Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
currently shasta lake is at 79 feet from the top. about 40 feet or so behind last year at this time. the good news is there is 10 feet of snow in the shasta lake water shed at the 5000 foot level. still alot of snow to melt before summer.
for those of you who don't know, shasta lake is THE lake to be on in the summer in california. plenty of sun, water, and hot, hot, hot. can't wait. hope you can make it for sun and fun.

trinity lake is @ 66 feet from the top not bad at all for this time of year. big snow pack also.
whiskey town lake is at its normal point for this time of year. always a favorite of the locals. you can have lake tahoe. i'll take whiskeytown lake or trinity lake any time.

hope your boat is ready for summer fun.

mike
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
are these "lakes" ones that have been formed by dams?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-18-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
I love Shasta, I wil definetely be there for Memorial Day Weekkend with my new boat. We ussually go to lakehead and camp
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
yes, shasta dam for shasta lake, whiskeytown dam (clair engle) for whiskeytown lake, and trinity dam for trinity lake.
Old    howie            01-18-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
I have never been to shasta but i plan on changing that this year. Been to whiskeytown lake once when I was a wee lad. inlaw justed moved to orvile and I am there this year to ride like a mad man any ideas for places to camp and stuff let me know . How weird #2
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-18-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
Checkout www.shastalake.com for alot of info about shasta. As where to stay everyone has their place but the pit arm is a great place.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
#2 weird, myself, i like the pit arm and the squaw arm of shasta lake for camping, if you boat camp or houseboat camp. as for camp sites you drive to that all depends on how full the lake is and if you have a travel trailer or not. if you do have a travel trailer there are numerous spots to pull right down to the water edge. no facilities though(water, dump stations, power,) i like the pit arm for wakeboarding. if you do not have a trailer i like lakehead/sugarloaf area on the sac. arm. jones valley on the pit arm. hirz bay on the mcloud arm. but early in the summer. it gets muddy later in the summer on the mcloud arm.

enjoy, mike
Old    jmo52            01-18-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I love Trinity we go Houseboating there every year for the past 16 years.
Full or empty that lake is still a blast.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       01-19-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
Howie - we boat camp or houseboat on Shasta several times a summer. Of course camping is a lot cheaper, but houseboating is great.

Our favorite boat camp spots are Ski Island around the corner from Silverthorn and Gooseneck around a few corners from Shasta marina. Both have good pit toilets and picnic tables and you can be right next to the shoreline, but still protected from the sun by the trees. You have to plan ahead well since you can't bring a lot, but you would be amazed at how little you need.

Daniel mentioned Lakehead - they have drive in campgrounds which can be crowded and a walk down to the dock, but they are quiet at night (other than the train). I don't really like that part of the lake - narrow and crowded and not many isolated coves for mid day runs.
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-19-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
We want to hit Shasta this summer, too. Our gang has 4x4 trucks with large cabover campers on them, and we will be towing the boats.
I am interested in those shoreline campgrounds where we can have the boats near the campsites.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-19-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/shastatrinity/recreation/nra/shasta/camping.shtml
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       01-20-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
Here is a picture from Ski Island - can't wait till summer

ski
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-20-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
Sbb will be there in toward the end of the summer of 05 for the big houseboat trip !!!
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-20-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
sordave, great pic, you know what shasta lake is all about. family, friends, sun and fun, what else is there?
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-22-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
#2 weird- if you are in the area (oroville) you shuold contact me i live in chico most of the time and i have been to shasta so i am familiar with the area, let me know if you need any help or if you are looking for someone to ride with in the area
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-22-2005, 10:38 PM Reply   
Anytime anyone of you are at Shasta please feel free to contact us. Shasta is our home lake.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-22-2005, 11:17 PM Reply   
I was at Bridgebay today looking at Houseboats to rent, geeeezo they have the lamest houseboats I have ever seen! You would think they would keep up witht the times. I think Im gonna go with Jones Valley