Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
well, i love to listen to music, especially when i'm working out, or running as i often do both...

however i find that when i pick out a good "pump up" song, i can often get more reps because it gets me going... and when i'm running a 10K race, i often find that when a good part of the song or a song in general comes, i can run without thinking about it as much

i also use music to pump myself up before lacrosse games to get an aggressive state of mind to pummel attackmen (any lax players will know what i play ;) )

sooo... i'm thinking of getting one of those headphones/ipod housing things for christmas, could it possibly pump me up when i'm riding and maybe cause my riding to be more aggressive like other activities

ps. i also know people who do motox often sometimes listen to music when they race and they use it to push themselves harder (not pros of course)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-22-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
nobody?
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-22-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
I listen to Linkin Park to pump me up for everything. I listened to it before all my wrestling matches last season, when I ride dirt bikes, or wakeboard. Linkin Park is freakin awesome!!! Unfortunately I don't think it makes me any better.

(Message edited by arizonarider on August 22, 2007)
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Well sounds like a personal deal my max in weights is no different if I listen to music or not. I love music but it doesn't make me better... just a better state of mind so to speak. So it's up to you really. Personal preference. I do know many people that ride with their tunes.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-22-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
Sevendust
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
i think its works wonders when you are questioning yourself. like if you just wreck really hard, and you don't think you can go for it again. it would work then. if you are already confident i don't see it making much difference, but will definitely help to coax you into hitting it hard.
Old     (lfs56)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-22-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
i listen to it while riding moto-x and sno-x...idk, i think it helps me push harder
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
not make me better, push me harder, like i can still lift the same weights and such, but when i listen to music i push harder and usually get some extra because it just pumps me up

no like... music means i curl 45lbs and no music means i curl 40
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-23-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
one word.

Korn.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
i have a couple different modes when riding my wake board. unlike when i ride my dirt bike im fired up and the adreniline is flowing 4th gear pinned around the track. when im on my wake board i will blast say pennywise, face to face, or even some slayer when i want to go big. but sometimes im in a more style mode and prefer some beats to help me get into a groove like some Jurassic 5, del tron, or even some sublime. does that make any sence.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-23-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
ya i gotcha bryan... i've actually sung to myself kinda like you did for your "groove" and its fun

now if i don't have korn:coming undone (great before lax games) i just say to myself, "go big, go big, go big, ect." all the way edging out and coming back in, and everytime, i go bigger than i normally do... and when i don't i get pissed and go do it again
and if that doesn't work i call my self a pus*y and go all or nothing
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-23-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
nothing like some pantera blasting during a sunrise set!
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
I'm a big fan of Pennywise. They should have some stuff that might work for you
Old     (sportydude)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-23-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
I like music to pump myself up too. like at our school when I curl i was able to curl 65 w/ music then at home w/o the music it was much less. And when I went to bench today i was like...somthin's missing...i turned on the music and it really gets me going to lift. gets the blood goin!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Earlier this summer my buddy was getting his board on on the swim platform and we started blaring "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" He flipped us off.

Rod Zombie's "Dragula" is awesome.

"Pump It" by Black Eyed Peas

"Cute Without the E" by Taking Back Sunday

"Pressure" by Swollen Members

The last three all are in wakeboard videos which only helps get me pumped to ride.
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-23-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
dang long poles
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
donovan frankenriter
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-26-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Riotmaker by tech n9ne is my favorite pump up song, its sooo sick
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-26-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
UNDEROATH!!!!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-26-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
Slayer - rain in blood
Dimmu Borgir - Progencies of the great apocolypse
Suffokate - the skies were filled with fire
Enter Shikari - sorry, your not a winner
wolfmother - woman

or

Dre ft. rick ross - Chevy ridin high
soulja boy - crank that soulja boy
kayne west - Jesus walks
Lil scrappy ft. Young buck - money in the bank