Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    rmarion            12-30-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
We get a call this morning from our local Police Department regarding our Boat at our storage facility. The Boat is stored outside....... Someone stole our complete sound system, receiver, all (14) speakers, tower box speakers. I just spent 2K on the audio upgrade in Sept. Only took her out once to enjoy

Merry X-Mas...............

I wish I could find interior stoarge here in So-Cally without mortaging the Ranch

I'll post pic's later.......
Old    rmarion            12-30-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
I just wonder if they would of stole the system, or broke into my boat, if the tower speakers were not installed???????
They hit about 20 vehicules, Boat, Toy Haulers etc.

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-30-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
Sorry man..that really is a bummer!

Doesn't look like they were in too much of a hurry....it looks like they unscrewed everything and didn't just cut the wires.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-30-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Thats a real clean uninstall job. The had a lot of time, lighting and correct tools. Just be thankfull they did not crowbar the stuff out and destroy your boat or tower box. Sorry to hear about it.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-30-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
yeah I would think it's an inside job when they take it out so clean. I guess that's one thing to be happy about. My buddy got his radio jacked out of his car and they ruined his whole dash. I remember he said I wish they would have just taken the radio.

Good luck on your new system and sorry to hear the bad news.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2004, 3:59 PM Reply   
Man, that sucks richard. At least they didn't get that box. I rember that paint job that thing took me hours. That paint job was a one of a kind. Hope they catch the guys who did it.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-30-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
Im sure with a good looking boat like that you have insurance, but what about the storage facility....does their insurance cover you and the others that got ripped? If so that had to be at least a 3-4k$$ system or more!!! good luck getting it taken care of.
Old    rmarion            12-30-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
They only took the sound system.
I will admit, they did a VERY clean un-install job. But they did not take there shoes off...
They left the girls wakeboard, which made them happy.........

Squid, STILL awesome Paint job on Box\clipart no damage to the box{happy}

We have insurance, I just don't know if I should turn it in.??????????

Worst Part, the install was completed late September, we never got to run the River and let everyone her our sound.............
Old    walt            12-30-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
My condolences That really sucks !
Old    whitechocolate            12-30-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
Yes it is a nice un-install job. Truth is if someone knows what they are doing thats the way things should come down or out. So the Inside Job theroy is out in my book. Yes I have seen some real distruction job's and half the time they F' up the stuff they are ripping out. I bet it takes more time and is louder ripping stuff like that out than taking your time and using the correct tools. Its in a storage lot they can take all the time they need.

But sorry this happend to you, I would hate for someone to UN-INSTALL my set up. I would never have a system like what I do if I couldnt store my boat in my own garage, It just dosent make sence. IMO the tower box is a Red light saying hey I got somthing in here, you might waht to think about a some what removable system in the winter time. Im going to do a system in a friends boat that will be like this. Im going to mount all the amps to the sub box's with quick disconnect's so when he parks his boat he can remove the whole system, I know its a pain but IMO if you park in a storage lot its worth the hassle
Old    rmarion            12-30-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
Grant

I was thinking the same thing, about the box. But I'm still worried about the re-install. Just how long before it happens again......... I'm gonna make the box removeable to store a home. Me and the misses are now thinking about re-landscaping our yard for boat storage on the side of our house. Only the estimate for this work is 10-15K so its a hard pill to swallow..........

F-N thiefs...............

This never happen with our old POS boat.......
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-30-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
I used to have a 92 Jeep Wrangler, I had the sterio stolen from it 4 times in one year. I just sold the thing cause I got sick of it. People make me sick. I have a 500 dollar deductible so I never got to claim.
Old    jmo52            12-30-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
Thats lame. I'm sorry to see that.Drew's right at least they took it out clean.
Old    sunsetterlxi            12-31-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
I am sorry to hear and see about that. Did they hit 20 vehicles in the SAME LOT??? That would have taken some time or alot of people. I just moved to San Diego about 2 months ago and while we were waiting for our house, my wife and I stayed in an extended stay hotel. One night our dog woke me up to go outside and when I went to take her out I noticed that someone pulled the cover off of our 05 MC. My heart instantly fell into my stomach! The only thing missing when I inspected was my boat tool box and they did put a small tear in one of the seat cushions, they didn't take the JL audio speakers or any of the wakeboards that were just laying in the boat. I was confused at the time but figured they didn't know how valuable those boards or bindings are. I spent the next two nights in my truck with a .45 waiting for them to come back!!!! I did also notice you leave you keys in the boat!!!! Whoa!!! My baby is now in our garage and I don't even store it with the keys in the ignition, I leave one of them in my truck's center console so I don't forget it!! Just wondering why you would do that?

(Message edited by sunsetterlxi on December 31, 2004)
Old    rmarion            01-01-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
Tim

I leave the keys in the boat, so that way I don't forget them. We tow with two differant Vehicule. I cable lock the wheels in the storage. BTW, our iginition is junk, It can be hot wire asap.
All 20 vehicules are in the same storage. I always felt safe at this storage, but not now.
Old     (speakersox)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-02-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Richard, your equipment was not "uninstalled", it was STOLEN.I hate to give credit to rats but since they did a clean job, you would be better off not filing an insurance claim. I really hope that whoever ripped you off was a stranger.
Old    rmarion            01-02-2005, 3:00 PM Reply   
Jay
JPhillips

Your absolutely correct........... It would sux if it was an aquanitance

Actually IT JUST PLAIN SUX'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll will not re-install until spring..........
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-03-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
Richard, how is your storage area accessed? Gate card, key, or code number? Just wondering what kind of security was in place.
Old    rmarion            01-03-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
Pierce

Normal hours 8am - 6 pm 7 days week. Must sign in prior to entering. 24 hour onsite Managers. No access is granted during off hours. I felt this storage was the safeist around..........

BTW, I had our old POS boat in that storage for 15 years with no trouble and or damage. Also have RV Trailor stored there for 5 years - no problems.............

It could be an isolated incident, but I don't have the warm and fuzzy feelings anymore.
Old    whitechocolate            01-06-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
Richard I say quit your crying, things could be worse, J/K but this might make you feel a bit better look at what happend to this guy's SANTE after it was stolen and stripped

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2225
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-06-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
yeah, now that is stripped. Look at the bright side at least you can still ride behind your boat
Old    rmarion            01-06-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
Hey Grant that looks similar to the storage yard where I keep my boat. I wonder if they have any indoor storage over there.

The boat is still in GREAT condition. I'll quit bitchen, until the spring when I start audio installation..................lol