Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Anfan1)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-31-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
Hey Wakeworld... First time posting so don't blast me. I have been riding for the last 5 years behind different variations of Moombas. My most recent was a 2006 Mobius, LSV which was an awesome boat. Felt like blowing some cash this winter, so rather than starting a bon fire and throwing hundreds into it, I though I would step up to Mastercraft. I ended up going with a 2008 X2. I was right there with everyone else making fun of MC and their pricing, but this new (to me) boat absolutely rocks! The wake is so predictable and is not hard to dial in at all. With my Moomba I was always screwing with the wake plate and ballast to try and fine tune it but in the end I would end up hitting that nasty unpredictable wake once in a while.

So after the first few rides this year, I definitely liked the wake, but this weekend was the final deal breaker for me. I headed out on the lake with 20+ mph winds which generally was a nightmare in the Moomba (hull flex) and the X2 performed like a rock star. I actually had fun in the 3 foot waves and the hull didn't flex at all...very nice. I also like the size of the boat, it fits in my garage better and the tip down rear swim platform is great.

I do have some questions though...the V-Dig thing (LCD display) always starts up with that video of some guy wakeboarding..how in the hell do I get that off of there and make it so that it goes right to my main screen? Also, the key either has to be on, or on ACC for the stereo to run, how do I make it so the stereo stays on regardless of the position the key is in?
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-31-2011, 4:30 PM Reply   
If you don't get any responses post your question at http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/ and someone will know. My boat has the BIG so I am not familiar with the vdig and I just turn the key to the left for the radio to run.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
As Joel said Brian. Head over to TeamTalk for EVERYTHING MC and bring a cup of coffee.
Congrats on joining the MC family, I have an X2 myself... love the boat. Glad to help if you have any other specific questions but I cant help you with the VDIG as I have standard gauges on mine.
Old     (Anfan1)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-01-2011, 5:44 AM Reply   
Good call, I will head over to Team Talk! Thanks
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-01-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
you can turn off the video in settings and then click on video and uncheck the box that starts it everytime
Old     (Anfan1)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-01-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
Thanks Gregg...fixed the video glich. Now I just need to figure out the stereo.

Another quick question for you Gregg, have you had any trouble getting your ballast to fill. My front ballast and left side fills like clockwork everytime. But with the right one, the pump times out (turns off) the first couple of tries before it actually fills the tank?
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-01-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
never had any problems with filling but there are a lot of people myself included that have a hard time draining the front tank, the timer times out before it's empty and you have to turn it on and off. I have heard a lot from people on teamtalk that they are designed to be filled and drained at 1200 RPM's, not sure if there is truth behind it but doesn't hurt to try, I have taken it out of gear and put it up around a grand to see- hard to tell. if you post any of these topis on teamtalk you will get 100's of replies. Good luck and congrats on the boat!
Old     (iliketowakealot)      Join Date: May 2011       06-02-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
Ive got a 2006 Maristar 200SS, which is essentially the same as the X2, only difference is mastercraft marketing. I would strongly suggest getting the Fly-High integrated ballast system. The bow bag will eliminate porpoising when going over wakes = priceless. And the rear bags add the extra weight and are easily used to balance out the boat and set up for wakesurfing. Great to have the extra bags and it pumps up the wake as needed.

As for ballast pumps, I've had to replace 2 of 3 over the last 5 years. Multiple reasons it could be, but never sure. Also, you might want to turn each of the ballast pumps upside down. This allows any water that gets on the pump to run down on the brass fitting instead of the pump housing; may help extend the life.
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       06-04-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
Brian - RE: Ballast, per the MC manual it is critical to run your RPM's at 1500 when emptying and filling! Also, you should change your impellers to "Green" you will see improved fill/empty times and this also solves any siphoning issues. I also highly recommend adding the specific fly high sacs for the X2 for the rear lockers via the overflows. We have this plus a 350 down the walkway and the wake is great. Also, for surfing, fill the rear's for whatever side you are going to surf, fill the KGB plus the 350 down the walkway and you will get a great/long surf wake. Complete instructions by "Roonies" for the overflow install on the MC TT site.

Lastly, I follow this simple rule when filling/empty, green impellers and 200 hours, no issues.

Fill standing still @ 1500 RPMs, empty plowing (in forward) @ 1500 RPM's!
Attached Images