low res, but still cool.

Upload
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-04-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
Any pointers? I keep over rotating and landing on my heels instead of my toes. One thing I notice, is I'm letting the rope get away from my body.

Thanks Rob! It was a good day...
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-04-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
You definitely need to keep the handle down and in throughout your approach thru mid trick. It is your speed control to slow down the landing by letting the handle out from your body a bit. You want take an easy progressive edge thru the wake and feel like you are going to under rotate. Takes about half to 3/4 of the effort compared to a w2w backroll. This will naturally make you land over your toes and bent at the waist forward onto your toes until you get the feel of it. And it should help prevent the board from coming around too early and sliding out from underneath you.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-04-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Thanks man!

BTW, did you guys steal my boat and go wake surfing?

(Message edited by duffy on August 04, 2009)
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Hahahahaha. thats why I had asked you if you had ever had lights on your boat.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Good call on the wakesurf wake. That is behind an '04 vlx
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-06-2009, 5:34 AM Reply   
Nice pictures Jerrod. Damn, that is a nice wall of water you got in that last pic. The 2nd pic posted on the 4th is just down right ridiculous hangtime. If you want to ride sometime, just let me know. I know Steve is unavailable this weekend.

Duffy nice work on the crow and R2R, Jerrod has some of the nicest ones I have seen, nice and poppy on both tricks, so he knows what he is talking about. We should ride some time.

jaybee, you riding this weekend?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-06-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Thanks Skubz-

Haven't stuck the R2R yet but close-
Crows are gettin there, stuck a couple-

I definitely want to ride with everyone it helps to gain style and progress.

I think it would be fun to get everyone together, last time out on the HBR I put in at another ramp. You dont have to go under the bridge and put your tower down. It does get a little busy on weekends but still good compared to a lake at mid day w/wind and boat traffic.

It's also ideal because people can just roll up at any time and you don't have to go far to pick'em up.

Let's try to get a few boats out there next Saturday the 15th and do it up! I know Dee Cee said he would bring his.

Dee Cee,

BTW are you riding tonight? I'm going to the Chiro at 3:30, couldn't change it. So I could ride around 4:30 or so if you guys are still out.

O.K. guys I'm givin up the secret spot, here is the link for the location. I just marked it, anyone can manipulate the map to get directions. If you look at it, you will see the main parking lot only has room for about 5-6 truck and trailers. But if you look in front of the building there is a lot out front and a grass area to park as well.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=np21h183yynw&style =o&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=32484055&sp=Point.n p218t83yyg5_Boat%20Ramp%20HBR_%22%20The%20Secret%2 0Spot%20%22%20%0AHillsborough%20River%20near%2040t h%20street%20bridge___&encType=1
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-06-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Any chance anyone is going out today or tomorrow and has room for one more? I am good for gas, beer, whatevs. My number is 704-728-9706.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-06-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
I was going out today, but lost my rider. Would you be up for riding Tarpon tomorrow late afternoon? I see you are at DI, maybe John will be riding. I can give you a call tonight.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
Skubz thanx for the tug. Sorry my knee was hurting so bad i forgot to help latch the boat down.I remembered when i got to the car and when i drove back over you had it done.by the time i got home i couldnt bend my leg at all. I almost could not get out of bed this morning.I tuffed it out and it got a little better thank god.I thought for sure i tore something up bad.But the more i used it the loser it got and the better it felt.All in all I still had a great time getting booted by the ole 2001 for sure.My first time behind one of those it was a hoot and i look forward to trying it again.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
Steve - We actually went out to "the spot" yesterday. I think I am going to make it my permanent spot to ride as it is only an extra 10 min ride than to DI and stays glass all day. I am most likely going out tomorrow so if you wanna make the trek to Tampa let me know.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-07-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
Kevin, no worries, it takes me 2 minutes to put the strap on the boat. Sorry about the knee. How's the head feeling? You definitely took a couple of nice slams.

John - I would be up for riding tomorrow if you got the room. I think I can paddle across the bay.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
Head is good,knee is getting better. Let me know about sunday the 16 if you guys want to try and get out.we will take the ladies out and you can show off and i will show them how to get worked by the wake and laugh about it.
Old     (mtnsmith)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2009, 8:46 PM Reply   
So is the "secret spot" a business you pay to launch at? I was thinking of using the ramp a little to the east and north someday after work, but then the bridge is in the way. I live in largo and work in tampa and was thinking of just dragging the boat to work and heading out afterwords, I am done at 3:30.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
There is an actual hole in the wall you put your money in. It's based on the good ole honor system. I think it use to be some kind of business but not anymore. It's only 4$. There is another ramp at Riverhills park east like you mentioned but you have to drop your tower. If you do decide to head over after work let me know and if possible I will meet you there.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-10-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
If anybody wants to ride, any day this week, let me know. I have a boat and can pull or willing to be a 2nd/3rd.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-11-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
I am also willing to be a third. Ready to ride! After I got the itch last week I have been itchin to get back out there.