Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    edward            07-01-2002, 3:04 PM Reply   
i have a pretty good ollie right now, i can ollie a buoy a little bigger than a bball, but i see other people ollie like 2-3 feet and i can't seem to get that high and i have been trying for over a month now, i just ollie the same height. how can i get it bigger?
Old    arlanj            07-02-2002, 6:35 AM Reply   
Rope tension is the key. You have to load the rope to get height. Easier said than done.
Old    edward            07-02-2002, 7:17 AM Reply   
ok i'll try that tomarrow-thanks
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       07-02-2002, 7:14 PM Reply   
how do you get a good amount of tension in the rope
Old    boarda911            07-03-2002, 4:42 PM Reply   
rip it sideways and rip up like a mo and then ollie hardcore and make sure to lean a lil forward in the air
Old    chrispy1            07-03-2002, 6:31 PM Reply   

Old    boarda911            07-03-2002, 7:20 PM Reply   
looks like you are about to wipe out man
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-03-2002, 7:29 PM Reply   
damn chris, you might want to add some weight to your boat, there is no wake...
Old    chrispy1            07-04-2002, 7:56 AM Reply   
I landed it alright . Yes i would love to add weight to my boat but then my outboard would rip off my transom. I ride behind a 1987 maxum 17ft with a crappy 85hp force outboard.

its the latest in wakeboarding technology :-)
Old    gordon523            07-04-2002, 10:14 PM Reply   
this is just how i oli and i can oli a no wake bouy on a good day. i cut out to the left side of the boat(i ride left foot forward so it might be right side for you) and i do them on the way out i cut out pretty hard too keep the taunt then let of my edge and falten out then push down as hard as i can on the tail of my board. it gives ya pretty good pop and one you get that down you might try oliing off of rollers they are fun to play around with. oh and it looks like you crash in that pic. a way to flaten your board out is try to pull it up into a tail grab even if you dont' get it but you try to grab it will flaten your board out. keep ridden hard though
Old    hadcity            07-30-2002, 7:04 PM Reply   
Dear Chris,
I said this not to be mean but get a new boat!!!!!!!
Old    hadcity            07-30-2002, 7:18 PM Reply   
O and Chris what lake do u wake on cus it look a lot like my lake (lake carrol) well hope u see this peace
Old    stylin5150            07-31-2002, 1:56 AM Reply   
Dude i am stoked on Chris's boat... You know why...cuz he paid for it himself..thats rad.. wtg bro keep stepping it up you'll have nicer boat in no time. Keep Rippin
Old    chrispy1            07-31-2002, 11:00 AM Reply   
i bought this boat at the end of last fall. It was sitting in this guys back yard for 7 years, partially covered. I think i paid about $500. I did everything myself , seats , refiberglassing, transom restrengthening , and reapired the OB. not to bad because i was only 16 at the time. I paid for it with my own money from concrete, and landscaping.

Umm , hadcity its the delaware river in PA, near the berlingtion bristol bridge.
Old    hadcity            07-31-2002, 5:35 PM Reply   
ooo well it looked like my lake and thats tight that u bought ur own boat yeah and to bragg or anything but i have a 2000 malibu sunsetter vlx with a titan tower and titan spin racks and i love it. It should be ur next boat. oooo yeah i was wondering how good r u cus i am tring the hs bs 360 and on the hand switch i keep missin it so if u have any points share them please! ur boat it tight for buying it with ur own money. well peace
Old    chrispy1            07-31-2002, 7:12 PM Reply   
no i am not up to that yet. I can all the 180's , including blind. When i was going for the blind 180s i kept missing the handle too. After a few times i just got it. Also what really helped me is riding alot switch , so you get real comfortable riding both ways.
Old    hadcity            08-01-2002, 8:59 AM Reply   
Yeah i can ride switch pretty good and my 180s r good but i allways have trouble on the handel pass well thx anyways. lata
Old    vlxboarder            08-14-2002, 11:15 PM Reply   
see... i never felt comfortable riding goofy... i cant hold the handle with both hands goofy without feeling unstable. I rode for a whole half hour trying to feel it out. Never stuck. I can land a BS 180 landing goofy, and then ollie or do another BS or FS 180 back and stick it again. But i just cant get the feeling down of being goofy. Any tips?
Old                11-03-2002, 11:22 PM Reply   
hey chrispy1! do you have any pros or cons on outboard boats just like yours? How is it for riding? is the wake really small? how high?