Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-16-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
So I've wakesurfed all of last season and I wanted to get a board of my own. I have ridden a handful of boards and have found that I enjoy riding shorter boards better than longer boards.
I am about 5'11-6' and weigh about 220-230 during the warmer months typically.
I have ridden the following boards in order and here's my opinions on them and why I chose the board I did.

Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9:
Can freeride, but just have never REALLY liked riding it.

Liquid Force Fish 5'6:
First board I freerode, very stable. Fun for a while, especially when tired. Easy to sink the nose, hard to maneuver, feels like a pig.

Ronix Caption 4'8:
Easy to freeride and maneuver, regular board I ride. I can recover pearling most of the time. Very fun board.

React 4'0 (small NW manufacturer, now out of business, board is foam/fiberglass, not compression molded): Very easy to ride when you get your feet in the sweet spot. Extremely easy to maneuver, pretty quick, but still very stable. I could ride this board forever, easily my favorite.

O'Neil Alias 5'0: This board seemed very slippery and had a lot of characteristics as the Broadcast, if the broadcast was sprayed with Crisco first. Not a bad board, but not my cup of tea.

So from all of these, I wanted to find something that was similar to the React. I definitely wanted a small board and one that was a foam core instead of compression molded. I found this for a steal and bought it.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...uct/205-boost/

I haven't heard any reviews on this maker or board in particular, but looking at the pictures and specs it is really similar, to the way the React was made, even though it is 3" shorter at 3'9".
I know it says it has a weight limit of 120lbs, but I know for certain I am well above the weight limits for every one of those boards except the Fish. I have been able to ride the React better than all the other boards and the weight limit on that is probably really close, if not the same as the Wavezone Boost.

So, what do you think?