Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-18-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but are all 2008 MC Bimini's mounted so that they wrap around the upper cross section of the tower?

what about tower speakers? did they allow for that? the few pics i've seen of 08 X-1's and X-2's show this new bimini and none of them had tower speakers.

are all dealers mounting them this way?

tia
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-18-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
All Bimini's mounting hardware are preinstalled on towers like it or not, per dealer. Speakers are mounted like 07 models, Bimini designed to go around speaker mounts, uses zippers not snaps like 04 model.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-18-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
thanks for the reply
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-18-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
Bruce, thinking about an 08 now?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-19-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
no not necessarily, just an honest question. not sure i like the looks of that new design.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-19-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
I like the looks of it ok, but it is limiting for tower lights. They used a similar design on the 03-04 Xstar.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       03-21-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
A little confused about where some of the manufactures are going with the bimini tops. On my 07 X1 the bimini is the size of a postage stamp about 3 feet above my head. If the sun is straight overhead I'll get some shade! Went to Adlees this week and had them add a 5 foot extension to the back of the bimini but that's no help when driving towards the sun. The real trick will be how to extend the front of the bimini without looking like a hack job.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
Gary any pics of the new top improvements?
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       03-23-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I'm going out Monday and will take a few pics. Try to get them posted that night.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       03-26-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
MCXSTAR on the first pic you can see how the bimini extension attaches to the factory bimini rear support bow. With the extension up there’s no question that it helps for the driver and passengers across from the driver. If you made it longer and extend down the sides 6 inches it would definitely help for the people in the back bench seat. I did not go longer on the extension so that it would sit on the bench seat while still attached for trailering. A large plastic zipper attaches the extension to the factory bimini and on the last pic you can see how the upper support attaches to the tower.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-26-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
wow those kids look stoked!
lucky buggers! ;)
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       03-26-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
You would think they bought the boat!
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       03-27-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Here is a piture of my 2008 x2 with the bimini up. The cover wrapes around the bimini and the top tower bar, it is a real pain to put the cover on, several zipers and velcro strapes.

Upload
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Bill, I just noticed something about your boat. Did you get that one before they went to the fold down platform? I noticed that you have the tipped exhaust.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-28-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
Looks like Bill has the fold down platform
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-28-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
Gary, thanks for the pics. Looks like the kids will stay out of the sun when in the boat
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       04-02-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
Mike, My platform folds down, that is until it hits the wake plate. I think the x2's have the chrome tipped exhaust and the fold down platforms. The only time I fold it down is to clean the transom. Notice the under water LED's, they look cool at night, I added Blue LED's all over in the interior also, they come on with the remote for the under water LED's.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
bill,
I've got the remote lighting also. I'm going to add LED's in the vents and all over the interior. Where did you get your LEDs?
Old     (wpstevenson)      Join Date: May 2002       04-03-2008, 5:52 AM Reply   
superbrightleds.com There are 15 of us renting a house on Eagle Lake in FL. We are leaving Friday for 10 day of skiing and wakeboarding. I'll take some pics of the LED's while we are gone. I'll be up to the open house at boatworks on the 26, see you then.