Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-12-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
So can some one tell me the real deal with Vail lake, i have heard all different stories for its current status and its future plans, so if any one knows please gimme the scoop. Thanks
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-12-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
what do you want to know?
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-12-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
i don't really know, i have jsut heard that it is private and gonna go public, that it isn't prublic blah blah blah. So i wanna know the real deal, and if private what are the rules for other boats that aren't partt of the lake, like is it like canyon or what. And if public, does it cost, what are the rates, all of that good stuff. SO if you know, hook a brother up. thanks again
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-12-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
they are in a legal battle, and should be settled soon. like in a month or so. that is what I heard

new membership is closed until the legal troubles have been resolved. You will hear about when the case has been settled.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-12-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
It is private. It will never be a public lake Because of all the lifetime memberships they have sold.
The Lawsuit is over and they are selling annual memberships for $1200 yr.
The water level is down 30 feet and if you dont have a 4WD dont even think about launching a boat.
They are not getting any new water pumped in until next year so the water will continue to drop about 6" a week like it has been all summer. By september the water will be so low you will not be able to launch and then they are going to have a bunch of other lawsuits to deal with (Membership owners)/
Your boat has to be registered to the owner of the membership and also has to have a safety check. I went out on Memorial day and they turned away over 15 boats because they didnt have the necessary safety equipment.
Bottom line dont waste your money/ It is only good for about 2 hours in the morning and then the wind blows it out and it looks like Lake Parris. CRAPPY