Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-03-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Where is everyone going to be hittin the camps up this year?
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-03-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
Me and Jake are going to Shauns camp over in Orlando July 26th! can't wait!!!

I picked that for our anniversary vacation!
Old    blindsiderider            06-03-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
I did Bonifays in May and I am doing the OUTLAW camp with Mike Schwenne in July should be great.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
I'll be riding with enough pro level riders to pick up a few pointers hopefully. Maybe I'll visit Mike Schweene for a day.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-03-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
My son and I are going to west coast camps at the end of June(Mike Schwenne) at Lake McClure in CA.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
im going to shaun's camp next summer for my graduation...hopefully by then I will have all my tricks down and it will be pointless.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-03-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
Thats way cool, West Coast Camps has it going on. Tony, how was the bonifays school?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
I second Angi's recommendation for Murray's School The Boarding School

Shaun and Travis are down to earth and run a well organized camp. This is a camp where you truly feel like a guest in their home as they provide you with all your meals, a slew of video games to kill the time in the evenings, and ton of demo gear! You'll find no attitudes here. Just a 100% of Murray's and Moye's attention! Everything from the instruction to the accommodations is first class. You won't be disappointed!

Sure you think you rip and you may have some tricks in your bag, but until you see Murray throw a blind judge (click here to see video) over a 6’ 1” dude 25+ feet into the flats you’ll understand why he’s world champ. Point is.. Anyone can learn something new at this camp!

I believe they are filled all the way through the fall! So plan/book early!

Old     (hyprlightborder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-03-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
im goin to West Coast Camps; the middle of june....cant wait ! it should be lotz of fun
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
Dave, That was fricken HUGE
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
J-Rod - It's even more impressive in person. We're definitely going to see a new level of riding from Murray when he returns to the Pro circuit.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-03-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
holy crap that clip of shaun is sick
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-03-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
I have to say TBS as well- Shaun and Travis are both great people as well as great instructors/drivers/motivators etc.... They will go out of their way to make you feel at home and to make sure you have everything that you need- Yes, it is quite a rush to see Shaun ride in person- what I thought was even cooler was Shaun riding in the tube while I rode and did wake jumps over him! the other high point of my last trip to TBS was landing my first hs 3- it was off the 2 up and shaun was driving (I'll never forget that as long as I live!) and travis was pumping me up- they said that I couldn't get in the boat till I stomped one! If you go to TBS you will learn a lot about wakeboarding and boat driving- but what will stay with you for the longest is travis and shaun's stoke for the sport- wakeboarding is clearly their passion-

Alex

PS- KUNG FU_ you are so right about Murray- he looks like he is having so much fun being at the school and on the board with no real thoughts about a contest run or any of that stuff- it's so cool to watch him ride knowing that he is doing what he wants back there not just what judges or other people want to see- that's part of what I was talking about above- shaun's stoke for wakeboarding can't help but rub off on you-
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
that sounds like an awesome experience, Alex.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-03-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
Yeah, I am so excited to go! I mean my regular 'crew' is guys that are top notch..but as Kung Fu said.. at camp..they are there to do nothing but instruct me. I am going into it as a sponge, try to soak up as much info and experience as I can.

I love all the guys I ride with cuz they really push me and teach me alot! I like when they expect bigger/better things out of me..it motivates me to 'get er done' and rise to the occassion.

I am thinking wakecamp can only help me progress more and then maybe next year I'll be someones 'inspiration' to get out there, have fun and RIDE!

yes, they did say they were booked thru fall. good for them!
we start July 26th..there for the week!
Old    blindsiderider            06-03-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
Bonifays was fun. I got to ride behind parks X-Star all week. It has so much lead in it the wake is sick. Got to ride with Shane one day also rode with JD Web. One day we went to OWC and rode the cable and got to meet Grubb and watch him win the biggest air off the kicker on a wake skate contest that they threw. So I had a great time but not really a true wakeboard camp like West coast camps or some of the other Florida Camps
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-04-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
Angi-
You will have such a great time at the camp- I can't say enough good things about it- they've got it going on to say the least- the lakes out there are sick! you might see a few fishing boats during the day but that's about it- there are 6 lakes and no matter which way the wind is blowing you can always find pretty much perfect water- I left my boat down there all winter and rode 1X/ month out there from dec to may and I am so spoiled from it- now when I see other boats and rollers I freak out!!!!! Shaun and Travis will push you if you want to be pushed or if you just want to ride and chill that's cool too- just take my advice about one thing- PACE YOURSELF! you'll feel like someone kicked your ass by the end of the week! and when you're feeling like you need a boost tell Travis you need some "tough love" he'll know what you're talking about- HAVE FUN! I'm Jealous-

Alex
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-04-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
swweet! thanks Alex. helpful advice there. I have heard about the pacing yourself thing..plus I am 32 years old! (Geezer) yeah right! but still, I ahve been trying to go like 3-4 days in a row right now to get my body used to it and doing my pilates and workout. so..
ok, tough love. got it! yes, i like to be pushed i try harder. when i know someone is counting on me, i really give it my all. i am pretty good at pushing myself to my limit so i think it will work out good..they 'll get me just over that edge!

i am so looking forward to it now!
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-04-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
Angi-
I'm 33 soon to be 34 so I know how it feels! haha- i feel like I did at 21 but now I don't recover as fast- that's the only thing- travis and shaun will beat you if you let them down- like I said "tough love" -lol
don't you guys ride with scott hopkins some??? I went to ride the spot with him - he can tell you all about how Travis coaches and stuff- when we were there travis was pushing scott to enter jr mens- he hadn't even really tried to compete at that time- in 3 days I saw him work out a crow mobe and a pete rose- that was really impressive- if you see scott tell him I said hello- I usually only see him at the comps-
Take care and have fun at TBS- you guys are in for a real treat- it is about as much fun as you can have wakeboarding-

