Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-09-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
I bought a pair of 2005 CWB Torq's 3 months ago, they tore today along one of the sides, I plan on calling CWB tomorrow. Does anyone know how they might handle this?
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-09-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Ya they will send you new overlays and you can put them on or you can send them to CWB for repair.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-09-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
I would suggest going with the option of them sending you the new overlay, because any time you send stuff back it take a couple weeks at least (with any company) and in the middle of summer that just wont do. Unless you can get yourself in some 06's then go for it.

In the mean time you can fix that pretty easy. get a patch of rubber, super glue it to the inside of where the wholes are. punch some new wholes, screw it back on.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-09-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
Just goto the shop you bought them at and they should give you a new pair. I've ripped 2 pairs of 3DS this year and performance just replaced them, no questions asked
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-09-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
CWB's really good on customer service. Just call them up and they'll send you anything you need with no charge besides shipping and sometimes they will ship for free. I've ripped a couple pairs of 04 torqs myself. Replaced everytime.
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-09-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
hahahaha, this happened to me 2 weeks ago but i havnt done anything about it. i guess i need to do something about them! exact same bindings btw
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
That was common with the torq's last year, they should fix them for ya!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-10-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
the thing about bindings is they always break.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-10-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
if it makes you feel any better.. I had 2 different pair of LF bindings rip on me the first week I rode 'em.
Old     (wakeecuador)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
I will suggest not to bite your nails.. LOL

boots are not perfect.. I had used Hyperlite's Parks, Obrien's Ion and now LF Watson..
Obrien seems to have better quality overall (according to some people problems with Watson's falling apart)
My Ions lasted two long seasons, I ride in salt water and lakes, all year long, and they resisted like a champ!

I sold my Demented with Ions (not for quality problems, I just got a good deal for it -$500!!-), and I switch to LF to give them a try. I'm really happy with my Watson Combo, but I'm a little scared about problems I had read with the Watson's boots this year
Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
Talked to CWB today, they are sending out a new skin. Very cool and helpful.