Alex
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-09-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
Alex,
what up? how funny is this, i will be at tbs a week before angie. every time ive been there i ve met someone online who is going to be there that week. i'm in monterrey for the moment and fixing to go get a pull. ill drop you an e mail later. you gotta send me a picture of your new boat!
later..
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
The boys went out to TBS the last of February. Shaun and Travis both are such class acts and great people in general, aside from the wakeboarding. Both Shaun, Travis, and Carrie and Travis gf were so gracious to the boys across the country without their parents. Big props out to TBS for lovin on my kids!
Along with Tony Carroll, and Ryan Anderson and Jared Couch and Derek Conway, the boys will be going up to Mike Schwennes' outlaw camp. Mike has been gracious enough to embrace the boys and express an interest in watching them grow in the sport of wakeboarding and helping them with their growth. I so admire his love of God and pray my kids emulate that. We are so excited to see what transpires up at West Coast Camps this summer!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-09-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
I'm 42 Angi, and I went to The Boarding School last October. It was great. There's little more that I can say about it that hasn't already been said here or on The Boarding School web page's testimonials. Alex H is indeed correct about pacing onesef. When I was on the plane home after three days at The Boarding School I felt sort of like I had been worked-over by a crew of thugs with baseball bats. But of course, it was a good hurt. No pain, no gain. A couple Advil each morning before going out on the boat may not be a bad idea though. And if you're into wakeboarding videos, ask them to play their wakeboarding video music soundtrack CDs. They rock! I look forward to your review when you return. Alex in NJ
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-10-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
dave,
that clip is awesome! did you make it to reno? i didn't see you, then again, my little butt was planted in the seat all day.

travis

Old    vance            06-10-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
Nice clip. I think thats on trout lake right near my house.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-11-2004, 12:40 AM Reply   
Alex and Alex--ha! thanks for the tips! I can't wait to go.

Hopefully I'll be coming back with an awesome review and a big backroll! I'm working on my HS W2W 180 right now!! and trying to ride as much as possible to 'curb the soreness' I'm up to 4 days in a row and still feelin' fine..
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
That was a great video clip. But some advice, when Shaun is coming over your head, DO NOT drift out. When I was down there, he almost took off a Canadian's head who wasn't paying attention. Travis can attest, it was almost deadly!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-11-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
Hey Travis!

Yes we were up at Reno. I tried to find you after the quarters and finals, but there was so much going on I guess we missed each other.... I did get a bunch of good footage which I'll post soon!

I'm going to try to make it to Irvine (about 70% right now) so I'll try to meet up with you then!

Cool, do you know if Shaun got the tape yet?
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-15-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
T-
keep up the GOLD BOND! that will help your little ass thats planted in the seat!

Alejandro-
yea man shoot me an email and we'll make a plan to ride in Mexico- I'm serious! I'd send you a pic of the boat but I don't have one yet- I'm supposed to get it back from the dealer tomorrow- just had the first service- it had 20 hours on it when I got it and in the last month we put 60+ hours on it- that's for real- the stereo remote went out and they were putting the bimini on it too- I'll take a pic tomorrow I hope- I had told T-bone that I would send him one too- shout at me when you get a chance- take care bro-

Alex
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-17-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
dude, what is your deal?
You have posted a total of FOUR times ...and every single post is about ME!??? WTF!?

your post on christie fishers thread is HILARIOUS! "your videos are so much better than angi simpsons..(thanks for the plug) so YOU watch all of my videos????closet junkey!)
and your comments are much more enjoyable...' EEWWW..Now that really SHOWS ME scott. put me right in my place. (uhh, yeah)

Your infatuation with me sounds like a deep seeded problem. stop 'craigin' out man..its SO obvious.

(Message edited by wakejunkeygirl on June 17, 2004)
Old    indywakechica            06-17-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
He's at it again huh? Got some major bug up his butt on ya girl. Might wanna check to make sure some shady guy isn't lurking at ya windows :-)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-17-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
Hope--Yeah, he's not right...

but good news...we are hooked up for riding when you come!!
and maybe...if you are lucky..I'll throw my fake boobs in your face!!!

btw..not a problem on the 'board' front. We have an extra and you two can most certainly use it!
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-17-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Wakejunkeygirl!
I just wanna know when you guys are coming up this way for our family reunion??
Old    indywakechica            06-17-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
Oh yeah...we'll have to get the boob shot on camera so can put it on here to piss him off even more :-)

Thanks on da board and ride! Was feeling like somebody who bums a cigarette then asks for a light too...was waiting on you to come back asking if me if I want you to smoke/ride it for me too :-)
Old    wakejunkeygirl            06-17-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
Matt--When is it??

Simpson food...YEAH!

www.slobgear.com is lookin' good. I LOVE my pink tank..just wore it the other day!

Hope--LOL! yeah right!? knowing that it pisses him off just makes me want to post more and more!(insert Diabolical laugh here)

no problem..would be silly to bring your board for one days riding! *but I won't be riding it for you..you're gonna have to do your first grab on your own!
so start thinkin' about which one you wanna do now so you can be all 'psyched up' for it!

(Message edited by wakejunkeygirl on June 17, 2004)
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-19-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
I don't think one exists, but maybe we should get one started????
I am sending you guys some more stuff........I just suck at getting things done.